The Gold Reef Heritage Tour Johannesburg Overview
Highlights of the Gold Reef Heritage sightseeing tour in Johannesburg at the Gold Reef City Theme Park include an interactive tour that brings the theme park's exciting historical and gold mining attractions together in an entertaining and informative package.
The trip consists of an introduction film, an underground mine tour, visits to three mine houses, and the chance to see a bar of gold being poured.
Just 8 kilometres from the centre of Johannesburg lies the world-famous yet uniquely South African Gold Reef City Theme Park. With its magnificent Theme Park offering the broadest range of features and attractions in Africa and the exhilarating complex, alive with the excitement, buzz and energy. Visitors enjoy Gold Reef City's world-class facilities, from indulging in one of the many restaurants, taking in a show at the Theatre, experiencing a 4D movie to the thrill of the rides which are available here.
A unique experience awaits you as you enter the historical world of Gold Reef City Theme Park. This magical trip down memory lane will tell you all about how Johannesburg came into being, how gold was discovered on the reef and how the lives of men and women formed an integral part of a vibrant and fascinating heritage.
Gold Pour: Liquid gold - there's nothing quite like the magnificent glow that emanates from the molten liquid. This is an experience of the heart, soul and mind that you will never forget.
Gold Panning: Search for the elusive specs of gold that hold the promise of wealth the way it used to be done. Pan the mud in cold water by hand and experience the euphoria of finding a shiny spec among the dirt.
Please note that the Tribal Dancing, 4D Show and Gold Panning does not form part of the Heritage Tour. These attractions can be experienced by guests at their leisure in their own time.
- Gold Reef City Theme Park
- exciting historical and gold mining attractions
- introduction film
- visits to three mine houses
- a chance to see a bar of gold being poured
- Half-day afternoon tour
- Days: Wednesdays to Sundays
- Minimum number of participants: two
- Maximum number of participants: forty
- Departure from Sandton hotels at 12h30 and Rosebank hotels at 13h10
- Collection times may vary subject to the hotel collection route
- Vehicle type: Luxury Microbus to 44-Seater
- Luxury coach
- Languages available: English
- Please note: children under the age of 5 are not allowed underground