Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton.
The Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton is across the road from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. This Johannesburg City hotel is less than 510 meters away from the famous and bustling Nelson Mandela Square in Sandton. The Hotel is in an excellent location that had its origins in 1949 and finished in its current state in 1989. The hotel is a 36 minutes road transfer away from the Oliver Tambo International Airport and within only 9 minutes to the Gautrain station.
Due to its central location, the hotel provides an ideal stopover for business travellers and leisure guests alike. Both buildings of the hotel feature swimming pools in their lush landscaped garden. Guests are invited to relax, unwind and momentarily experience the timelessness and calm of a bygone era. For the visitor who seeks a warm and comfortable old world elegance, the hotel is the perfect Johannesburg accommodation choice. For a shopping spree, the hotel is near to famous Sandton City Shopping Mall.
The Hotel in Sandton features a total of 330 rooms over two parts of the hotel, namely the Balalaika and the Crown Court. All the hotel rooms are air - conditioned, and the decor and furnishings are classical offering a comfortable style with their en suite bathrooms. The Crown Court suites provide the additional luxury of a private spa bath.
Dine in style at The Colony Restaurant of Johannesburg's hotel which serves European and Continental cuisine with a full anti-pasta buffet and an extensive a la carte menu. After dinner, drinks can be taken in the Lords Cigar Bar, which as its name suggests, has an extensive international cigar menu.
The other alternative would be the Bull Run Restaurant which offers:
- Some of the best steaks in Johannesburg
- They have their own in - house butchery
- An excellent selection of seafood and salads
- Lunch and dinner à la carte menus
- Extensive wine list
- Vintage whiskies, brandies, cognacs, port
- Exciting cocktails
- Daily list of house specials
- A shuttle to your office or hotel is available.
The meeting rooms portray a delightful reflection of the English country theme. The personalised service of the hotel is a quality not easily matched and extends a welcoming hand to busy travellers.
- Television with DSTV/Satellite
- 2 restaurants
- 2 bars
- Two outdoor swimming pools
- Undercover parking
- Conference facilities (up to 200 delegates)
- Disabled facilities and wheelchair user accessible rooms.
Below detailed information about the Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- En-suite / private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- In room safe
- International electrical adapters
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Modem Access
- Satellite TV
- Writing desk
The Colony Restaurant
Dine in style at The Colony Restaurant of Johannesburg's hotel which serves European and Continental cuisine with a full anti-pasta buffet and an extensive a la carte menu. After dinner, drinks can be taken in the Lords Cigar Bar, which as its name suggests, has an extensive international cigar menu
The Bull Run Restaurant
This Restaurant is most famous for its delicious steaks and vibrant atmosphere. Guests can enjoy both lunch and dinner to which these are served in an a la carte style and offer both local and International dishes. Afterwards, guests can then take the time to relax and indulge in some of the finest whiskeys, brandies, and port that the City has to offer.
Guests have access to the in-house fitness center which is located on the ground floor. The gym is at no additional charge and it is open daily between 04h00 and 21h00 however children under 16 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
Both buildings of the Hotel feature swimming pools.
Functions catered for:
- Christmas Parties
- Egyptian Theme
- African Theme
- Medieval Theme
- Moroccan Theme
- Disco Inferno
Team Building Activities include:
- On Fridays, Drumming sessions can be arranged
- Horse Riding - 15km
- Waterskiing at Hartebeespoort Dam
- Action Cricket - Eastgate
- Two Swimming Pools at the hotel
- 2 Golf Course within 42 minutes of the hotel
- Tennis at Morningside Country Club
- Quad Biking - Midrand
- PaintBall - 12km
- Shooting Range - 23km
- Bill Harrop's Ballooning - 47km (Magaliesburg)
Conference equipment hire:
- 3 Flipchart’s
- Extra Flip chart
- Average Screen (1.8m –1.8m)
- Big screen (1.8m –2.8m)
- Very Large Screen (2.4m –3.8m)
- TV & VCR
- Pa System (including one microphone)
- Lapel Microphone
- Roving Microphone
- Data Projector (laptop link)
- Tape or CD player
- Technician on Site
- DVD player
- Coffee Shop
- Conference venue
- Nearby Casino
- Swimming Pool
- Undercover and surface parking
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- City and Country Tours booking office
- Internet access in rooms
- 24 - hour reception service
- 24 - hour room service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Luggage storage
- Voice mail
- Wake-up call
The Hotel has 162 double and 104 twin bedded Standard Rooms that offer the utmost comfort as well as luxurious amenities. All rooms offer air conditioning, a TV and free WiFi access.
Room amenities include:
- Air conditioning
- En-suite bathroom
- Electronic safes
- Mini-bars available upon request
- Tea/coffee station
- Writing desk with multiple plugs and modem points
- Choice of king-size, twin-apart or twin-together beds
- TV with a selected DSTV channels
- International adapters available on request
Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton Specials
There are currently no specials for the Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
OR Tambo International Airport
Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
1. Head south 240 m
2. Slight right 350 m
3. Take the ramp to Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 220 m
4. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 and merge onto Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24
5. Take the exit onto R24 1.7 km
6. Take the exit toward Eastern Bypass/N3 500 m
7. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Eastern Bypass/N3 and merge onto Eastern Bypass/N3 10.4 km
8. Take exit 124-Sandton to merge onto Marlboro Dr/ M60 2.9 km
9. Turn right at South Rd/M74 3.6 km
10. Slight left at Rivonia Rd/M9 1.3 km
11. Turn right at Maude St Destination will be on the left 500 m
Protea Hotel Balalaika Sandton
20 Maud Street, Sandown, Sandton, South Africa
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.