The Simola Hotel in Knysna is on the Golf Estate that features 325 hectares of spectacular landscape overlooking the Knysna lagoon. The luxurious hotel offers views over the Knysna lagoon and out onto the Knysna Heads. This 5-star hotel features a golf course, a spa, a gym facility, as well as a swimming pool. There are walking and jogging trails and horse riding opportunities on the estate. This hotel is ideal for families as they provide spacious one bedroom and two bedroom units with kitchenettes, making the retreat perfect for extended stays.
Not far from the main Simola hotel are 42 two bedroom suites, which are modern and elegant, with all the conveniences of home. The suites have an open living and dining area, with a fully equipped kitchen that leads onto a patio with gas braai. All suites have DSTV with LCD screen, a DVD player with surround sound, WiFi, and Ethernet ports. The suites can be heated with underfloor heating or cooled with air conditioning.
All Simola rooms have views overlooking the Knysna Heads, forest, mountain, lagoon and golf course. Guest accommodation comprises 8 two bedroom suites, of which four are on the ground floor and the remaining four on the first floor. The hotel can host a total of 160 guests:
- 40 x Twin Rooms
- 40 x One Bedroom Suites
Hotel room types:
- Twin Rooms: 2 x Single Beds, shower, basin, toilet en-suite
- Studio Suites: 1 x King Bed, bath, shower & double vanity basins en-suite, separate toilet and bidet
Hotel room features:
- Interactive TV with wide LCD Screen
- Wireless connectivity
- Data & Internet ports
- Underfloor heating
- Heated towel rails
- Air conditioning
Highlights of the Studio Suites:
- Fully equipped kitchen with flat top hob and oven, microwave, under counter fridge/freezer and mini-bar
- Dining table for six guests
- Lounge with gas fireplace & underfloor heating
- Interactive TV with LCD Screen
- DVD player with 5.1 surround sound
- Wireless connectivity
- Data and Internet ports
- Patio with a gas BBQ
- Open plan living area
- 24-hour In-room dining service
- Hot beverages, mineral water and snacks
- Mini-bar in studio suites only
- Pantry shopping service to studio suites only
- Turn down and valet service
The course had been set up to capture the vistas over the lagoon, making it difficult to keep your eye on the ball. The course is well-known, and along with the Knysna & Pezula course. Nicklaus has managed to capture the essence of the land's natural beauty. The course is challenging. However, it is sheltered from the coastal winds that prevail in the area.
- Driving Range
- Chipping & Putting Greens
- Halfway House
Facilities and Surroundings
- Hotel Reception
- Executive Office Suite with a 17 pax Boardroom/Business Center
- Hair Salon
- Conference & Banqueting Room - 121 pax
- Simola Golf Club Bar & Lounge - 121 pax
- "Orchid Room" - 101 pax Restaurant which combines a culinary feast of specialised and themed buffets, a la carte menus and a Sushi Bar
- "Sir Roy's" intimate bar featuring a wide selection of fine cigars, whisky, cognacs and liqueurs
- Golf Operations and Pro Shop
- Spa & Gym featuring specialised body therapy, beauty treatments, sauna, sunroom, spa bath, state-of-the-art gym and indoor heated pool
- Outside Koi Pond
- Outside pool and bar with children's splash pool
- Outdoor activities, e.g. mountain bikes, nature walks, bird watching, etc.
Spa & Gym
The Simola Spa and Gym have an indoor heated pool, modern gym, and the best of all, you have a view of the Knysna Heads from the treadmill thanks to the 26-meter wall of glass.
Simola Hotel & Golf Estate Specials
There are currently no specials for the Simola Hotel & Golf Estate.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.