Southern Sun Cape Sun
- Star Rating:
- Hotel Type:
- City, Business, Conference, Leisure
- Address: Strand Street
Cape Town 8001
The Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel by Tsogo Sun in Cape Town, South Africa, is a large city hotel featuring 368 hotel rooms and conferencing facilities that can accommodate over 500 guests. The Southern Sun Cape Sun has 32 floors and was completed in 1982. This Cape Town city hotel has undergone many refurbishments and as it stands, it makes for an excellent conferencing venue due to its size. The conference facilities of the hotel are extensive and have only one drawback, and that is that they have no natural light.
The elevators' glass walls are covered with 3700 square meters of glass weighing 68 600 kg. At the time of its opening, this hotel in Cape Town was a modern marvel of glass and concrete. The hotel is located on a full city block with the entrance facing to Strand Street in the Cape Town city centre. On one side, the hotel borders Burg Street and on the other side St Georges Mall Street. This Tsogo Sun Hotel is a block away from the Cape Town Train Station and 2 blocks from the bustling Green Market Square.
At 105 meters above sea level, this city hotel offers impressive views of Cape Town's Natural Wonder of the World: Table Mountain and Robben Island in the blue Atlantic Ocean. For guests' convenience, the hotel offers a hotel shuttle to and from the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. The Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC) is a mere 15 minutes walk from this centrally located hotel in Cape Town. The Cape Sun hotel is located only a short distance away from Cape Town's nightlife on Long Street.
This hotel in Cape Town, Western Cape, features 368 comfortably furnished hotel rooms. The rooms provide Table Mountain views or offer vistas of the Cape Town harbour and the spectacular Table Bay.
Hotel room features:
- air conditioning
- colour TV with movie and selected satellite channels
- direct dial telephone with voicemail
- safe for valuables
- coffee and tea making facilities
- iron and ironing board (on request)
- en-suite bathroom
- separate wardrobe
- work desk with lamp
- Wi Fi hot spot connectivity.
The hotel in the city centre of Cape town, Western Cape, offers corporate guests convenient business services such as secretarial services, fax service, PC / printer service, high speed internet access throughout the hotel and wireless Internet access. A fully equipped business centre as well as an internet station, which can be found in the hotel lobby, is also available to guests.
Services and facilities
Air conditioning is available in all areas of hotel while guests are welcome to make use of the hotel's concierge services, laundry and valet services, wake-up calls, spa treatments and babysitting.
A sauna, business centre, and executive rooms as well as parking facilities with valet parking are also on offer at the hotel. For sports and leisure, the hotel features an indoor plunge pool, a sauna, a steam room and gym exercise equipment.
The hotel rooms at the Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel in Cape Town offer splendid views over the city. Spectacular sunsets over Table Bay is the perfect ending to any day in Cape Town. The design and decor combine rich woods with stylistically modern finishes.
The Southern Sun Cape Sun features a total of 368 rooms. The hotel rooms are spacious and comfortable with private en-suite bathrooms and other amenities to ensure a comfortable, relaxing stay. Furthermore, smoking and wheelchair accessible rooms are available on request.
Room Types at the Southern Sun Cape Sun:
- 6 Executive 1 King Bed Non Smoking
- 8 Executive 1 King Bed Smoking
- 2 Penthouse Suite
- 2 Presidential Suite Smoking
- 77 Standard 1 King Bed Non Smoking
- 32 Standard 1 King Bed Smoking
- 145 Standard Twin Beds Standard Non Smoking
- 79 Standard Twin Beds Smoking
- 6 Suite 1 King Bed Non Smoking
- 10 Suite 1 King Bed Smoking
- 1 Wheelchair Accessible Room
Single Room: R1520.00
Double Room: R1640.00
Guests may choose between smoking and non smoking Executive Rooms which are well appointed featuring, amongst others, tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers, safes and Internet access.
Single Room: R2390.00
Double Room: R2390.00
The Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel features six non smoking suites with king beds and ten smoking rooms with a king bed. The suites provide comfort and space making for a relaxing stay, be it for business or leisure. Tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryers, safes and internet access are available.
