Villa Ukuthula is nestled in the stunningly beautiful and perfectly remote Mozambique owned Machangulo Private Nature Reserve. This East-African style boutique hotel offers magnificent views of the Indian Ocean. Guests are invited to unwind in nature, with the sound of the sea in luxurious comfort.
Choose to stay with space for up to ten guests in the Villa. Or for a more intimate accommodation with space for two choose to feel like royalty for two people in The King Suite or choose the beautiful spacious Twin Room or Ocean Room.
- 5 Bedrooms
- Living room with sea view lounge
- Dining room
- TV room
- Snooker room
- 2 Private libraries and study
- Coffee bar
- Private pool and garden with dining area
- Sea view decks extending most of the way around the house.
Watch the turtles nesting on the beach, go snorkelling to Inhaca Island, take the mangrove kayaking trip provided and view the beautiful surroundings. Sit on your deck and watch the fishing boat pass, build the biggest sand castle and be spoilt by the beach picnic at Ponta Abril laid out especially for you and then just sit and chill with drinks by the pool, relax, relax, relax!
- Inhaca Island Marine Reserve picnic and snorkel adventure
- Mangrove kayaking trip
- Ponta Abril beach picnic
Other activities nearby:
- Fishing charters (bill fishing or game fishing)
- Maputo Special Reserve day trip
- Inhaca town and biology centre day trip
- Seasonal whale watching charter
- Seasonal sea turtle nesting/hatching walks
- Dinner at local restaurant Bemugi’s.
For self-driving, guests can use their own 4x4 vehicle to drive through the Maputo Special Reserve. Usually, guests fly to Maputo from where a boat transfer is booked. Guests are met at the airport, transferred to the marina where they board the boat. The boat transfer is a private charter speedboat, and the trip takes about 1.5 hours across Maputo Bay. Guests also have the choice to fly in on a fixed-wing/helicopter charter to arrive at a private air-strip in Machangulo.
Below detailed information about the Villa Ukuthula is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
The King Suite is the largest suite in the Villa sleeping two on a King size bed, with a 180-degree view of the Indian Ocean and the ever-changing dunes surrounding the property.
The Ocean Suite sleeps two guests on a King size bed, with stunning views of the Indian Ocean and the moving dunes surrounding the property.
Beautiful spacious twin rooms sleeping, two guests. Stunning views!
The twin beds can be converted into King size beds.
Villa Ukuthula Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
Villa Ukuthula is nestled in the stunningly beautiful and perfectly remote Mozambique owned Machangulo Private Nature Reserve. An East-African Style house with magnificent views of the Indian Ocean. Unwind in nature, with the sound of the sea in luxurious comfort.
Exclusive ZAR Rates for guests from SADC countries
King Suite : ZAR 2,300.00 pp/n sharing
Ocean Room(s) : ZAR 2,150.00 pp/n sharing
Twin Room(s) : ZAR 2,000.00 pp/n sharing
Included in the rate:
- Fully catered and serviced accommodation including:
- - 3 x meals per day
- - basic drinks (2M beer, basic soft drinks, bottled water)
- - bed sheets and towels (serviced by friendly staff)
- - laundry service
- We also include the following activities:
- - Inhaca Island Marine Reserve picnic and snorkel adventure
- - Mangrove kayaking trip
- - Ponta Abril beach picnic
Excluded from the rate:
- - Hard liquor and special beverages i.e. whiskey, brandy etc.
- - Transfer costs including, taxis (from airport to marina), boat transfers and flights.
- - Maputo Special Reserve Park fees
Terms and Conditions:
- Exclusive to guests from SADC countries
- Subject to availability
- Minimum number of guests per booking may be required
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
To arrive at Villa Ukuthula you may choose to either go by road using a 4x4 or by boat across the bay. The boat transfer is a private charter speedboat, and the trip takes about 1.5 hours across Maputo Bay. Please contact us for further details.
Guests can also arrive via fixed-wing or helicopter charter, to arrive at a private air-strip in Machangulo.
Transfer prices are available on request and all arrangements need to be made well in advance.
Driving is about a 5-hour drive (189 km) from Maputo International airport, going via the toll road.
Driving from Maputo International Airport
1. Head east for 0.2 km
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit for 0.9 km
3. Turn right onto R. Carlos Morgado for 2.5 km
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Av. De Moçambique for 1.5 km
5. Turn right onto the ramp
Please note: Partial toll road for 28.3 km
6. Turn left for 63.1 km
7. Turn right for 27.6 km
8. Sharp left for 8.1 km
9. Slight left for 10.1 km
10. Keep left for 39.6 km
11. Keep right for 4.4 km
12. Sharp right for 2.9 km
13. Turn right and arrive at Villa Ukuthula Lodge in 0.4 km
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.