The Victoria Falls are home to the steam train which provides travellers with an unforgettable journey. Explore the historical and romantic aspects of this fascinating area on a fully refurbished train, viewing mystical Africa the way it would have been done over one hundred years ago, in the comfort of an authentic first class steam train.
The Victoria Falls Steam Train Overview
The Victoria Falls Train trip is a steam train which provides travellers with an unforgettable journey.
Explore the historical and romantic aspects of this fascinating area on a fully refurbished train, viewing mystical Africa the way it would have been done over one hundred years ago, in the comfort of an authentic first-class steam train.
This beautifully restored steam train has a 1953 class 15a steam locomotive, dining cars and first-class coaches. It can carry up to 225 passengers, who will be attended to by our enthusiastic and well-trained staff.
The cuisine is of a superb standard and becoming of our exclusive tours. This African Steam Safari will appeal to those who want to see this part of the world for its beauty and history.
The Sunset Bridge Run
The Sunset Bridge Run is the old-fashioned steam train journey to the impressive Victoria Falls Bridge which is a historical landmark that was completed in 1905. In Zimbabwe, guests are met on the red carpet at the Victoria Falls Station directly opposite the Victoria Falls Hotel.
Travellers enjoy the luxury and comfort of the lounge car or wander along on this beautiful bridge while viewing the majestic Victoria Falls with its breathtaking, picturesque gorge and the wild Zambezi River 110 meters below. A selection of light snacks and beverages are served.
- This is a sunset adventure with a difference
- The Sunset Bridge Run was voted by BA's Horizons Magazine the 6th Most Spectacular Sundowner Spot in the world
- Optional return transfers to/from hotels are available on application
- This excursion operates on select days, every week. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (subject to change)
- The departure times vary throughout the year, between 16h00 and 18h00
- Full details will be given when making your booking
- Price subject to change due to exchange rate and coal price