Cape Town Zip Lines Overview
Experience the excitement of one of Africa's longest and highest Zipline tours. Cape Town's thrilling Zip lines are located on Constantia Nek, between Hout Bay and Constantia. It is easily accessible from all major roads including the popular Hop-on, Hop-off City Sightseeing Cape Town Bus. The meeting point for this exciting Cape Town adventure is the Silvermist Mountain Lodge, in the Silvermist Estate, which offers exclusive facilities such as a restaurant, conference venues and accommodation.
The tour duration is between 1:30 to 2:00 hours. Upon arrival the guides welcome participants and provide visitors with a brief introduction. A comprehensive safety briefing and demonstration puts participants at ease before driving into the mountain with the vehicles. The 11 platforms and 7 long cables tower high in the mountain overlooking the scenic Constantia valley. From this point, participants start their journey down a large canyon on one of the shorter cables (270 meters) in between the Cape Floral kingdom.
Besides from the tour of cables visitors are sliding on, they also walk within the mountain range and take in the magnificent scenery by exploring small paths along the fynbos kingdom. The Cape Town Zip Line Tour itself consists of 7 cables totalling one of Africa`s longest Zipline Tours with about 2.3 kilometres in total. The highest cable from the ground in this canyon is 155 meters from the canyon floor.
The platforms provide some of the most scenic vantage points in the Cape Peninsula. This unforgettable experience includes the 4 x 4 trip from the base camp at Silvermist Eatery.
- 4 x 4 trip from base camp at Silvermist Eatery.
- No children under 6 years will be allowed to participate.
- No PREGNANT ladies.
- No heart conditions or physical disability.
- No person over the 120kg weight limit.
- small bottled water - easy to carry.
- An average fitness is required.
- You should not have a fear of Heights - if the tour starts and you are not able to start the tour, you will unfortunately have to walk a distance to get back to the base.
- You should not have any heart conditions or physical disability.
What to wear:
- No slip-on shoes as you might loss them during the activity - closed comfortable shoes.
- Comfortable clothing.
- No skirts or dresses
- No Loose Items that might fall from the cables into the forest as we will never be able to retrieve the item in the thick forest.
- No Skill is required to participate - you will have to follow guides instructions and they will assist you to ensure you have a memorable experience.
- We do some times experience windy conditions on the mountain but once again the guides will assist.
- Silvermist Mountain Lodge, Silvermist Estate, Constantia.
Directions to Silvermist Estate, Constantia:
Follow Rhodes Drive passing Kirstenbosch towards Hout Bay till you reach the Constantia Nek traffic round about. Travel down towards Hout Bay for only 400 meters – on your left you have reached a white wall with a black gate – Silvermist Estate and home of Cape Towns most extreme zipline adventure.