Blue Mountain Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Blue Mountain Lodge.
The Blue Mountain Luxury Lodge, located in Hazyview, offers the perfect combination of elegance and classic luxury. Set upon the farming lands of the area with avocado, litchi, macadamia and coffee bean trees, this valley is lush and springs forth vitality. The Lodge is famed for their fine art and hospitality, and it is the ultimate in serving the needs of anything that comes their way. Whether it's the five-star, award-winning gourmet cuisine or the beautiful stone chapel for their wedding venue, the Blue Mountain Lodge can cater to anyone’s needs.
Internationally renowned for their exceptional service, the lodge includes eight romantic suites, four duplex suites, two manor houses, offering two en-suite bedrooms, a study a kitchen and an open plan lounge and dining room. The hotel provides one presidential suite, where the highest quality of luxury is to be found. In amongst the splendour of the 210 hectares of native forestry of Mpumalanga, this retreat has individually themed rooms that manifest the perfect “Out of Africa” setting.
Guests have an array of accommodation choices between the Manor Houses, Victorian Suites, the Quadrant Portfolio or the Ballentine Suite. All beds in the lodge are king-sized, with extra length, except for the Victorian suite number eight, which has two three-quarter beds. All of the suites at Blue Mountain Lodge have been individually decorated with most of their furniture explicitly designed for them, making all of their décor unique to the lodge.
- Ballentine Suite
- Victorian 1,3,5,7
- Victorian 2,4,6,8
- Quadrant Suite
- Manor House.
Dining at the Blue Mountain Lodge is a standard affair with starched white tablecloths, crystal glasses and shining silverware. The Lodge can boast the AA Most Fabulous Food Award for 2007 and promises a truly unique culinary experience. With the use of herbs and vegetable grown on their land, they serve a genuinely fresh dish with ostrich, guinea -fowl and venison are a common occurrence on their menu.
The food is modern with an emphasis on stimulating the palate with new flavours. With breakfast served until noon, guests can choose to relax and rest. Sundowners are served on the veranda and dinner is served in an excellent dining restaurant. The restaurant has a walk-in cellar with more than 2000 bottles of wine, offering guests a real variety to choose from.
Activities and Attractions nearby:
• Panorama drive: Driving and stopping at viewpoints is undoubtedly one of the best parts of one’s holiday. Enjoy and be inspired by the unparalleled beauty of the Blyde River Canyon, Bourke’s Luck Potholes and God’s Window all together on one scenic driving route.
• Mountain Biking in the Kruger National Park: Enjoy the thrilling experience of mountain biking through one of the world’s best game reserves, The Kruger National Park. With trails with different difficulties, there is something for everyone.
• Hot Air Balloon: Not even the sky is your limit when you can book a hot air balloon trip. With champagne in hand and high above the world, there’s no better way to see the incredible landscape.
• Walking Safari: There are many things you can’t experience in a car when you’re on a safari, that’s why a walking safari is perfect for those who want to experience nature on a first-hand basis. There are two different trails, guided by experienced rangers that are entirely in tune with the environment.
• Helicopter Tour: For a change of scenery, why not take a helicopter flip? Fly high over the countryside or swoop low over the ocean and see the world from new and exciting heights with a helicopter tour.
Below detailed information about the Blue Mountain Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Ceiling Fan
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- Mini bar
- Outside Shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
The beautiful location of the Blue Mountain Lodge on an avocado farm situated between Sabie and Hazyview provides a wonderful natural setting which is home to a rich variety of bird life which can be observed.
Nature's paradise awaits the keen hiker with its many different trails to choose from.
- Boardroom Facilities
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Hotel Bar
- Nearby Casino
- Nearby Gym
- Swimming Pool
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Daily local and international newspapers
- Housekeeping service
- Massage treatments
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
- Wellness & Beauty treatments
- # Rooms:
"The Presidential Suite" or The Ballentine Suite is designed in a classical regency style. This suite showcases a spacious lounge with elegant furnishings and grand bedroom. The room boasts a private plunge pool that overlooks the luscious forestry.
- Entrance hall
- Bathroom and separate toilet
- Outdoor plunge pool
- Very private Regency style
- Mahogany canopy bed
- View overlooking forestry
- Freestanding Slipper Bath
- Custom-made shower
All of the beds are king-sized, with extra length except for Victorians Suite number 8, which has two three-quarter beds. All the suites and rooms have signature decorations. The design of the chamber is unique as all the furniture, except antiques, were designed and custom-made for the Blue Mountain Lodge.
- # Rooms:
The four duplex suites are set romantically in a cobbled courtyard, with bedrooms that bring you back to the time of Camelot and castles. These rooms have a lounge, bathroom with separate bath, shower and toilet downstairs with a gallery bedroom upstairs.
The style is Provencal, overlooking the forest. The duplex rooms are set in a cobbled courtyard and have a lounge, bathroom and separate toilet downstairs and a gallery bedroom upstairs. Bath and separate shower.
All of the beds are king-sized, extra length except for Victorians Suite number 8, which has two three-quarter beds. All of suites and rooms are decorated in a signature style. The furniture, except antiques, were designed and custom-made for the Blue Mountain Lodge, making the decor unique to the lodge.
Beautifully placed between the glimmering lake and the lush forestry around the Blue Mountain Lodge, the Manor House is the perfect experience for luxury and is legendary in itself. The Manor House is on a neatly trimmed lawn, and it has excellent attention to their classic detail.
• Two en-suite bedrooms
• Dining room and kitchen
• Stone fireplace on the patio
• Private swimming pool
Each room has a signature decorating style that makes the furnishings unique to the lodge.
Blue Mountain Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Blue Mountain Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Driving directions to Blue Mountain Lodge
Suggested routes 1. 1 hour 1 min R40 56.5 km
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Nelspruit, R538 Nelspruit South Africa
1. Head south-west 170 m
2. Turn right toward R538 2.1 km
3. Turn right at R538 8.4 km
4. Slight right at Jatinga Rd 2.8 km
5. Turn left at R538 1.7 km
6. Turn right at R40 23.5 km
7. Turn left 1.1 km
8. Take the 1st right 8.4 km
9. Turn left 6.9 km
10. Turn left 1.5 km
Blue Mountain Lodge
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.
- Tourism Grading Council of South Africa