Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel.
Below detailed information about the Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
The Twist Restaurant offers diners flavors of Asia, Europe and African fused to create unique and creative dishes from breakfast to dinners and wine pairing menus. Twist offers breakfasts, light lunch meals and dinner options as well as private function menus for business meetings and conferences. This dining venue can cater for any need and any desire from a quick breakfast on the go, light sit down lunches to a romantic dinner for two, offering anything from a traditional meal to a unique specialty.
Activities, Sports & Leisure
The Mapungubwe Hotel in Johannesburg, Gauteng, offers a fully equipped gym for all those who need to tone up and stay in their fitness routine.
Johannesburg's Mapungubwe Hotel offers guests a place to refresh and take a dip in their outdoor swimming pool after a long flight, business meeting or work-out in the hotel gym.
Conferences & Events
This part of the Mapungubwe Hotel in Johannesburg, Gauteng, was once part of the old French Bank in the area and in keeping with the sophistication and history of the room, the Vault 1 offers the following features:
- 3 x Flat screen TV’s for optimum screen and viewing of presentations
- private reception room for delegates to meet and register prior to commencing with meetings or conferences or to step out and have a smoke break.
The Vault 1 Room offers the same warm African earthy tones from the reception area and can accommodate not only business conferences, but can host weddings, cocktail functions, birthday parties and year end functions.
The Vault 2 Conference and Function room at Johannesburg's Mapungubwe Hotel can accommodate more people than the Vault 1 room and reflects the same modern yet African décor and wall color. The Vault 2 venue provides a private reception room where delegates can step out and enjoy the refreshments which can be arranged according to specific needs and package options. This conference venue offers versatility where it can be transformed from a banqueting option to a venue for a milestone birthday venue or even for a wedding reception.
The Round Room conference venue at the Mapungubwe Hotel is located close to the hotel’s in house restaurant Twist. The main wall features a gold covering and the venue's name is derived from the curves and pillars which are located throughout the reception and foyer areas. Being in such close proximity to the restaurant, this venue makes the perfect balance for conference and cuisine options. A unique offering which the Round Room has in comparison to the Vault rooms is that it is fitted with sound proof door panels to ensure that the venue can accommodate secluded and concealed meetings in the utmost confidentiality.
Ashanti and Boardrooms
The Hotel offers smaller venues for business meetings and presentations. Seating options range from U-shape to cinema style depending on client's requirements.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 11:00
- City and Country Tours booking office
- 24 - hour reception service
- 24 Hour room service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
- Concierge services
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Dry cleaning service
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Health & Fitness Centre
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Pre-arrival shopping
- Room service
- Secure parking
- Wake-up call
1 Bedroom Executive
- # Rooms:
These rooms are self catering and en-suite which feature a private bedroom and an open-plan kitchen.
1 Bedroom Standard types
- Street facing
- Atrium facing
- Secure rooms
- Light sleeper rooms
- # Rooms:
Executive Rooms features
- Balcony: these rooms face the city and feature a balcony which leads from the main bedroom
- Street facing: these rooms offer views of the city and the business centers
- Atrium facing: these rooms look into the hotel's inner atrium and sparkling pool.
- Secure rooms: situated on a separate floor with 24 hour security, these rooms are only available for single women travelers or mothers traveling alone with children
- Light sleeper rooms: these rooms have been ideally designed for travelers who are easily woken by sounds and noises. They have windows to block disturbances.
Directions from O.R.Tambo International Airport to the Mapungubwe Hotel in Marshalltown, Johannesburg:
1. Make your way to the R24 highway towards Johannesburg
2. Proceed taking the off ramp towards Durban
3. Take the off ramp marked M2 West for M2 City
4. Take the exit marked Rissik Street
5. Continue to proceed and take your next left turn on to Anderson Street after the second set of traffic lights
6.The hotel parking is on Anderson Street, however Hotel entrance is on Ferreira Street.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.
- Fedhasa (Federated Hospitality Association of Southern Africa)
- SAACI (South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry)