Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch by Marriott Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch by Marriott.
Below detailed information about the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch by Marriott is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Guests are welcome to wine and dine at the stylish and chic in-house restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily to tantalize taste buds with sumptuous cuisine in an intimate and relaxing dining environment. Visitors may also try the hotel's 'Deli on High Street', which is a sidewalk deli on the corner of High and Whiteley Street. This deli adds to the coffee culture that is very evident in this stylish and hip part of Johannesburg.
Located within the up market Melrose Arch precinct, the hotel nonetheless has 24-hour CCTV surveillance throughout the private grounds. The hotels feature a demarcated parking zone for coaches and secure undercover parking. Separate group check-in facilities and luggage holding facilities are available for groups' convenience.
Activities, Sports & Leisure
The Hotel features an outdoor swimming pool.
This Hotel features an in house gym which is located on the first floor.
- Virgin Active Gym
- Wanderers Golf Course
- Melrose Arch Precinct
- Gold Reef City
- Apartheid Museum
- Johannesburg Zoo
- Nelson Mandela Square
Conferences & Events
The conference facilities at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch create an energetic ‘out-of-office’ experience which heightens the creative senses required in any boardroom or meeting. The hotel features 3 conference rooms and 4 meeting rooms which can accommodate a maximum amount of 180 delegates in a cinema style conference and 1 boardroom for the more private conference.
Standard conference facilities:
- Flat screen LCD television
- Flip charts
- Data Projector
- Notepads & Pens
- Water, sweets & cordials
Non standard features / facilities (available at an additional cost):
- DVD Player
- Roving Microphone
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: -1
- Check out: -1
- Hotel Wi-Fi
- 24 - hour reception service
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Luggage storage
Guest Room King/Twin
- # Rooms:
Standard Room amenities:
- Flat screen LCD TV
- Work desk
- WiFi internet connection
- Open plan bathroom with feature shower
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- In-room electronic safe
- Handicapped facilities
- Laptop sized electronic safe
- Individually controlled air conditioner
- 190 Standard Kings, of which 98 can be converted into Standard Twins
- 4 Paraplegic Rooms
- 3 Corner Suites with King size bed and separate lounge area
Driving directions to Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Melrose Arch from O.R. Tambo Johannesburg Airport:
1. Head on the R21 towards Johannesburg and Boksburg
2. Take the exit on the right onto R24 towards Johannesburg
3. Take the exit to stay on R24
4. Take exit 113 for N3 South towards Kimberley and Durban
5. Keep right at the fork and follow the signs for the N1 to Pretoria
6. Turn left onto the N3 Eastern Bypass
7. Take the exit 119 for Modderfontein Road
8. Turn right onto Wordsworth Rd
9. Continue onto Main Rd
10. Continue onto Canning Rd
11. Slight left onto 9th Rd and continue to follow the M30
12. Turn left onto Cross St
13. Continue onto Melrose Boulevard
13. Turn right onto Whiteley Rd
14. Take the 1st left onto High St and your destination will be on the right
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.