Blue Train Journey Cape Town to Pretoria Overview
The Blue Train Journey from Cape Town to Pretoria
Relax in luxury and comfort on the three days Blue Train Journey from Cape Town to Pretoria and watch the world go by. Gourmet dining, butler service and luxurious facilities on board of The Blue Train are complemented by an informative visit at Kimberley's 'Big Hole' diamond mine and museum.
The routes of The Blue Train in South Africa take guests through some of the most breathtaking countrysides. The ever-changing scenery flashes past the windows of train guests may savour exquisite meals which have been freshly prepared on board. The delicious meals are complemented by the best South African wines.
The suites on The Blue Train live up to their reputation for magnificence and splendour. The most elegant bed linen, marble tiles and gold fittings in the bathrooms and sheer opulence provides travellers with an unforgettable holiday experience.
- 14:30 Register and check-in at The Blue Train Lounge, Cape Town Station.
- Guests enjoy pre-departure snacks and drinks.
- 15:30 Boarding commences. Butlers usher guests to their suites.
- Suite orientation done by butlers. Boarding concludes at 15:45
- 16:00 The Blue Train departs from Cape Town Station
- (will depart earlier once all guests have checked-in)
- 16:30 High Tea is served in the Non-Smoking Lounge Car
- 19:30 - 21:00 First seating for Dinner
- 21:15 - 23:00 Second seating for Dinner
- 06:00 - 09:00 Breakfast is served
- 11:30 - 13:00 First seating for Lunch
- 13:15 - 14:30 Second seating for Lunch
- OFF-THE-TRAIN EXCURSION (Weather & time-permitting)
- 14:30 The Blue Train arrives at Kimberley Station. Guests disembark and gather at the railway museum, from where they will be ushered to a bus, which transfers them to the Kimberley Open Mine Museum.
- 15:00 Guests arrive at the Open Mine Museum. For a tour of the mine. Guests are first taken to view interesting and historical sites. Guests are also taken onto an enclosed ramp on the edge of the Big Hole.
- 7:30 Guests depart from the Open Mine Museum for Kimberley Station. At Kimberley Station guests are greeted with a glass of sherry. The sherry glass engraved with The Blue Train logo is a memento for guests to keep. After this exciting tour, guests are welcome to refresh themselves and enjoy aperitifs before dinner.
- 18:30 The Blue Train departs Kimberley Station for the journey Northbound to Pretoria.
- 19:30 -21:00 First seating for Dinner
- 21:15 -23:00 Second seating for Dinner
- 06:00 - 09:00 Breakfast is enjoyed
- 10:30 The Blue Train arrives at Pretoria Station, the butlers usher guests to the Arrival Lounge.
Facilities on The Blue Train
Fax facilities are available in the train manager's office. There are also facilities for mailing letters, as well as stamps and The Blue Train postcards. The unfolding journey is shown on a TV screen in the club car and on one of the TV channels so guests can view it in their suites.
Each suite is also equipped with a cellular communication telephone which can be used for phone calls and to reach train staff. The Blue Train has a central intercom system which is used for making relevant announcements.