Zimbali Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Zimbali Lodge.
Below detailed information about the Zimbali Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Activities, Sports & Leisure
A 54-hectare reserve on the Estate is a conservation area which is filled with the local flora & fauna. Pathways & wooden decks are spread out through the reserve to allow guest to explore the natural surroundings.
The 55-hectare reserve within the Zimbali estate has been demarcated as conservation areas providing a refuge to the rich variety of local flora & fauna. Zimbali is home to several natural spring water lakes which create a beautiful habitat for the 87 species of bird, hosts of butterflies and a wide variety of indigenous plant life.
Guests staying at the lodge have access to the 4 on- site tennis courts.
The coastal area of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa is home to some of the best golf courses in the country. The Zimbali Golf Course is located a mere 56 kilometres from the number one golf course in South Africa, namely the Durban Country Club. Other golf courses in this region include Prince's Grant, Umhlali Country Club, Royal Durban Golf Club, and Mount Edgecombe. The estate is a golfer's paradise where the golfer can test their abilities on some of the best golf courses in Kwa Zulu Natal. A Tom Weiskopf has created a golf course which is not only a challenging course but also beautiful course which blends into its setting.
Zimbali Golf Course Details:
- 18 holes, Par 72, rating 72
- Distance: 4859 m - 6523 m
- Situated 44 km north of Durban
The Willow Stream Health & Beauty Spa is at the resort. The spa is open 08:15 am – 08:15 pm daily.
The high-tech, fully equipped gym is located at the Fairmont Zimbali Resort and is open from 06:15 am – 08:10 pm daily.
Conferences & Events
The South Africa Conference Centre
This popular leisure and conference hotel in KwaZulu-Natal specializes in personalized conference arrangements for small to large groups.
- Overlooks the golf course and the Nature reserve
- 80 delegates in cinema-style seating
- 40 delegates in u-shape,
- 35 in boardroom style
- 60 in a schoolroom configuration
- Executive boardroom with an ocean view
- Accommodates 10 delegates
- Small, intimate venue
- 25 delegates in cinema style seating
- 15 delegates in u-shape
- 12 boardroom style
- 15 in school-room style
The Lodge offers outdoor catering which takes place on the Terrace or indoor formal dining in the Restaurant. The Country Club caters for 75 inside the restaurant for dinner and if the venue is extended out onto the veranda 95 people can attend and if for cocktails, then up to 120 people are welcome to join.
- Overhead projector
- Flip chart
- Slide projector (35mm)
- White board
- Built-in sound system with roving microphone
- Portable screen
- Video machine
- Data projector
- Large screen (electronically operated)
- Lapel and roving microphone
- CD player
Additional conference services by arrangement are:
- Telephones (can be used for modem link-up)
- Television link-up between all three conference rooms
- 3-phase power
- Secretarial services, such as typing, photocopying and printing
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: -1
- Check out: -1
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Internet connection
Luxury Twin Room
Superior King Room
- # Rooms:
The Rooms at this Lodge combine traditional African decor and modern day comfort and offer views of the magnificent, natural surroundings, making this an ideal setting for a private getaway.
Fairmont Room amenities:
- Air conditioning
- Color Satellite TV
- Wireless Internet
- Multi-electric plugs for international use
- Private balcony
- Bed Type: One King or Two Twin beds
- Size: 322 SQ. Ft (30m²)
- View: Costal Nature Reserve
- En-suite bathroom with separate shower and freestanding Victorian bath
- Electric razor plug
King Shaka International Airport
La Mercy, Durban, South Africa
1. Head southeast toward Mdloti St/D144 650 m
2. Turn left at Mdloti St/D144 2.0 km
3. Take the ramp onto Outer Ring Rd/N2 Partial toll road 15.0 km
4. Take exit 210 for M4 toward Ballito Dr/Ballito/ Compensation 600 m
5. Turn left at Ballito Dr/M4 (signs for Compensation) 750 m
6. Take the 2nd right 900 m
7. Make a U-turn 1.2 km
8. Turn right 130 m
9. Take the 1st left Destination will be on the left 24 m
Fairmont Zimbali Lodge
Ballito, Durban North Coast, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.