The luxurious Montusi Mountain Lodge features 14 Garden Suites in the beautiful valley of the Northern Drakensberg. The Lodge is three and a half hours away from Johannesburg and three hours from Durban.
The 102ha Montusi estate forms part of a conservation initiative in the Drakensberg region, and as a result, many of the wildlife and birdlife have flourished over the past ten years.
Experience the Drakensberg Mountains at their best during a tranquil and relaxing stay at the four-star lodge. Guests are in free-standing suites set apart in the native gardens. There is a central building with a dining room, lounge, bar, games loft and massage room.
Montusi Mountain Lodge can host 40 guests in 10 Garden Suites, 4 Family Suites and 2 Mountain Suites. Each suite provides a spacious bedroom, a separate sitting area and an en-suite bathroom. Furthermore, the suites also offer a private patio boasting beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. Guests can park their vehicles in the carport which is attached to their suite.
Montusi guests are welcome to relax and enjoy delicious local dishes and innovative menus at the Hotel Restaurant. Closed to the public, guests are in an intimate and elegant setting. During the wintertime guests are seated; in the dining room next to a log burning fire with underfloor heating; the most beautiful setting on a cold Drakensberg day. During the summer, guest can enjoy the panoramic views of the Mountains while dining in the Amphitheater.
- Gas operated fireplace
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Bar fridge with fresh milk
- Minibar upon request.
- Excellent location: the most magnificent views
- Owner-run: hands-on with genuine care for the area
- A wealth of local knowledge from a 3 generation family
- Lovely staff and a legendary Zulu guide
- Large estate with lots to do
- Every building takes full advantage of the view
- Unspoiled environment
- Maximum 40 guests
- A year-round destination: relatively mild, dry, sunny winters and beautiful, lush summers.
- Swimming in the rock swimming pool
- Daily guided hikes
- Horse riding
- Trout fishing
- Bird watching
- Mountain biking
- Relaxation massage
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Beverage Maker in Room
- Ceiling Fan
- DVD player
- Ensuite private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Facilities Available at Montusi Mountain Lodge
- Children's playground
- Hiking trails
- Hotel Bar
- Nearby golf course
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis court
- Trout dam
More Information on Montusi Mountain Lodge
FAQs about Montusi Mountain Lodge
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Montusi Mountain Lodge are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
How much does a room at Montusi Mountain Lodge cost?
The average rate for a night's stay at Montusi Mountain Lodge is R2,540.00 to R6,100.00.
Where is Montusi Mountain Lodge located?
The address of Montusi Mountain Lodge is: Bergville, Drakensberg, 3350.