South Africa offers leisure as well as corporate travellers excellent four-star hotels where satisfactory service and convenient facilities are available. Some of South Africa's four-star hotels are member hotels of groups, while others are privately owned. The Protea Hotel Group of South Africa, the City Lodge Hotel Group as well as Tsogo Sun, Southern Sun manage some of the countries four-star hotels most of which are in South Africa's major centres like Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Best 4-star hotels in South Africa:
- Victoria and Alfred Hotel, Cape Town
- Commodore Hotel, Cape Town
- DaVinci Hotel, Sandton, Johannesburg (Gauteng)
Best 4-star Johannesburg hotels:
- DaVinci Hotel, Sandton
- The Maslow Hotel, Sandton
- Holiday Inn Sandton
- Park Inn Sandton
- The Devonshire, Johannesburg city centre.
Best 4-star Cape Town hotels:
- Victoria and Alfred Hotel, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Commodore Hotel, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Portswood Hotel, Cape Town
Best 4-star Durban hotels:
- Makaranga Garden Lodge, Kloof
- The Benjamin Hotel, Morningside
- Riverside Hotel & Spa, Morningside
- Premier Hotel Pinetown
- Southern Sun Elangeni & Maharani, Durban North Beach
- City Lodge Durban, city centre
- Royal Hotel, city centre.
The Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton is a calm oasis of the country estate in the heart of the business and entertainment hub of Sandton located in Johannesburg, South Africa....
Conveniently located opposite the Gateway Shopping and just minutes from King Shaka Airport, the hotel on Umhlanga Ridge exudes urban tranquillity....