Dugong Beach Lodge Vilanculos, in the Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary in southern Mozambique, is a tropical safari haven combining marine and wildlife experiences with understated luxury.
Dugong Guests are given absolute priority and are free to choose whether they would like to explore the nearby ocean or bush in a broad range of exciting activities. Alternately, visitors may want to soak up the tropical splendour on the pristine beach.
The hotel comprises of 12 air-conditioned chalets, each luxuriously decorated with all the amenities necessary for a relaxing beach and bush vacation. Two of the cottages have two separate bedrooms, as well as a private plunge pool. Outdoor showers, private deck areas with day beds and a sensuous overflowing pool all add to the incredible facilities at the lodge.
All chalets have telephones, mini-bars, tea & coffee stations and wall safes. Each of the sea-facing suites looks out on the nearby Indian Ocean, and the bathrooms overlook private courtyards where one can take a refreshing, adventurous outdoor shower.
The lounge, dining room, and sun deck all magnificent command views of the aquamarine waters. The facilities are gracefully connected by a beautifully designed interflowing swimming pool - featuring an island-style bar with martini seats. A wooden jetty reaching out into the shallows offers an ideal place to get even further away from it all.
The lodge presents the perfect getaway option for either company incentives or small seminars. Venues can easily be arranged for meetings. Prior notice is required for any specific conferencing requirements, due to the remote location.
- Electricity is produced by a generator that runs only at scheduled times to preserve the charming ambience. An hour after the last guest has retired to bed; the power source transfers to solar – adequate for lighting and fans only.
- A short boat transfer reaches the lodge, and guests have to wade through knee-deep water to get to the ship, guests are therefore advised to dress accordingly (sandals, shorts, and light, weather-proof jacket). As the lodge falls within a malaria zone, it is recommended that you bring protective clothing and consult your doctor about preventative measures before your trip. Additionally, be sure to remember all own medication, sun protection, and antihistamines, as there is no nearby pharmacy.
- Please inquire with us about the visa requirements about your country of origin. Note that Dugong guests are liable for passenger, immigration and airports taxes, payable in US$ or ZAR in cash only. All guests pay a conservation fee (per person staying) that is not included but is paid on arrival or departure.
- Mosquito net
- Ceiling fan
- Mini safe
- Tea and coffee station
- Hair-dryer (on request)
- Private deck
- En-suite indoor/outdoor bathroom (with outdoor shower).
- Facilities and Services
Facilities and Services:
- Boat Transfers to and from the lodge
- Overflowing swimming pool
- Private dinners on your chalet deck (or another venue)
- Outdoor/indoor bathrooms
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Hair-dryers (on request)
- Flexible meal times
- Water-based activities (snorkelling, diving, fishing and various cruise options).
- In-house and outsourced activities
- Mosquito nets
- Personal safes in chalets
- Tea/coffee stations
- Massage treatments.
- Groups and Incentive Trips
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Beverage Maker in Room
- Direct dial telephone
- Ensuite private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Indoor Outdoor Showers
- Mini bar
- Mosquito net
- Outside Shower
- Private plunge pool
- Separate sitting area
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Viewing Deck
Facilities Available at Dugong Beach Lodge
- Barbeque & braai area
- Beach club
- Boardroom Facilities
- Cocktail Bar
- Conference venue
- Curio Shop
- Hiking trails
- Hotel Bar
- Outdoor patio
- Plunge pool
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Sea Views
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- The Bird hide
- Viewing deck
More Information on Dugong Beach Lodge
FAQs about Dugong Beach Lodge
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Dugong Beach Lodge are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
How much does a room at Dugong Beach Lodge cost?
The average rate for a night's stay at Dugong Beach Lodge is US $570.00 to US $1,210.00.
Where is Dugong Beach Lodge located?
The address of Dugong Beach Lodge is: Wildlife Sanctuary, Vilankulos.