The Panoramic Route Highlights Tour Overview
The half-day morning Panoramic Route Highlights Tour departs and ends in Hazyview, Mpumalanga, South Africa. From the typical savanna landscape, you travel from heights of approximately 400m to 1700 m above sea level. You take Kowyn’s Pass, which was named after a Sotho Chief who lived in the region.
For most of the way, the road follows the old wagon route which, with a gradient of 1:7 in places, was one of the steepest streets in the country. Pass through Graskop that started as a gold mining camp in the 1880s and now serves as a commercial centre for a forested area with some large sawmills.
See the Pinnacle, God’s Window or Wonder View and enjoy the breathtaking sights of the Blyde River Canyon and Bourke’s Luck Potholes. Return to the hotel in time for lunch.
- Kowyn’s Pass
- the Pinnacle
- God’s Window or Wonder View (weather and time permitting)
- Blyde River Canyon
- Bourke’s Luck Potholes
- Return to the hotel in time for lunch (not included)
- half day tour ex Hazyview
- Minimum number of participants: two
- Maximum number of participants: eleven
- Daily departures
- Time: 08h00 – 12h00
- Vehicle type: Luxury Microbus
- Languages available: English - German
- Other language guides are available on request if booked on a private basis