Sava Dunes is a luxurious eco-friendly lodge located on a remote beach along the magnificent Inhambane coastline of tropical Mozambique in Southern Africa. This wild and rugged coastline offers surfable waves which are suitable for bodyboarding. Whale-sharks and humpback whales can be admired in season and bottlenose dolphins can also be seen. This region is known for its ocean safaris.
Sava Dunes features five suites all of which are ocean facing. These lovely and spacious rooms feature wooden decks which overlook the beach and ocean. Guests are invited to relax in the hammock of their balcony while taking in the calming sounds of the waves breaking ashore. The suites are perfectly positioned to take advantage of the scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
- 5 x Ocean View suites (10 pax)
- Private deck area with hammock, swinging chair, chairs and side table.
- Beds with mosquito nets
- Double or twin beds
- Turn down service
- Bathrooms are open-plan (no partition between room and bathroom)
- Bathroom amenities.
Facilities & Services
Sava Dunes features a lovely outdoor swimming pool which invites for a refreshing swim. The poolside furniture invites for a relaxing time by the pool from where ocean views can be enjoyed.
Facilities and services:
- Swimming pool with a swim-up bar
- Poolside furniture (sun loungers)
- Covered deck area (dining table and seating areas)
- Covered deck and poolside deck
- Outdoor seating area and breakfast deck
- Fully-stocked bar with a cocktail menu
- Small library nook inside
- WiFi hotspot in the main lodge area
- 3G cell phone reception (Vodacom)
- Basic snorkelling equipment
- Bodyboard and longboard.
Guests enjoy many different activities during their stay at Sava Dunes. Water and beach based activities include big game fishing, snorkelling, surfing, diving as well as venturing on cultural experiences and city tours. For diving, the Barra / Tofo region of Mozambique is turning into one of the most popular diving destinations due to the sheer beauty and diversity of marine life found here. There is a great abundance of manta rays and whale sharks.
- Big game fishing
- Ocean Safaris
- Cultural experiences and city tours
- Mangrove kayak.
Location & Access
The Sava Dunes retreat lies just north of the small village of Tofo about 5.5 km away and is located close to the south of Barra beach which is about 1.5 km away. Best access is provided to this beach retreat by plane. However, guests may also drive to the lodge, this requires a 4x4 vehicle. The roads are sandy and the location is remote. Skilled driving experience is required to navigate through this landscape. Guests may fly to either Vilanculos or Inhambane and from there the lodge transfers guests.
Sava Dunes Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Sava Dunes Stay 6 pay 4 special.
Included in the rate:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner; teas & coffees, drinking water, snorkeling, rock & surf fishing (rod deposit required), surfing and boogie boarding, beach walks and lodge activities (board games etc).
Excluded from the rate:
- All soft & alcoholic drinks, motorized water sports, airport transfers, any item not specified above
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 1 January 2019 - 31 December 2020
- Minimum 6 night stay
- Subject to availability
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.