City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel
- Star Rating:
- Hotel Type:
- City, Business, Conference, Leisure
- Address: Cnr Dock & Alfred Road
The City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa, is situated centrally in the city, making it easily accessible from the Cape Town International Airport and major thoroughfares. This popular leisure and business hotel in Cape Town, Western Cape, offers a comfortable base from which to explore this popular city and guests are accommodated in spacious and stylish rooms and cared for by a friendly and hospitable staff.
A highlight of Cape Town is the bustling Victoria & Alfred Waterfront which lies in walking distance from the hotel. It is here where many exclusive shops, restaurants, bar, boutiques and entertainment option wait to be explored. Here you can sip cocktails while watching the comings and goings of this busy harbour, watch the latest movie or be entertained by the various buskers that perform in the precinct. Adjacent to the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town, you will also find the Two Oceans Aquarium which provides travellers with a fascinating insight into the world beneath the waves.
Accommodation at Cape Town's City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel is provided in 207 well appointed rooms, many of which overlook the bustling harbour. Rooms with sleeper sofa are available for families travelling with children wishing to share a family room. In addition, wheelchair accessible rooms can be booked for the physically challenged guest.
Hotel room features:
- air conditioning
- double or twin beds
- television with M-Net and selected DStv channels
- en-suite bathroom (bath and separate shower)
- tea and coffee making facilities
- electronic safe (space of laptop)
- work desk with lighting and plugs for easy connectivity.
The outdoor swimming pool of this Cape Town City Lodge Hotel offers views over the canal which flows right passed the hotel. The restaurant serves a daily sumptuous breakfast with both warm and cold dishes. A formal boardroom is available for business travellers wishing to conduct a meeting during their stay at the City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel, Cape Town.
- coffee shop
- outdoor swimming pool
- family rooms
- disabled facilities
- safety deposit boxes.
For guests wishing to dine in the privacy of their room, in room dining is available during certain times of the day. Concierge services are available for activities, tours, trips as well as restaurant bookings and car hire. Ample of on site, complimentary parking is offered to in house guests during their stay at this City Lodge Hotel in Cape Town.
- 24-hour reception
- vending machines with snacks and beverages
- fax/photocopying available
- laundry service
- dry-cleaning service
- on site, free parking
- airport transfers
- concierge services
- room service.
Meetings / Conferences
Conferences at the City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel, Cape Town, are catered for in a small meeting room which can accommodate 12 delegates and is equipped with a data-projector, screen and conference calling facilities.
Without doubt Cape Town's most popular attraction is the magnificent Table Mountain which we recommend travellers to visit on clear and sunny days in order to enjoy the panoramic views to the fullest. Visitors can make use of the cable car to the top or choose one of the scenic hiking trails which lead up to its plateau.
Both the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) can be reached within a short walk direct from the City Lodge V&A Waterfront Hotel making it an ideal accommodation option for leisure and corporate guests.
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
- Cape Town city centre
- Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)
- Company Gardens
- Castle of Good Hope
- beaches: Clifton, Camps Bay, Llandudno, Hout Bay
- Two Oceans Aquarium
- Robben Island
- Table Mountain
- Lions Head & Signal Hill
- Rhodes Memorial
- Grand West Casino & Entertainment Centre
- Canal Walk Shopping Centre
- Ratanga Junction Theme Park.
The city of Cape Town offers visitors many different activities to choose from ranging from relaxing health and beauty spa treatments to adrenalin rush adventures such as paragliding and sky diving. Shopping enthusiasts will find a wide choice of different shopping malls in close driving distance such as the V&A Waterfront itself, Canal Walk Shopping Centre and Cavenish Shopping Centre.
The beaches which surround Cape Town, including Camps Bay, Clifton and Llandudno, provide a variety of different water sports such as surfing, kite boarding, swimming and body boarding. The helicopter trips around Table Mountain and the entire Cape Peninsula offer visitors a magnificent way to explore this scenic region of South Africa from above, making for lasting memories. Harbour tours as well as sunset cruises on various boat types are available throughout the day at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront.
- spa treatments
- hiking and mountain biking
- surfing and body boarding
- kite boarding
- skydiving and paragliding
- gambling in the Grand West Casino
- bus tours (Hop on Hop of bus)
- guided sightseeing tours
- helicopter trips
- boat, habour and sunset cruises
- whale watching
- shark cage diving
- game viewing.
The City Lodge V&A Waterfront Hotel in Cape Town features a total of 207 hotel rooms.
Hotel room facilities and amenities:
- Spacious air-conditioned room with double bed or twin beds
- Television with M-Net and selected DStv channels
- Bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Rooms with sleeper-sofa available at selected hotels on request
- Electronic safe large enough to accommodate a laptop
- Desk with lighting and plugs for easy connectivity
- One in fifty rooms is designed to meet the special needs of the physically disabled
Single Room: R1260.00
Double Room: R1470.00
Activities / Sports and Leisure
Conferences and Events
The City Lodge V&A Waterfront in Cape Town provides its business guests access to the boardroom facilities.Send an Enquiry
City Lodge Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Hotel Specials & Packages
Cape Town International Airport
Cape Town, Western Province, South Africa
1. Head north on New Eisleben Rd toward Miller St 1.1 km
2. Turn right at Borcherds Quarry Rd 33 m
3. Take the ramp onto Settlers Way 12.8 km
4. Take the exit onto De Waal Dr 1.1 km
5. Continue onto Eastern Blvd 3.9 km
6. Take the exit onto Eastern Blvd 1.2 km
7. Turn right at Coen Steytler (Walter Sisulu Blvd) Ave 77 m
8. Continue onto Dock Rd 74 m
9. Turn left at Alfred St 51 m
City Lodge V&A Waterfront
V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Staff was very helpful and hotel has good location between the V&A Waterfront and the city centre. We enjoyed making use of the small heated pool and gym at the hotel.
The hotel rooms are a bit outdated and could use a refreshment. But all was available what we needed for our stay.
Rebekka Rust (USA)
Breakfast is very good at the City Lodge Waterfront. Rooms are clean and service is good.
The position is fantastic, but not for the view, but because you can easily and safely walk to the Waterfront. The hotel itself is a standard hotel, good but a bit bland.
To choose a room at the back of the hotel is better as it is a lot less noisy.
Christine Botha (Johannesburg)
Good hotel with central location near Cape Town city centre and Waterfront. We enjoyed the nice breakfast. No dinners are available. Not too far away from the Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC). Good hotel for leisure and business.
Note: this hotel is NOT located at the actual V&A Waterfront, but one can walk to it within about 15 - 20 minutes.
John Brown (Australia)
1. Location: GOOD ( because when you check the hotel on the internet it looks like it is right at the Waterfront, but not quite)
2. Friendliness: EXCELLENT
3. Value for money: EXCELLENT
4. Cleanliness: EXCELLENT
5. Overall impression is VERY GOOD (the hotel was quite and orderly, which offered me peace of mind - I would call in anytime)
Joe and my brother