The city of Cape Town and its magnificent hotels is a favourite for travellers to South Africa, and it has some of the world's best hotels. Visitors can enjoy dinner at a working harbour, stay on the slopes of one of the most famous mountains in the world or dance the night away in the city centre. Regardless of your travel preferences, you can find a hotel to suit your needs.
As the oldest city in South Africa, the town centre boasts classical buildings many of which can still be seen in the town today. The Mount Nelson, which is in the city centre, is one of the oldest and most iconic hotels in the city. The hotel incorporates an original house built in 1806. This infamous hotel was painted in pink to mark the end of the First World War.
In the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, there are over 15 hotels, each catering to a different type of traveller. Stay in self-catering accommodation at one of the Victoria and Alfred Apartments, enjoy the ultimate in luxury at the Cape Grace, stay in understated luxury at the Portswood or enjoy the fabulous views and ideal location of the Table Bay. The bustling Victoria and Alfred Waterfront is also close to many of city's top attractions such as Table Mountain, Robben Island and the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.
If you prefer to stay on one of the gorgeous beaches, then opt instead for the well-loved 12 Apostles Hotel & Spa. The Bay Hotel is a great beachfront hotel or the more affordable alternative at the President Hotel. Alternatively, stay at the Tintswalo where you literally cannot get any closer to the ocean as you enjoy secluded luxury in a nature reserve or indulge in the best views of Table Mountain in town from the Lagoon Beach. With the magnificent ocean surrounding the famous Cape Peninsula, local and international travellers often seek to stay in hotels which are on the beach and the sea. The Cape is home to several hotels which enjoy a prime location either on a beach or directly on the sea from where scenic views are fantastic. The five-star Radisson Blu Waterfront, as well as the four-star Ambassador in Bantry Bay, is located right on the ocean without a street or other buildings separating the hotel from the sea.
Cape Town including the Cape Winelands is home to exciting sightseeing places for families. The many beaches which surround city including Camps Bay beach, the Clifton beaches, Llandudno Beach and Hout Bay Beach invite children of all ages to build sand castles, have a swim and splash in the waves or even try some body boarding and surfing. Family Hotels in the city offer comfortable and spacious accommodation whereby children can share the family rooms with their parents. Some also provide interleading suites and two bedroom suites which are ideal options for guests travelling with children who are above the age of twelve.
The city and its surrounding areas offer accommodation which is not located right on the beach with unbroken sea views. For travellers who wish to be in proximity to a beach and to be able to see the ocean from the comfort of the room, these sea views are ideal. Due to its elevated location on the slopes of Signal Hill, the exclusive Ellerman House offers magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean, Robben Island and the coastline.
Sea view hotels:
- The Westin Cape Town, Foreshore
- One&Only Resort, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Cape Grace, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Ellerman House, Bantry Bay
- Bantry Bay Luxury Suites, Bantry Bay
- The Peninsula, Sea Point
- President, Sea Point
- Winchester Mansions, Sea Point
- La Splendida, Sea Point
- Premier Cape Manor, Sea Point
- Camps Bay Retreat Deck House, Camps Bay
- Sea Five Boutique, Camps Bay
- Garden Court De Waal, Gardens.
The Convention Centre is in the city centre, and it hosts many local and international conferences, exhibitions and entertainment events throughout the year. The Westin, the Southern Sun Waterfront as well as the Southern Sun The Cullinan are around the centre. The modern, CTICC provides business travellers with an indoor connection from the hotel to the convention centre making it the most desirable location for large gatherings.
Hotels at the CTICC:
- The Westin Hotel
- Southern Sun Cullinan
- Southern Sun Waterfront.
Hotels within walking distance to the CTICC:
- City Lodge V and A Waterfront
- Circa on the Square
- Harbour Bridge
- Park Inn Foreshore
- Protea North Wharf.
There are exceptional spa facilities at several luxurious establishments in this famous tourist city of South Africa where guests enjoy relaxing health and beauty spa treatments in a serene and private setting.
- One&Only Resort at the V&A Waterfront, the wellness centre at the five-star One&Only Resort at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront lies on its very own lushly landscaped island offering an ideal oasis of serenity. This large spa offers a broad range of holistic wellness experiences, ranging from pure relaxation to unique wellness journeys.
- Radisson Blu Waterfront, ONE Wellness Spa is at the oceanfront, five stars Radisson Blu Waterfront. The emphasises at this spa is relaxation and rejuvenation of the mind and body. With an extensive list of spa treatments, guests enjoy access to all the wellness facilities including the oxygenating vitality pool, sleep room, fitness centre, changing rooms and lockers.
- The exclusive Spa at the Twelve Apostles in Camps Bay has embraced the healing energies of air, earth and water to rejuvenate guests during their stay. Relaxing spa packages which make use of Elemis International Spa Range are available in the nine treatment rooms. Spa visitors have the unique opportunity to experience the city's only Rasul chamber, a sauna and hydrotherapy bath, for a memorable spa experience. Two unique outdoor Gazebos are available for outdoor spa treatments, allowing guests the chance to enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding area on the slopes of the mountain range.
There are selected hotels which offer a romantic honeymoon package for its guests. These lovely honeymoon packages provide travellers with the ideal option to include specific items during their stay such as rose petal and candle turndown service in the evenings, health and beauty spa treatments, delicious gourmet dinners as well as pamper picnic baskets. The accommodations which offer honeymoon packages is the oceanfront Twelve Apostles and Spa as well as the Cellars Hohenort, which lies in the beautiful Constantia Valley.
Luxury Apartments in Waterfront
Exclusive apartments offer travellers, be it a group of friends, a family with children or business guests, space as well as privacy. More flexibility in regards to meal times when staying at one of these apartments in Cape Town compared to staying in a hotel. The apartments are on a short and long-term basis; various apartment types are available which include one, two, three and four bedroom apartments. Selected apartments offer guests convenient amenities which make for a comfortable and relaxing stay. They have a lounge and dining room, a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, 24-hour security, access to swimming pools and gyms, DVD player, tumble dryer, washing machine, heated towel rails and an electronic safe.
Cape Town Attractions
The many local and international travellers can expect a wide variety of different attractions during their stay. Ranging from the South African Museum and the Planetarium, thrilling hikes up Table Mountain and Lionshead, as well as an impressive ferry trip to the historic Robben Island, offers something for everyone.
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Clock Tower at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Two Oceans Aquarium at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Maritime Museum at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Planetarium, city centre
- Robben Island
- Table Mountain, Lionshead and Signal Hill
- Company Gardens, city centre
- Ratanga Junction Entertainment & Theme Park, Century City
- World of Birds, Hout Bay
- Boulders Beach Penguins
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point & Cape Point Nature Reserve.
- Bertram House
- Bo-Kaap Museum
- Groot Constantia Manor House
- Koopmans-de Wet House
- Maritime Centre
- Michaelis Collection at the Old Town House
- Rust en Vreugd
- SAS Somerset
- Slave Lodge
- Social History Centre
- South African Museum
- South African National Gallery
- William Fehr Collection at the Castle of Good Hope.
Cape Town Beaches:
- Camps Bay beach
- Clifton Beach
- Llandudno beach
- Milnerton beach
- Hout Bay beach
- Muizenberg beach