The hotel overlooks the Umgeni River and a short drive away from the city centre and the beach. With a convenient location, it is in proximity to the famous seaside resort of Umhlanga.
The aha Riverside hotel has a few room types for guests to choose from, with views of Durban. Guests staying here may dine in style at the Cafe Bali, which is decorated in earth-toned, European & South African ambience and crisp finishes, or relax with snacks and exotic cocktails at the leisure terrace next to the swimming pool.
The hotel features a total of 165 rooms that include spacious family rooms and sea-facing rooms. The Standard Rooms provide en-suite bathrooms with built-in showers as well as DSTV. All the rooms are equipped with semi self-catering facilities, which include microwave ovens, as well as bar fridges for the convenience of guests. The Deluxe Rooms and Suites provide separate shower and bath facilities.
Standard Room features:
- Mini-bar fridge
- Direct dial telephones
- Semi self-catering facilities in all rooms
- Complimentary Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Self-programming wake-up call facilities
- Additional telephone link and AC plug point
Facilities and Services
- Swimming pool
- Health and beauty spa
- Conference venues
- Business Center
- Internet access
- 24-hour reception service
- Babysitting facilities
- Board games for hire
- Shuttle service
- Currency exchange facilities
- Disabled facilities
- Room service
- Secure parking
Health & Beauty Spa
At the exclusive wellness centre works with the elements - earth, fire, water, metal, and wood - to provide visitors with an experience of complete enjoyment and relaxation.
- Relaxation room with sea views
- Spa cuisine (lunch with packages)
- Heated hydro pool
- Steam room
- Herbal sauna
- Dual hydrotherapy baths
- Double treatment rooms
- Ladies only treatment room with direct access from the ladies cloakroom
The conference centre at aha Riverside hotel is accessible from the lobby and offers plenty of parking for day conference delegates. The convention centre provides a variety of meeting rooms that can accommodate between 10 - 250 conference delegates.
- Pelican Suite
- Boardroom 1,2 & 3
The hotel offers a variety of dining venues, including the Hops Restaurant and Cafe Bali. The Cafe Bali offers world-class service and delicious meals, making it one of Durban's top dining spots while Hops Restaurant provides a more relaxed atmosphere. Mojo's Bar is the ideal venue for relaxation with a refreshing beverage.
The Riverside Hotel Durban Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
South African Residents may enjoy discounted rates at the Riverside Hotel, Durban.
Included in the rate:
Excluded from the rate:
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid for South African Residents only; proof of ID will be requested on check in
- Rates are per room per night
- Rates applicable to a maximum of two people per room
- Rate is Room Only
- Accommodation is subject to availability
- Full prepayment at the time of booking
- Offer subject to availability
Rate code: SARESN
Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance
- BLOCK OUT DATES: 19-21 April 2019, 6-10 May 2019, 7-9 June 2019, 5-7 July 2019, 9-11 August 2019 and 23 December 2019 to 2 January 2020 - Further Block out dates may apply
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.