Apartheid Museum Tour Johannesburg Overview
The Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg opened in 2001 and had been acknowledged as the pre-eminent museum in the world dealing with the apartheid story.
The Apartheid Museum Tour in Johannesburg, South Africa, provides travellers with an insight of South Africa's history in regards to the apartheid.
The museum illustrates the rise and fall of the apartheid, with exciting film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts that represent the events and human stories that are part of the apartheid era.
The museum is a beacon of hope showing the world how South Africa is coming to terms with the past and working together to build a better future for all. The tour of the Apartheid Museum is self-guided.
- Apartheid Museum Johannesburg
- film footage
- text panels and artefacts
- Half-day afternoon tour
- Tour Code: TIJA
- Days: Tuesdays to Sundays
- Minimum number of participants: two
- Maximum number of participants: forty
- Departure location and time: from Sandton hotels at 12h30 and Rosebank hotels at 13h10, please note that the collection times may vary subject to the hotel collection route
- vehicle type: Luxury Microbus to 44-Seater Luxury coach
- Languages available: English
- The tour of the Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg is self-guided