Located at the foot of famous Table Mountain, within proximity to the Cape Town Stadium and in the heart of the city's working harbour, the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront offers visitors an abundance of memorable experiences. Unbeatable shopping and exciting entertainment venues seamlessly merge with harbour, ocean and mountain views. The fresh sea breeze off the beaches and the warm African sun create a vibrant, cosmopolitan atmosphere which is unique to the V&A Waterfront.
Five Star Hotels at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
The bustling V&A Waterfront in Cape Town is home to several luxurious five-star hotels which offer guests comfortable accommodation, exclusive amenities and first class service.
Five-star hotels at the V&A Waterfront:
- One & Only Cape Town Resort & Spa
- Table Bay Hotel (Sun International)
- Cape Grace Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront
- Queen Victoria Hotel (Newmark Hotels)
- Dock House (Newmark Hotels).
Luxury Apartments at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
Spacious and well-furnished rooms can be at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa, which are ideal for families travelling with children, small groups of friends and business travellers who require extended stay accommodation. This exclusive one, two, three and four bedroom apartments which are fully furnished and provide fully equipped kitchens at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town offer guests high-quality features such as kitchen appliances, TVs, music systems and others.
Luxury Apartments at the V&A Waterfront:
- V&A Waterfront 1 Bedroom Apartments
- V&A Waterfront 2 Bedroom Apartments
- V&A Waterfront 3 Bedroom Apartments
- Lawhill Luxury Apartments.
'Legacy Hotels' at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
The South African 'Legacy Hotels & Resorts' group features two of its four-star properties at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, namely the Commodore Hotel and the Portswood Hotel. Although unique in their styles and decors, both of these Cape Town Hotels offer convenient facilities and services for the discerning guest such as swimming pools, restaurants, lounges and bars.
Legacy Hotels at the V&A Waterfront:
- Commodore Hotel
- Portswood Hotel.
'Newmark Hotels' at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town
With a history of 40 years, 'Newmark Hotels' was first established in 1972 when it was called the Ambassador Group. Since then, this South African hotel group has distinguished itself as an industry leader in building a tradition of excellence with a portfolio of boutique hotels for discerning guests. Besides its famous hotels at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, the 'Newmark Hotels' group also include La Splendida Hotel and the newly added Coral Lodge 15.41 in Mozambique.
'Newmark Hotels' at the V&A Waterfront:
- Victoria and Alfred Hotel Waterfront (4 stars)
- Dock House Boutique Hotel & Spa (5 stars)
- Queen Victoria Hotel (5 stars).
Resort Hotel at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, South Africa
The iconic One&Only Cape Town Resort Hotel & Spa enjoys a waterfront location next to the famous Two Oceans Aquarium at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town. This five-star resort, with its fine dining restaurants, its extraordinary wine cellar, its spacious and luxurious accommodation creates the atmosphere of being on a tropical island in the Indian Ocean.
The suites, spa, and the large outdoor resort swimming pool on small islands which make for a unique setting. Being able to enjoy the facilities of a resort combined with leisure and business facilities in such a central location of Cape Town makes for an ideal accommodation option.
Attractions at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa
The famous V&A Waterfront in Cape Town has a lot of different activities and entertainment options to offer its visitors. There is something for everyone, also for all ages.
Activities at the V&A Waterfront:
- Adrenalin speed boat
- Adventurer: the world famous "Adventurer", which holds the record for the fastest circumnavigation since 1998, is offering cruises in Table Bay
- Ameera - aka Fujita: luxury catamaran sailing
- Atlantic Adventures: inflatable high-speed boat experience
- AWOL Bicycle Rentals and City Cycling Tours
- Cape Charters: exclusive boat charter operator
- Cape Town Diamond Museum
- Cape Town’s best kept secret. A journey of discovery. Highly recommended when visiting Cape Town
- Cape Town Helicopters
- Chavonnes Battery Museum
- City Sightseeing Cape Town (Red Open Top Bus)
- Condor: motor cruiser offering scenic cruises along the coast
- Craft Market & Wellness Centre
- Day Tours and Scuba Diving
- Donald Greig Bronze Art Foundry & Gallery
- Esperance Sailing Charters
- Iziko Maritime Museum
- Jolly Roger Pirate Boat
- Kids Ahoy Kids Playground
- Nelson Mandela Gateway to Robben Island
- Ocean Adventurer offers a boat-based marine eco-tour
- Ocean Sailing Academy
- Princess Emma: luxury motor cruise boat
- Redshed Craft Workshop
- Robben Island Ferries
- Scratch Patch: semi-precious stones
- Shimansky Diamond Tour
- Spirit of Victoria: traditionally designed 58ft Gaff Rigged Schooner
- Sport Aviation / Sport Helicopters
- The Huey Helicopter Company
- The Nautilus: luxury, 35-metre motor yacht
- Tigger 2 Charters
- Tigress: largest sailing catamaran at the V & A Waterfront
- Tommy the Tugboat
- Two Oceans Aquarium
- Wild Thing Fishing Charters.
Two Oceans Aquarium at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
The Two Oceans Aquarium, which is located right on the harbour at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa, showcases the incredible and colourful diversity of marine life found in the two oceans which meet in South Africa, the Indian and the Atlantic. The Two Oceans Aquarium is one of the top tourist attractions in Cape Town and is home to over 3000 living sea animals, such as sharks, turtles, fishes and penguins in this spectacular underwater wonderland.
Hotels at the Two Oceans Aquarium, Cape Town:
- Victoria and Alfred Hotel (4 stars)
- Cape Grace Hotel (5 stars)
- One & Only Cape Town Resort (5 stars)
- Commodore Hotel (4 stars)
- Portswood Hotel (4 stars).
Dining at the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, South Africa
More than 80 restaurants are available at the V&A Waterfront, which offers a unique fusion of local and international cuisine, ranging from rustic al fresco fish and chips to tablecloth fine dining. Travellers are invited to explore the tastes of the world in one place: Italian, Asian, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish and South Africa's local cuisine.