The Protea Hotel Transit OR Tambo Airport offers a typically African experience for those international travellers who are in transit between flights. The hotel provides a comfortable space for guests to relax and refresh without having to pass through customs and immigration.
This is the only in-transit hotel at the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg and as such caters to the specific needs of the international traveller with fast service, the express check-in and check-out and complimentary wireless internet.
The OR Tambo hotel features a total of 87 hotel rooms which provides a relaxing atmosphere where guests may enjoy comfortable and stylishly decorated rooms. The hotel rooms feature individually controlled air conditioning, satellite television, touch dial telephones and a private bathroom.
Standard room facilities:
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Extra length beds
- Business desks
- LCD satellite televisions
- Private En-suite bathrooms
- Wireless internet
- Electronic safes.
The Protea Hotel Transit OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, does not feature dining facilities. But due to its location, it is situated in close walking distance to the airport’s duty-free area, where guests find many shops and restaurants.
- Once in the OR Tambo Airport guests should follow the signs to International Transfers without going through customs or collecting any luggage.
- The hotel is in this section of the airport.
- Passengers should not clear customs or immigration but instead follow the signs towards the International Transfers.
- The hotel is not available to domestic guests.
- A Visa is not required as the hotel is inside the International terminal.
- All guests must be flying from one international destination to another.
Protea Hotel Transit OR Tambo Airport by Marriott Specials
There are currently no specials for the Protea Hotel Transit OR Tambo Airport by Marriott.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.