The Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Center is on the magnificent Namibian coastline, in the quaint town of Swakopmund. Dating back to 1901, the historic Old Station Building is today this Victorian style hotel. The hotel rooms are all decorated in a Victorian style reminiscent of a bygone era of grace and civility. Visitors can find air conditioning, television, tea and coffee making facilities, bathrooms with bathtubs, showers and toilets, direct dial telephones, electronic safes, electric razor plugs, fully stocked minibars, and hair dryers in the hotel's rooms.
Available services range from babysitting, laundry services and dry cleaning to valet service and concierge requests. Shops and cinemas, a hair salon, a children's games room, secure parking, Internet facilities, a curio shop, a swimming pool, and a gymnasium are all available to guests. At the hotel, which forms part of the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Center, visitors may enjoy exciting games of Blackjack, Roulette and Stud poker.
The hotel rooms are bright and spacious, decorated in a Victorian style, and most have a pleasant view of the pool terrace. The rooms feature mini-bars, individual air conditioning, TVs, tea and coffee-making facilities, bathrooms with bath, shower and toilet, direct dialling telephones, electric razor plugs (100/200V), and hair dryers.
The hotel offers the following room types:
- 43 Twin Rooms
- 30 Family Rooms
- 14 Luxury Rooms
- 2 Luxury Suites
- 1 Wheelchair Accessible Room
Whether it is dining in style or something more casual and laid-back, visitors have a choice of different dining venues at this entertainment centre in Namibia. The Platform One Restaurant offers a more refined experience in true Victorian style. This 160-seater restaurant has been carefully designed to take guests back to the old-world charm of a bygone era. Guests may choose between the gourmet à la carte menu or the renowned speciality buffet spread. The restaurant is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The city of Swakopmund is located on the B2 road and is also connected to the Trans-Namib Railway from Windhoek to Walvis Bay. The Airport is 7 km away from the hotel, and Walvis Bay Airport is 47 km away from the hotel.
Swakopmund is a city on the Atlantic coast of northwestern Namibia, 365 km west of Windhoek, Namibia's capital. Swakopmund is a beach resort and an excellently preserved example of German colonial architecture. This town in Namibia was founded in 1892 as the first harbour for German South-West Africa. It is one of the few places anywhere outside of Europe where a sizable minority of the population speaks German and has German roots.
Directions to Swakopmund:
- Get onto the Kalahari Highway, travelling in a southerly direction
- Drive over the bridge
- You will find yourself on a highway with palm trees on the right-hand side
- You will come to the traffic lights (there is a BP behind you and a shopping centre diagonally across from you)
- Keep straight ahead on Sam Najuuma Avenue
- Pass the Engine service station
- Travel further down the road until you get to the Total service station
- Turn right into Nathaniel Maxuilili Street and drive for another three blocks, and you will be able to drive directly to the parking area
Directions from Walvis Bay:
- Get on to the Kalahari Highway (the only road leading out of Walvis Bay in a northerly direction)
- Drive for about 33 km
- Enter Swakopmund driving in the Nathaniel Maxuilili Street and keep straight on that road
- You will pass the Catholic Church on your left (a big orange-coloured church) - stay straight
- At the end of that block, you will see the hotel
- You drive directly to the parking area
- You will travel a total of 7 blocks from the time you cross the Swakop River Bridge
Facilities and Services
- 89 hotel rooms
- One wheelchair accessible room
- 46 km from Walvis Bay Airport
- Platform One Restaurant
- 24-hour room service
- 2 cinemas
- 18-hole desert golf course nearby
- Swimming pool
- Conference facilities for up to 350 delegates
- Wireless Internet connectivity
- Valet service
- Medical service on call
- Foreign exchange
- Gym facilities
- Health Studio
- Hair salon
Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre Specials
There are currently no specials for the Swakopmund Hotel & Entertainment Centre.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.