Sandton is a prestigious suburb of Joburg in South Africa's Gauteng province. Travellers who wish to stay in an exclusive area with lot's of entertainment including restaurants and bars as combined with a central location in proximity to the business district and the Sandton Convention Centre will find their most suitable hotel.
Known as 'Africa’s richest mile', Sandton is the business, commercial and entertainment hub of South Africa. More than 10,000 businesses run their business from here, including South Africa's top corporate head offices, investment banks as well as the Stock Exchange. Sandton is home to around 300 000 residents and surrounded by some of the country's most affluent residential suburbs. With its many activities and attractions on offer, the Central Business District is a favourite place to be.
Transportation: Gautrain to Sandton Gautrain is Africa's first modern, world-class, rapid rail and bus service for Gauteng, which is the economic heartland of South Africa. Travellers can conveniently access this fast train at the OR Tambo International Airport and reach their hotel within only a few minutes drive.
Accommodation in Sandton features a wide variety of different accommodation options ranging from small luxury boutique hotels to the most exquisite penthouses and suites.
The Nelson Mandela Square with its inviting piazza and many restaurants and cafes is surrounded by deluxe hotels including the Michelangelo Hotel, the Michelangelo Towers, the DaVinci Hotel & Suites as well as the Raphael Penthouse & Suites. Sandton's newest Hotel: The Maslow (Sun International) The four-star Maslow Hotel, which is on the corner of Rivonia and Grayston Drive, is operated by Sun International and opened its doors in January 2013. This business hotel is in the busy business district within proximity to Gautrain, the Stock Exchange and many of the major investment banks as well as financial institutions.
International Hotel Groups in Sandton such as Hilton, Hyatt Regency, InterContinental, Park Inn, Radisson Blu as well as Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express are in Sandton.
The famous and trendy Nelson Mandela Square is a shopping centre in Sandton. Formerly known as Sandton Square, this piazza was renamed as Nelson Mandela Square, and a statue of Nelson Mandela placed on the square to honour the former South African president. As one of the largest open public spaces in South Africa, the Nelson Mandela Square adjoins the famous and exclusive Sandton City complex. This exquisite European style piazza reflects the heritage and showcases international style with the warmth of traditional African hospitality.
The Nelson Mandela Square attracts a cosmopolitan society with its quaint sidewalk cafes, fine dining restaurants and over 88 exclusive stores. The 1,010sqm Nelson Mandela Square also serves as a stage for various local and international events. Nelson Mandela Square Hotels: Michelangelo Hotel Michelangelo Towers DaVinci Hotel & Suites Raphael Penthouse & Suites InterContinental Towers Sandton Sun Hotel
City Lodge Hotels in Sandton is home to several City Lodge hotels in:
- City Lodge Katherine Street
- City Lodge Morningside Sandton
- Courtyard Hotel Sandton
- Town Lodge Sandton Grayston Drive
It is here where business and leisure travellers find comfortable accommodation in Sandton at a reasonable cost.
Tsogo Sun Hotels in Sandton, The South African hotel group Tsogo Sun, which used to be called Southern Sun, features seven hotels in Sandton with the five star InterContinental Sandton Towers being the most exclusive and luxurious of them all.
Tsogo Sun Hotels:
- Sandton Sun InterContinental Sandton Towers
- Southern Sun Katherine Street Sandton
- Southern Sun Hyde Park Sandton
- Garden Court Sandton City
- Garden Court Sandton
- Garden Court Morningside.
Spas in Sandton, Relaxing and rejuvenating health and spa treatments are not only an excellent way to find balance and tranquillity for the corporate business person, but also for local and international.
Spas in Sandton:
- Amani Spa (Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton)
- Renaissance Spa (Michelangelo Towers)
- Spa at the Sandton Sun Hotel
- Spa De La Veille (Marion On Nicol)
- Xtreme Glam Salon & Spa.
Distances to Hotels in Sandton from the Sandton Convention Centre, Hotels adjoining the Sandton Convention Centre:
- Sandton Sun (Sandton Cnr Fifth & Maude Streets, Sandton)
- Intercontinental Sandton Towers (Cnr Fifth & Maude Streets, Sandton)
- Michelangelo Hotel (Nelson Mandela Square, Sandown)
- Michelangelo Towers (8 Maude Street, Sandown Sandton)
- Garden Court Sandton City (3 Cnr West & Maude Streets, Sandton).
