Black Rhino Game Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Black Rhino Game Lodge.
Below detailed information about the Black Rhino Game Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
Dining at the Black Rhino Lodge
The chef at the Black Rhino Game Lodge caters for all exquisite meals in an atmospheric restaurant. Both the bar and the restaurant open out onto the viewing deck making one feel being close to nature.
Activities, Sports & Leisure
The bird life found in the Black Rhino Game Reserve and the Pilanesberg National Park is outstanding. While some birds are migrants, many are permanent inhabitants of this region. Their food sources vary with some eating carrion or live prey while others eat seeds, fruit or tiny water organisms.
The Pilanesberg National Park is one of the best places for birding in South Africa. Over 350 species have been recorded here, and a birder could record up to 100 species in winter and plenty more in summer including both migrant and permanent species.
The transition zone between the dry Kalahari and the wetter lowveld region in this region of South Africa brings with it a unique mix of birds with Red-eyed Bulbus co-habiting with Black-eyed Bulbuls. Many other such fascinating habitations are visible throughout the game reserve, but it isn't limited to only bird species but also to other animals and plants.
Visit to the Sun City Resort
- Sun City Casino & Entertainment Centre
- The Palace of the Lost City Hotel
- Cascades Hotel
- Sun City Hotel
- Cabanas Hotel
- Valley of Waves: water park
- Health & Beauty Spa
- Gary Player Golf Course
- Lost City Golf Course
- Bird Aviary
- Farmyard animals
- Kamp Kwena.
Hot Air Balloon Safari
The Hot Air Balloon Safaris are offered every morning, depending on the weather and number of passengers. Guest are collected at their game lodge and are taken to the park to meet with the balloon crew.
The flight is approximately an hour in duration and on landing sparkling wine is served. A leisurely game drive is then taken through the park to a game lodge where breakfast is served, after which guest are returned to their hotel/game lodge.
Flights are early in the morning, and you will need to allow some 4 hours for the full activity which includes the following:
- Early morning collection from your hotel by safari vehicle
- Launch of the balloon from the centre of Pilanesberg National Park
- An hour drifting serenely over the Park
- A sparkling wine celebration on landing, a time-honoured tradition in ballooning
- A Full English breakfast at a Game Lodge
- A First Flight certificate signed by your Pilot
- Return transfer to your hotel/game lodge
Terms and Conditions: Hot Air Balloon Safaris
- 1-hour flight: Minimum 8 passengers / Maximum 60 pax (1-hour flight)
- 30-minute flight: Minimum 20 / Maximum 120 pax (½ hour flight)
- No children under the age of 12 can take part
- Full prepayment is required before the trip takes place.
Elephant Back Safaris
Pick up from the Gametrackers Outdoor Adventures desk located at the Welcome Centre. Transfer to "The Elephant Wallow" will be approximately 20 minutes through the Letsatsing Game Reserve giving guests an opportunity to view game along the way.
On arrival, welcome drinks are served, and guests are given an introductory talk and introduced to the elephants and their handlers.The elephants are then saddled, and the safari commences.
After approximately an hour on the elephant, back guests return to "The Elephant Wallow" for light snacks. Guests are returned to the Welcome Centre, Sun City.
- Duration: approximately 2-3 hours
- Maximum 10 people – children under five years can unfortunately not participate
- Pick up and drop off is the Welcome Centre at the Sun City Resort.
Elephant Back Safaris:
- Sunrise Elephant Back Safari
- Mid Morning Elephant Back Safari
- Sunset Elephant Back Safari.
On many occasions, the stillness of the night here is broken by the roaring of lions and the Franklins sing the morning wake up call. Early in the morning, guests may enjoy a cup of coffee followed by an adventurous game drive with professional guides.
The game drives take guests through the Black Rhino Reserve into the unexplored valley of the Pilanesberg until the 200km network Pilanesberg Park roads are reached.
Game sightings include a variety of predators such as lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and cheetah. Herds of elephant are often seen within proximity making for an unforgettable experience. Antelope such as sable, kudu and eland roam the bush freely. The game and bird viewing opportunities in this region of South Africa are truly incredible.
The Black Rhino Game Lodge provides a lovely outdoor swimming pool with a sun deck.
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 0:00
- Check out: 0:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Luggage storage
- Safari drives
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
All children are welcome at the Black Rhino Game Lodge in the Pilanesberg National Park.
Children policy in regards to game drives:
- Children under six years are not allowed to take part in the game drives.
- Kids between 6 - 11 years of age can go on game drives at the discretion of the lodge management.
- # Rooms:
The Luxury Suites at Pilanesberg's Black Rhino Lodge are very private and feature a mini bar, air conditioner, hot beverage unit and television.
The patio doors open out into the bush from where herds of impala or a lone elephant walking by can be observed. The designer bathrooms open out into an own private outside shower which is perfect to cool down on a hot day.
Driving directions to the Black Rhino Game Lodge
via the N4 240 km / this route has tolls
OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg South Africa
1. Continue south for 1.0 km
2. Make a left after 700 m
3. Turn right 230 m
4. Make a right at Exit 46 700 m
5. Take exit 46 for R21 N toward Kempton Park/Pretoria for 500 m
6. Merge onto R21 for another 36.3 km
7. Take exit 134 for N1 N toward Polokwane 350 m
8. Continue onto the ramp and merge onto N1 Rd Partial toll road which is after 22.2 km
9. Join exit 156 to merge onto N4 toward Rustenburg Partial toll road 107 km
10. Make the exit toward R24 for 450 m
11. Make a right turn at R24 2.4 km
12. Turn left at Nelson Mandela St 3.5 km
13. Head towards the Swartruggens Rd/R104 5.7 km
14. Turn right at R565 50.3 km
15. Slight right 9.0 km
Black Rhino Game Lodge
Pilanesberg National Park, North West Province, South Africa
The Black Rhino Game Lodge provides complimentary parking.