Translated the word eMakhosini means place of the kings. The interior and decor of the eMakhosini Boutique Hotel in Durban carry the multiple influences of its history with the French Consulates once calling this beautiful property home. Traditional Zulu touches have also been added to express the culture of KwaZulu-Natal. Guests enjoy a sense of royalty which can be seen in the unique accommodation facilities. This hotel provides its guests with exclusive accommodation and tranquil conference facilities and is a popular accommodation choice for both corporate guests and leisure travellers who are looking for accommodation in the quiet suburb of Morningside in Durban.
The rooms have been designed to provide guests with comfortable accommodation and an added touch of elegance. Guests are staying enjoy all the standard room amenities such as tea and coffee making facilities, television and air-conditioning. The rooms offer either sea, pool or garden views.
The Ralphy's Restaurant is the main dining attraction at the eMakhosini Boutique Hotel providing an extensive a la carte menu. Halaal friendly meals can also be requested, and a delicious carvery can be enjoyed on Sundays. In addition to the a la carte Ralphy's Restaurant, there is also an exceptional dining experience in The Cellar. Seating a maximum of 12 guests, and offering simple menu options, this dining venue serves as an ideal location for a memorable dining experience.
Services and Facilities
- 24 reception
- Laundry service
- Airport shuttles
- Babysitting booking available
- Travel assistance.
- Cocktail bar
- Swimming pool
- Conference facilities
Below detailed information about the Emakhosini Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Tea and coffee making facilities
This Boutique Hotel offers its guests the Ralphys Restaurant. This restaurant with its intimate setting can accommodate up to 85 guests and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant serves A la Carte menu options with Halaal friendly meals also being available. On a Sunday guests can enjoy an delicious carvery lunch. The restaurant operates from 11:00 to 23:00 daily.
The Hotel features a beautiful outdoor swimming pool to which only hotel guests have access to.
- Various Shopping centers
- Beaches & City Parks (Mitchell Park)
- Absa Park Rugby Stadium
- Durban & Umhlanga Beaches
- Gateway Theater of Shopping
- Kings Park Olympic Swimming Complex
- Kings Park Soccer Stadium
- Mangrove Swamps
- The Valley of 1000 hills
- Umgeni Bird Park
- uShaka Marine World
- Virgin Active Health Club
- Windsor Golf Course
At the eMakhosini Boutique Hotel guests will find 3 conferencing venues. The venues can be set up to meet any function requirement. The professional staff at the hotel can also assist in tailor making accommodation and conference packages to meet your conferencing needs. All of the conferencing venues at this Boutique Hotel offer wireless hot spots.
- Cocktail Bar
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Wake-up call
- # Rooms:
The standard rooms have all being designed to offer guests comfort and elegance. The rooms have been filled with amenities to ensure that the guest's basic needs are met.
- Telephones with
- Selected satellite channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Emakhosini Hotel Specials
There are currently no specials for the Emakhosini Hotel.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
King Shaka International Airport
La Mercy, Umdloti Ln, Druban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
1. Head southwest toward Mdloti St 700 m
2. Turn left onto Mdloti St 2.3 km
3. Keep right at the fork and merge onto N2 Rd 17.8 km
4. Take exit 177 for R102/Kwamashu Highway toward M25/Durban/Inanda 450 m
5. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for R 102/North Coast Road and merge onto Curnick Ndlovu Hwy/R 102 Continue to follow R 102 8.4 km
6. Turn right onto Smiso Nkwanyana Rd 1.1 km
7. Continue onto Mentone Rd 130 m
8. Turn right onto Sir Arthur Rd 200 m
9. Turn right to stay on Sir Arthur Rd 260 m
10. Turn right to stay on Sir Arthur Rd 170 m
11. Take the 2nd left onto Lumsden Cres Destination will be on the left 71 m
3 Lumsden Cr, Morningside, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.