BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal.
The BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal is under an hour's drive from Johannesburg making it a great escape from the city. Situated on a bend in the iconic Vaal River with its bank lined with willows and rolling green lawns the setting is out of this world. It was this very environment that in 1920 that inspired American film producer Mr Schlesinger.
Located 5 km from Vereeniging and 13 km from Vanderbijlpark on a stretch of the Vaal River surrounded by manicured greens make this 4-star hotel an ideal location. A well equipped conferencing facilities, as well as various outdoor activities, make for a perfect company retreat.
Guests staying here are surrounded by authentic décor in 90 stylishly, furnished rooms all overlooking the picturesque Vaal river. This accommodation venue offers both the business and leisure traveller an extraordinary and unforgettable experience.
Wining and Dining
The Resort features the Matthews Restaurant and a terrace café. The iconic Petit Verdot Boat Restaurant is available for meeting groups. Guest have a unique and diverse dining experience catering for the discerning palate. A lounge area, pub and halfway house are also available for guests to enjoy snacks and beverages.
The Hotel has five fully equipped conference venues which are perfect for all corporate and business meetings which are guaranteed to provide each person with an outstanding experience ranging from the interaction with the staff to experiencing the stunning surroundings.
- Heath and beauty spa
- Quad biking
- Array of water sports
- Riviera on Vaal Golf Course
The golf course is on the banks of the Vaal River and forms part of the 4-star Riviera on Vaal Resort. The course has a parkland layout on an undulating landscape. The clubhouse offers tranquil and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The course is an 18-hole par 72 with a course rating of 72 for men and 71 for women. A floodlit 9-hole Par 3 Pitch and Putt course lies next to the 18th hole. The course itself boasts bent grass greens with Kikuyu fairways and tees. There are many holes on the course that feature water.
We wish you an enjoyable stay at the BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal.
Below detailed information about the BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- In-room safe
- Internet Access
- Local and International Newspapers
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Writing desk
Matthews Restaurant offers an la carte dining experience and is child friendly with a kiddies corner and outdoor jungle gym available for children. As one of the Vaal River restaurants, Matthews affords traditional cooking with a modern twist. Full English and Continental breakfast buffet is served here as well as delicious Sunday lunch buffets.
Petit Verdot Floating Restaurant
The enchanting Petit Verdot Floating Restaurant offers guests an exclusive dining experience. Perfect for social gatherings such as business dining, cocktails, birthdays, dinners and special occasions.
Matthews Terrace Cafe
If guests are looking for a more relaxed dining atmosphere then the al fresco Matthews Terrace Café is ideal. Matthews Terrace Café is the only one restaurant that is situated outdoors on the Hotels terrace. This is the perfect place to bask in the views offered by the river or maybe even walk to the Riviera Marina just to be a step closer. Matthews Terrace Café offers a light a la carte menu ranging from sandwiches, to burgers and afternoon tea.
The Spa allows guests the opportunity to release stress and recharge. Some of the treatments that are on offer are:
- Massage treatments
The Spa is a certified distributor of specialised treatments and products - Nimue, Mamma Mio, Zindel, VelaShape and New Life. The ravine treatments which use the grape extract from vineyards for products are available.
- Massage treatments
The Vaal River Golf Course offers 18 challenging holes and is situated on the banks of the Vaal River. The Country Club's golf course has a rating of 72 for men and 71 for women.
Just a 40 minute drive away from Johannesburg, the Course is an ideal location for a weekend getaway and for passionate golfers.
The Country Club has a paved area to make the greens more accessible to golf carts. State-of-the-art irrigation systems had been installed. Current upgrading includes new bridges, upgraded water features, and new kikuyu fairways within a year. New golf carts and retrained caddies are also available.
Pitch and Putt
The 9 holes on the Pitch and Putt section overlook the beautiful Vaal River and include manicured lawns and greens to ensure a special experience.
The Pro Shop is one of 2 outlets (the other is situated at Maccauvlei Country Club) equipped with the latest golf gear and brands. Visitors may shop the latest golfing gear at the Pro Shop exclusive brands at competitive prizes. Exclusive golfing brands and product ranges include Adams, Adidas, Ashworth, Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra, Cutter and Buck, Ecco, Footjoy, Mizuno, Nike, Odyssey, Pinnacle, Pringle, Puma, Srixon, TaylorMade, Titleist, Top Flite, Wilson and Yes.
View great sporting events live on the four big screen televisions in the bar area. A state-of-the-art sound system is available for functions and prize-givings. Enjoy a game of darts with friends.
