The Classic Lowveld Experience Tour Overview
Day 1: JOHANNESBURG – MPUMALANGA – NELSPRUIT - WHITE RIVER - KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
This adventure accentuates an authentic African Safari experience from start to finish. After collection from your Johannesburg hotel by our professional driver, head east to spectacular Mpumalanga (“Place Where the Sun Rises”) via Nelspruit, White River, and Hazyview.
After freshening up at your safari lodge, enter the world-famous Kruger National Park and spend the afternoon wildlife viewing in an open safari vehicle. This park has more recorded species of wildlife than any other African game reserve. In the late afternoon, return to the hotel with the smells of traditional South African cuisine filling the air.
Casa Do Sol Hotel and Resort or similar - bed and breakfast basis + 1 wildlife viewing activities
DAY 2: PANORAMA ROUTE - KRUGER NATIONAL PARK
Early morning breakfast before experiencing the highlights of the breathtaking Panoramic Route that includes: Bourke’s Luck Potholes; this natural water feature marks the beginning of the Blyde River Canyon which you will also see; Gods Window and Lisbon waterfalls that are at 92m the highest waterfall in the area.
Return to the hotel in time for lunch (not included) and spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure around the pool viewing deck overlooking the lush gardens. For the not so weary, optional activities are available from the hotel. Enjoy dinner in the hotel’s restaurant.
DAY 3: KRUGER NATIONAL PARK – SABIE – LYDENBURG – DULLSTROOM - JOHANNESBURG
Early morning wildlife viewing on an open safari vehicle in the Kruger National Park with an experienced game ranger, pursuing the “Big 5”, abundant plains game and prolific birdlife.
After returning to the hotel for breakfast, we travel to Johannesburg over the famous Long Tom Pass; this is one of the most spectacular highways in the country, and its summit (2150 m) is one of the highest points reached by a major road that links Sabie and Lydenburg.
Continue via Dullstroom where we will have a quick lunch stop (not included) and Belfast, arriving in Johannesburg in the early evening (approx, 18h30). Our adventure concludes with a drop off at your hotel or OR Tambo International Airport.
Highlights of The Classic Lowveld Experience Tour:
- Kruger National Park
- Johannesburg, Gauteng
Tour information: The Classic Lowveld Experience Tour
- Days: 3 Days and 2 Nights
- This is a flexible safari with several nights to be specified by the client
- Min/ Max Participants: One / Ten in Open Safari Vehicles
- Departure: Daily - Sandton hotels at 07h30
- Accommodation: 4-star accommodation
- Vehicle: Johannesburg to Hazyview: the vehicle of appropriate size
- Safari drives: an open safari vehicle
- Panorama tour: the vehicle of appropriate size
- Driver/Guide: Johannesburg to Hazyview – driver
- Safari drives with an experienced ranger
- Panorama tour: experienced Lowveld guide
- Languages Available: English – German
- Transfers between Johannesburg and Hazyview provided in the English language only
- Tours of longer duration are available
- Additional days added to the itinerary will be on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis with two safari drives