Drostdy Hotel Reviews & Information« Back to Graaff-Reinet
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Drostdy Hotel.
The Drostdy Hotel is in the picturesque town of Graaff-Reinet in Eastern Cape Province. The city was founded in 1786, and it is home to more than 223 historical sites and features beautiful Victorian, Cape Dutch architecture. The village is surrounded by the Camdeboo Park and set in the heart of the Karoo. Graaff-Reinet makes for an ideal getaway destination for guests seeking tranquillity, relaxation and enjoying the outdoors.
With its 48 comfortable and spacious rooms, the hotel features different room types to accommodate the various requirements of travellers. The hotel's Bachelor Rooms are suitable for business guests; their average room size is 20 square meters. The Standard Rooms accommodate two guests with the average room size being 31 square meters.
The well-appointed Executive Rooms range in size from 27 – 63 square meters. In a single precinct are the two Ferreira Executive rooms that can be combined with three Standard Rooms making for a separate area with private pool. The spacious Suites accommodate two guests with their average room size being 46 square meters.
- 8 Bachelor Rooms
- 17 Standard Rooms (including 1 Paraplegic Room)
- 15 Executive Rooms
- 8 Suites.
To ensure a most pleasant and relaxed stay, the rooms and suites offer convenient amenities and facilities which include a spacious, ensuite bathroom, air-conditioning, heating, television, a stocked mini bar as well as a writing desk and WiFi.
- Complimentary pod coffee, herbal teas and biscuits in room
- Flat and satellite screen television
- Air conditioning and heating
- Heated towel rails, Underfloor heating in the bathroom
- En-suite bathrooms with separate bath, toilet and shower
- Electronic safe
- Bathrobes and slippers, exclusive bathroom amenities
- Writing desk and leather folder
- Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners await guests at the hotel's famous De Camdeboo Restaurant. The fully equipped gym invites for energising workouts while calming beauty and health treatments can be enjoyed in the hotel's spa. Three outdoor swimming pools, which are set beautifully in the gardens of the hotel, invite for refreshing swims during the warm afternoons.
- De Camdeboo Restaurant
- Africology Spa
- Three outdoor swimming pools
- Secure onsite parking
- Conferencing facilities available at SA College for Tourism
- Imibala Art Gallery
Guests at Drostdy enjoy Complimentary Wi-Fi during their stay. Room service, as well as laundry service, are available as well as concierge services which include activity, dinner and transfer reservations. Corporate travellers may make use of the business desk.
- Valet and laundry service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Daily newspapers and summary of International journals (on request)
- 24 Hour room service
- Concierge service
- Business office and professional secretarial services.
Relaxing spa treatments can be enjoyed in the exclusive spa where guests may choose their preferred selection. Live shows and films can be watched at the old John Rupert Theatre. A memorable experience is to picnic and braai as well as to admire the views on top of the Valley of Desolation located in the Camdeboo National Park and to watch the sunset over the plains.
A day trip is recommended to Nieu Bethesda where one can visit the Helen Martin’s Owl House Museum. The biggest Cacti collection in the world can be explored at the Odesa Nursery where one can walk the fascinating succulent plant labyrinth.
- Swimming, Spa treatments
- Guided nature walk
- Picnic in Camdeboo National Park
- Visit Museums Reinet House, Old Residency Museum, Urquhart House, Military Museum
- Shows at John Rupert Theatre
- Trip to Nieu Bethesda and visit Helen Martin’s Owl House
Location and Distances
The Drostdy Hotel in Graaff-Reinet is about 250 kilometres away from Port Elizabeth. The landscape in this region of the Eastern Cape is dominated by vast plains, livestock, game farms as well as distant koppies. Fossils which have been found here proof that life existed three billion years ago already making the area world-famous for its pre-dinosaur fossils.
Distances from Graaff-Reinet to:
- Port Elizabeth Airport 256km
- Town of Aberdeen 62km
- Nieu Bethesda 52km (Nieu Bethesda has no fuel stations, banks, ATM’s or credit card facilities)
- Bloemfontein 453km
- Johannesburg 898km
- Cape Town 717km
- Addo Elephant National Park 249km.
Drostdy Hotel Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Spend three nights at the Drostdy Hotel in Graaff-Reinet and only pay for two nights!
Included in the rate:
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 1 May - 31 August 2019
- Standard Newmark terms and conditions apply
- Special subject to limited availability
- Special must be requested at the time of booking or enquiry
- Not applicable to group bookings, existing reservations or in conjunction with other special offers
- Maximim 2 free nights
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.