Accreditations of the South African Tourism Company
Staying up to date with the latest news in the travel and tourism sector within South Africa, Africa and worldwide, our company is a member of several globally recognized travel organizations. Being able to offer our clients first hand recommendations and tips as well as 'value for money' holiday experiences is our main objective.
Our memberships include:
- Africa Travel Association (ATA)
- Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
- Advancing Tourism to Africa (Atta)
- South African Tour Operators Association (SATOA)
- The Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA)
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- The Association of Eastern and Southern Africa (ATA)
Africa Travel Association (ATA)
- Our membership number: 12-3-985-3B
- Contact person: Mr. Lehlohonolo Moagi (ATA Board member resident in South Africa)
- Contact details: email@example.com; Tel: +1.212.447.1357
- Address: ATA International Headquarters, 152 Madison Avenue, Suite 1702, New York, NY 10016 USA
It is the vision of the 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) toring the world to Africa and Africa to the world. The 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) was established as an international travel industry trade association in 1975 for the promotion of travel, tourism and transport to and within Africa. Furthermore, it aimed to strengthen partnerships within the African countries.
The 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) partners with the African Union Commission (AUC) to showcase the sustainable development of tourism to and across Africa. The 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) holds annual events in Africa and the United States which bring together industry and government leaders to shape Africa's tourism agenda.
As the world’s premier travel industry trade association which promotes tourism to Africa, the 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) provides services to a wide range of different members such as African governments and tourism ministers, tourism bureaus and boards, airline companies, hoteliers, travel agents, cruise lines, hotels, resorts, leading tour operators, travel trade media, public relation companies, consulting firms, non-profit organizations as well as other organizations which are engaged in the tourism promotion to Africa.
While the 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) is a global association, it is registered as a 501(c)6 non-profit trade association in the U.S., with its headquarters being situated in New York. The 'Africa Travel Association' (ATA) is overseen by an International Board of Directors, daily operations are run by an Executive Director and a management team.
Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
- Our membership number: JATA Overseas Allied Membership 42954
- Contact person: Jungo Kikuma
- Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel 81-3-3592-1271
- Address: Zen-Nittu Kasumigaseki Bldg. 3-3 Kasumigaseki 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0013, Japan
The 'Japan Association of Travel Agents' (JATA) is an association sanctioned by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism based on the Travel Agency Law. This travel organization in Japan seeks to improve the quality of services provided for travellers to and from Japan.
The 'Japan Association of Travel Agents' (JATA) contributes to the development of the travel and tourism industry through various involvements such as disseminating information, encouraging cooperation among members, and promoting the development of businesses and legislation which benefits the membership and the industry at large.
Members of Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) as of July 20, 2012:
- Active Members: 1,126 travel agents
- Associate Members: 506 travel agencies not Active Members
- Allied Members: 93 companies and organizations closely related to the travel industry
- Overseas Allied Members: 560 non-resident travel agencies, transportation companies, hotels, destinations, travel and tourism suppliers
Member Organizations of 'Japan Association of Travel Agents' (JATA)
JATA participates in these organizations:
- World Tourism Organization (WTO)
- Pacific-Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- Domestic Cooperation
Advancing Tourism to Africa (Atta)
- Our membership number: 203523
- Contact person: Annabella Marquis (Membership Manager)
- Contact details: email@example.com; Tel +44 20 7937 4408
- Address: 56 Gloucester Road, London, SW7 4UB, United Kingdom
- African Travel and Tourism Association trading as Atta - Advancing Tourism to Africa
- Registered in England No 4087771. VAT No 672 676205
The UK based travel organization 'Advancing Tourism to Africa' (Atta) is the largest association serving and supporting business leaders in Africa. The travel organization "Advancing Tourism to Africa' has over 25 years of history in the active promotion of tourism to African countries to worldwide travellers.
With over 450 members, 'Advancing Tourism to Africa' (Atta)represents Africa’s largest network of tourism product which includes not only accommodation and travel specialists in Africa, but also a formidable selection of tour operators, representation, PR and marketing companies promoting tourism to Africa.
'Advancing Tourism to Africa' (Atta) has forged Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with similar organisations around the globe forming an unprecedented network of travel specialists.