- Golf slacks
- Tailored shorts with a belt (allowed in the clubhouse until 18h00 only)
- White or light beige short socks
- Golf shoes with soft spikes
Attire that is not accepted includes:
- Sweat pants
- Tennis shorts or other athletic shorts
- Slip slops (beach sandals)
- Bare feet
The golf etiquette practiced includes:
- The repair of all divots and pitch marks (sand bags compulsory)
- Raking all bunkers correctly and replacing rakes in bunkers
- Speeding up play to make everyone's game more enjoyable
- Keeping strictly to two persons per golf cart
- Keeping golf carts off all tee boxes, greens and surrounds
- Nine hole Pitch & Putt course
- Tennis courts
- Squash courts
- Outdoor chess board under the Oak Tree
- Swimming pool available to in-house guests
Nearby attractions and activities
- City Centre
- Sailing Dingies
- Shopping centre and cinema complex
- Vaal Mall
- Game Reserve and drives
- Historical Township Tours
The Cardio Room at Riviera on Vaal Hotel & Country Club is equipped with a treadmill, cross trainer, exercise bicycle, mats, gym balls and free weights.
Murphy Kids and Teenage Entertainment Centre
The Hotel is one of the few luxury hotels which offers child friendly hotel entertainment and goes out of its way to keep the children comfortable. Parents delight in some much needed rest and relaxation because their children are kept busy and happy.
Special touches in hotel rooms
The Hotel offers kiddies gowns and a chocolate milk turn down in family rooms, just to make children's stay that much more enjoyable. There is also a cot available for parents with small babies.
Children are safe and well looked after by the child minders in the entertainment center. They enjoy amusing child friendly hotel leisure activities such as DVDs, t-shirt painting, face painting, tug of war and bag races.
- Movies / DVDs
- Play station
- Table tennis
- Spa treatments
- Pitch and Putt course
The Hotel has an outdoor swimming pool equipped with deck chairs and can be found in the terrace garden.
The Standard "Staunton" chess set design is featured which is familiar to all chess players.
The tennis courts are floodlit so guests can either enjoy a game throughout the day or night.
The large selection of different corporate conference breakaway venues and amenities assures that guests will find the right match for their meeting, ranging from a large conference to up close and personal boardroom meetings. The Hotel caters for both leisure and business travelers for a special experience. The Vaal corporate conference breakaway center has shaped its charm around guest feedback and advice to ensure quality service for conferences and business meetings.
Conference Center can cater for different events, such as:
- Corporate functions
- Team building activities
- Breakfast meetings
- Buffet luncheons
- Cocktail parties
- Wedding receptions
- Formal dinner dances
- Product launches
Standard conference equipment
- Fixed screen in Banhoek North, Mokolo West and Zorgvliet
- Mobile screens in all the other venues
- Carpeting throughout ensures a rich and luxurious atmosphere in each venue Air-conditioning
- Various break-out options
The Hotel features 97 luxuriously furnished rooms overlooking the Vaal River. The Hotel features an in-house business center with WiFi hotspots in all rooms and public areas.
Conference dining venues
Choose from different dining selections ranging from rustic dining at Matthews Restaurant, outdoor dining at Matthews Terrace Café or a cruise aboard the Petit Verdot Floating Restaurant.
- Day Care Hotel conference facilities available on request
- Ample, secure and covered parking
- Complimentary use of the sauna, steam room and cardio room
- Spousal programs available
- Team building facilities and activities are available
- Boardroom Facilities
- Business Centre
- Conference venue
- Golf course
- Golf Pro Shop
- Kid's Club
- Outdoor patio
- Steam room
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis court
- Wellness centre
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- 24 - hour room service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Doctor on call
- Health & Fitness Centre
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Kid's entertainment
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Massage treatments
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
- Wellness & Beauty treatments
- # Rooms:
Standard Twin Rooms x 28
- Provide view of the scenic river
- Two single beds (max of two guests per room)
- Daily delivery of a newspaper of your choice
- In room dining
- # Rooms:
Luxury Family Suites x 20
- One bedroom and a separate lounge area with a sleeper couch
- Sleeps max 2 adults and 2 children sharing under the age of 12
- Baby cots are available on request
- In room dining
BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal Specials
There are currently no specials for the BON Hotel Riviera on Vaal.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
OR Tambo International Airport
Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
1. Head south 550 m
2. Take the 2nd right 350 m
3. Take the ramp to Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 220 m
4. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 and merge onto Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 8.3 km
5. Take the exit onto R24 1.7 km
6. Take the exit toward Eastern Bypass/N3 500 m
7. Keep left at the fork to continue toward Eastern Bypass/N3 and merge onto Eastern Bypass/N3 8.1 km
8. Continue onto Southern Bypass/N12 (signs for N1/Bloemfontein/R59/Vereeniging/Kimberley) 4.1 km
9. Take exit 402 to merge onto Sybrand van Niekerk Fwy/R59 toward Vereeniging 48.9 km
10. Take exit 8-Vereeniging to merge onto Johannesburg Rd/R82 toward Voortrekker St Continue to follow R82 2.7 km
11. Turn left at Rhodes Ave 210 m
12. Continue onto General Hertzog Rd 450 m
13. Turn right at Mario Milani 650 m
Riviera on Vaal Hotel Hotel & Country Club
42 Mario Milani Drive, Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa
The Riviera on Vaal Hotel & Country Club provides ample, secure and covered parking.
- SAACI (South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry)