Massinga Beach Lodge Reviews & Information« Back to Inhambane
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Massinga Beach Lodge.
The beautiful Massinga Beach Lodge in Mozambique is a popular beach getaway destination for; honeymooners and romantic couples but also caters for families, discerning divers and enthusiastic fishermen. The Lodge nestles far from the madding crowd, 89km up the coast from the Inhambane Airport in Mozambique, and guests can enjoy breathtaking views overlooking a stretch of endless beach. It is the perfect holiday destination for couples and families, with a stunning setting and great facilities.
The more energetic guests can hike through the sprawling palm groves, take the quad bikes on a trail, enjoy the thrill of fishing or diving nearby, get involved in the local community school project and enjoy the many photographic opportunities which abound in this tropical paradise.
Spacious en-suite rooms with an180-degree sea view, front deck, private splash pool, sun loungers; extra length king size bed, luxury linen, wraparound mosquito net curtain, bathrobe, slippers, room safe, hairdryer, torch, stocked mini-bar, tea & plunger coffee, fan & air conditioning. Bathroom with direct access to deck has a freestanding bath, rain shower, separate toilet and luxury guest amenities.
Guests may enjoy delicious cuisine. Fresh coconut cocktails and local seafood are prepared and served with a friendly Mozambican flair.
- Board games, table tennis, darts, pool table, DSTV, DVD selection
- Beach games and walks
- Body massage and relaxation therapy in the privacy of the bedroom deck
- Stargazing – telescope is provided on the Leisure Center deck
- Quad bikes off-site through 100 ha estate
- Day tours to the historic city of Inhambane
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean (unprotected but shallow and little backwash)
- Surfing (bring your own surfboard)
- Snorkelling (Duration 1 – 1 ½ hour): includes snorkelling kit, drinking water, cashew nuts and coconut
- Sea Safari (Duration 2 ½ to 3 hours): offered all year round. The boat is a super duck - easy to get on and off. Possible sightings include whales, whale sharks, dolphins and manta rays, depending on the season. After the safari, a stop-off with a snorkel with a guide is offered.
- PADI registered Scuba diving
- Power supplied daily by the generator from 06h00 to 22h00
- Standard South African power points: 3-prong round plugs
- Special occasion beach picnics and in-room dining
- Rooms fully serviced, including evening turn down
- No credit card facilities the Hotel. Mozambican Meticais, SA Rand and US Dollars are accepted.
- No cell phone signal at the Lodge, but contact is possible through the Administration office located nearby.
Massinga Beach Lodge Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Enjoy a 5 night stay at the Massinga Beach Lodge in a Ocean Front Deluxe Room between 9 January - 31 Jnauary 2018 and 1 March - 16 December 2018, and only pay for 4 nights. Rates starting from US $ 600.00 per double room per night for a Ocean Front Deluxe Room.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Afternoon tea / coffee and cake
Included in the rate:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Afternoon tea / coffee and cake
- Government Tax (IVA) 17%
- Rates include following activities:
- Snorkeling at “Fingers” Rock formation
- Rock and Surf Fishing
- Swimming in the warm Indian Ocean
- Beach games & walks, Kayak, Surf Boards, Boogie Board and Snorkeling Equipment
- Board Games, Cards, Books, Table Tennis, darts, pool table and DVD’s
- Beach bicycle riding
- Coconut cutting demonstrations
Value add: Complimentary afternoon tea/coffee - Cake Excludes speciality coffees
Excluded from the rate:
- Travel to Inhambane or Vilanculos Airport transfer, Visas and Travel Insurance, beverages, laundry and other items of a personal nature
- Rates exclude following activities:
- Motorized Leisure activities
- Activities not specified as complimentary
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid 9 January - 31 January 2018/19 and 1 March - 16 December 2018/19
- Only valid for a 5 night stay or longer
- Only valid for the Ocean Front Deluxe Rooms
- Subject to availability
- Pay Stay Special cannot be doubled ie. 1 night free only for any length of stay.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.