South African Tour Operators Association SATOA
- Membership contact: Sue Gallagher (SATOA does not provide membership numbers)
- Contact details: Tel +44 207 801 9872 (International) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact address: Unit C7 Commodore House, Juniper Drive, London SW18 1TW, United Kingdom
The 'South African Tour Operators Association' SATOA is a leading professional non-profit travel and tourism association which was established in 1982. Managed by a committee in the UK on behalf of its members, the 'South African Tour Operators Association' SATOA promotes travel to Africa and the Indian Ocean while providing its members with a platform from which to promote their products, network and create new business opportunities. This tourism organization also encourages the exchange of ideas and improves marketing and tourism to the region.
Everyone at the 'South African Tour Operators Association' SATOA and its members all have one thing in common - a passion for Africa and the Indian Ocean. While still remaining small and intimate, the 'South African Tour Operators Association' SATOA represents a wide range of expertise. Members of this travel association in Africa include hotels, game reserves, lodges, tour operators, ground handlers, car hire companies, tourism boards, airlines and representation companies among others.
The Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA)
- Contact person: Kathryn Monaco (Executive Director APTA)
- Contact details: Tel (631) 661-6871 / APTA Email: email@example.com
- Address: Primary Sales Consulting Inc., Babylon NY 11702, USA
The 'Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa' (APTA) was established in Los Angeles, USA, as a non-political, educational, organization whose primary focus is the promotion of travel and tourism to Africa through the travel industry as well as the public without political prejudices.
Since 1980, the Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA) has provided the travel community with outstanding educational programs, quarterly APTA News, annual Discover Africa trade shows, educational study trips, all organized in partnership with loyal and reliable African suppliers.
As a growing organization, APTA Chapters have become increasingly involved in local and global African projects which include contributions and support of goods, funds and services to orphanages, schools, anti-poaching operations and community development projects. These activities increase the partnership with the African continent and islands.
The founding members of the Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA) include Larry Schneider (Lufthansa), Chuck Drescher (Travel Agent), Alana Hayden (Born Free Safaris) and Louw Wolhuter (South African Tourist Board).
The Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA) grows in many areas and is now recognized internationally as a respected and honourable association with a devotion to their Mission Statement and as an interactive resource for colleagues and clients who share the feeling for Africa.
American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- Our membership number: 900127359
- Contact person: James Taylor (JTaylor@asta.org)
- Contact details: Tel: 703.739.2782 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1101 King Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, U.S.A
The 'American Society of Travel Agents' (ASTA) represents the world's largest association of travel professionals. The members of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) include travel agents and the companies whose products they sell such as tours, cruises, hotels, car rentals, etc. The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) is the leading advocate for travel agents, the travel industry and the traveling public.
Providing many benefits to its members and the travelling public, the majority of ASTA's members are travel agencies. Additionally, travel suppliers, such as airlines, hotels, car rental firms, cruise lines, and tour operators join ASTA as well due to its outstanding reputation of It is the mission of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) to facilitate the business of selling travel through effective representation, shared knowledge and the enhancement of professionalism.
The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) is involved in various activities such as industry affairs, education, consumer affairs and consumer awareness.
Industry Affairs: The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) fights to ensure a level playing field and fair competition throughout our industry which, of course, benefits industry professionals as well as consumers.
Education: The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) provides its members with the finest education and information resources available, so that they are able to provide the utmost in professional service to their clients.
Consumer Affairs: The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) constantly monitors the travel industry to identify "scam" operators and others whose practices cheat consumers and negatively impact our industry. Only ASTA members subscribe to a 13-point code of ethics which stands for "Integrity in Travel." This is the pledge ASTA members stake their reputations on. The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) provides travellers with a complete range of informational resources.
Consumer Awareness: The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) strives to make the traveling public aware of the many benefits of using a travel professional to arrange and purchase travel. ASTA's advertising slogan, "Without an ASTA travel agent, you're on your own" can be seen in consumer ads in national magazines, national television and in local markets.
The Association of Eastern & Southern Africa (ASA)
- Contact person: Petra Gotta
- Contact details: Petra@asa-africa.coml; Tel +49 (6074) 919536
- Address: Am Wiesengrund 7, 63322 Rödermark, Germany
ASA is the Association of Eastern & Southern Africa and as such represents 16 different travel destinations in both Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. This fabulous destinations include Ethiopia, Botswana, Kenya, Madagascar, Lesotho, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Reunion, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The association represents over 160 members which include lodges, hotels and tour operators in these countries. These operators are known for the specialist safari experience and can assist with knowledgeable assistant for travel throughout Africa.