Single Room: R3610.00
Double Room: R3610.00
Riempies Restaurant at the Southern Sun Cape Sun is a contemporary, yet traditional experience that captures the area’s Cape Dutch heritage. Guests are invited to participate in the live cooking concept to ensure that their favourite cut of meat or seafood is grilled to their exact preference. A breakfast buffet is served daily, with delicious lunch and dinner menus available as well.
New York style Le Bar & Lounge
The New York-style Le Bar and Lounge is situated in the hotel lobby of the Southern Sun Cape Sun and is reminiscent of old grandeur. It is ideal for meetings or simply to relax while the cocktail barmen serve a variety of drinks and cocktails.
Address: Strand Street, Cape Town 8001, Western Cape, South Africa
Activities / Sports and Leisure
Located in the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town, guests can retreat to the indoor swimming pool for relaxation and rejuvenation.
The gym at the Southern Sun Cape Sun hotel offers guests state-of-the-art Techno gym treadmills.
- Bowling Greens
- Entertainment Centre
- Games Room with pool table & arcade games
- Golf Course
- Indoor Pool – heated
- Internet Cafe
- Kayaking (Between 3 Anchor Bay and Hout Bay)
- Mountain Bike Rental
- Outdoor Pool - not heated
- Pitch & Putt
- Sand Boarding
- Shark Cage Diving
- Squash Court
- Tennis Courts
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Clock Tower
- Two Oceans Aquarium, V&A Waterfront
- Beaches: Clifton, Camps Bay
- Lions Head & Signal Hill
- Table Mountain and cable car
- Robben Island / ferry
- Cape Town Castle
- Museums in Cape Town
- Company Gardens: botanical garden of Cape Town
- Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC)
Conferences and Events
Conference packages at the Southern Sun Cape Sun in Cape Town include day conferences as well as accommodation packages. Themed functions and special menus can also be tailored for functions from 12 and up to 650 guests.
Day Conference Package include:
- Tea/Coffee served with Fresh Fruit Juice and Pastries on Arrival
- Tea/Coffee served with Upmarket Filled Croissants and Rolls – Served Midmorning
- Buffet Lunch
- Tea/Coffee served with Biscuits
- Venue Hire for main conference venue (Applicable Monday to Saturday) Notepads, Pens, Water & Sweets
- Standard Equipment – 1 x Data Projector, 1 x PA System, 1 x Screen and 1 x Flipchart
- Parking for Day Delegates
Conference venues at the Southern Sun Cape Sun:
- Stellenbosch & Constantia can be combined
- VOC Centre
- VOC North
- VOC South
The following conferencing equipment is available as standard:
- Flip Chart
- Conference notepads and pencils
- White Board
- Small Stage
- Registration Table
- Included in Day Conference Package
- PA System
- Data Projector
Business services at the Southern Sun Cape Sun:
- Business Centre
- Courier Service
- Facsimile services
- Full Business Centre with internet connectivity
- Internet Cafe - Self Service
- Limited Secretarial Service
- Mail & postal services
- PC / printer services
- Secretarial Services
- Translation & Translation Equipment
- Conference Accreditation & Registration
- Wireless Internet Access
Directions from the Cape Town International Airport to the Southern Sun Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa:
1. Head south 280 m
2. Keep left at the fork 300 m
3. Slight left toward Airport Approach Rd 150 m
4. Turn right toward Airport Approach Rd 400 m
5. Take the 1st left onto Airport Approach Rd 1.6 km
6. Merge onto N2 Rd via the ramp to Cape town 15.0 km
7. Take the Strand Street exit 400 m
8. Merge onto Strand St Destination will be on the left 850 m
Southern Sun Cape Sun
Strand Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
We just spent two weeks at Cape sun wonderful staff can't do enough for you, even offered to bring hair clippers for husband and my granddaughter izzy who is three and a half was treated like the princess she is . She loved syriabong and the biltong lol thank you to everyone for making our time in s.a fab xxx
Comfortable accommodation while providing an ideal central location, beautiful views of Table Mountain, superb Le Lounge Café.
I had a great stay at this hotel as the hotel is situated within walking distance of the Cape Town train station and popular restaurants and bars in bustling Long Street, which was a buzz, I enjoyed myself very much!!!
Stan Hutley - San Diego / USA