Sandton Hotels in walking distance to the Sandton Convention Centre:
- Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel (Cnr Rivonia Road & West Street, Sandton)
- Raphael Penthouse Suites (South Tower, Nelson Mandela Square, 5th Street, Sandown, Sandton)
- Hilton Sandton (138 Rivonia Road, Sandton)
- Le Châtelat Boutique Guest House (60 Cleveland Road Sandhurst)
- Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton (Cnr Daisy Street & Rivonia Road Sandton)
- The Regent Apartment Hotel (21 West Road South, Sandton)
- Villa Executive Apartments (Cnr Linden and Rivonia Roads, Sandton)
- Tsogo Sun Hotels (115 Katherine Street, Sandown)
- Elizabeth Manor Guest House (141 First Street, Cnr Elizabeth Ave, Sandhurst)
- Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton (20 Maude Street, Sandton)
- Sandton Park Plaza (84 Katherine Street, Sandton)
- Westpoint Executive Suites (Cnr Grayston & West Rd South, Sandton)
- Holiday Inn Sandton (123 Rivonia Road, Sandton)
- The Courtyard Hotel Sandton (130 Rivonia Road, Sandton)
- Garden Court Sandton Katherine Street (Cnr Rivonia & Katherine Street, Sandton)
- Garden Court Morningside (1 Cullinan Close, Rivonia Road, Sandton)
- Town Lodge Sandton-Grayston (Cnr Grayston & Webber Road, Sandton).
Other Sandton Hotels in proximity to the Sandton Convention Centre:
- 3 km Park Inn by Radisson - Sandton (118 Katherine Street, Sandton)
- 3 km City Lodge Sandton - Katherine Street (Cnr Katherine Street & Grayston Drive, Sandton)
- 3 km City Lodge Sandton - Morningside (Cnr Hill & Rivonia Roads, Morningside)
- 3,5 km The Fairlawns Boutique Hotel and Spa (1 Alma Road, Morningside Manor, Sandton)
- 5 km Park Hyatt (191 Oxford Road, Rosebank)
- 5 km The Courtyard Rosebank (Cnr Oxford & Tyrwhitt Avenue, Rosebank)
- 6 km City Lodge - Bryanston (Cnr Main Road & Peter Place, Bryanston West)
- 6 km Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! (Melrose Arch 3 Whitely Street, Melrose Arch)
- 7 km Melrose Arch Hotel (Melrose Square, Melrose Arch 2196) 10 km Palazzo Hotel (William Nicol Drive, Cnr Montecasino Blvd, Fourways)
- 10 km The Westcliff (67 Jan Smuts Avenue, Rosebank)
- 10 km Sun Square Montecasino (William Nicol Drive, Cnr Montecasino Blvd, Fourways) 10 km Indaba Hotel (William Nicole Dr, Fourways)
- 10 km Town Lodge Midrand (Montrose Road, off Bekker Rd, Waterfall Park, Vorna Valley).
Sandton attractions and nearby: The affluent suburb of Sandton offers visitors many attractions including markets, museums, shopping centre as well as cultural and historical sites. Sandton Attractions:
- Sandton City Shopping Centre
- Nelson Mandela Square
- Sandton Convention Centre
- Wanderers Cricket Stadium
- Wanderers Golf Club
- Montecasino Casino & Entertainment Centre (Fourways)
- MonteCasino Bird Gardens (Fourways)
- Liliesleaf Farm
- Rosebank African Craft Market Roof-Top Market @ Rosebank Mall
- Botanical Garden
- SAB World of Beer
Recommended restaurants in Sandton: Dining for either breakfast, lunch or dinner in Sandton, is an elegant affair with its many top restaurants featuring many different local and international tastes and flavours.
- Vilamoura Heritage Square Piccolo Mondo
- Michelangelo Hotel Maximillian,
- DaVinci Hotel & Suites Montego Bay Restaurant
- Wall Street Restaurant
- The Bull Run Restaurant
- Parc Ferme
- The Butcher Shop & Grill.