Magoebaskloof Canopy Tours Overview
The Magoebaskloof Canopy Tours have a platform that is joined by the spectacular river, waterfalls and forest. Relax and absorb the surroundings on each platform.
Trained guides ensure the safety of each group while describing facts about the fauna, flora and ecology of the surrounding environment. Experience the thrill of sliding through the forest on a 2 ½ hour adventure.
- Suitable for anyone between 6 and 75.
- Ideal for the whole family, nature lovers, thrill seekers and corporate groups.
- A Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour includes light refreshments, transport, lunch, guides, equipment.
The Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour takes the whole concept one step further as thirteen platforms have all been individually designed and built overlooking the spectacular Groot Letaba River. Journey through the ecology and geology of one of the most striking waterfall gorges in the province. The Letaba River Gorge is home to a wide variety of plant, animal and birdlife - watch out for the Giant Kingfisher.
Canopy Tours South Africa first introduced the Canopy Tour concept in October 2001. There are currently three other Canopy Tour locations - Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, Eastern Cape; Karkloof Canopy Tour, Kwa-Zulu Natal; and Magaliesberg Canopy Tour, North-West Province
- From Polokwane: Take the R71 towards Tzaneen. Continue for approximately 55kms towards Haenertsburg. Cross over the stop street in Haenertsburg, continue for 1km and turn right at the sign that says Tzaneen via George's Valley R528. Continue on this road for 11kms and turn right at the Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour sign (FARM GV11) and park at the reception.
- From Phalaborwa/Tzaneen: From Phalaborwa, take the R71 towards Tzaneen. From Tzaneen, take the R528 via George's Valley towards Haenertsburg/Polokwane. Continue for approximately 25kms and turn left at the Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour sign (FARM GV11) and park at the reception.
- From Hoedspruit: Take the R40 towards Mica. Just past Mica, turn left on the R526 towards Tzaneen via Gravelotte. This becomes the R71. From Tzaneen, take the R528 via George's Valley towards Polokwane. Continue for approximately 25kms and turn left at the Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour sign (FARM GV11) and park at the reception.
- From Louis Trichard (Makhado): Take the N1 towards Polokwane, at the Capricorn Toll Plaza; turn left onto the R36 towards Modjajiskloof & Tzaneen. You will go through Soekmekaar, Mooketsi and Mojajiskloof before you reach Tzaneen. Take the R528 via George's Valley towards Polokwane. Continue for approximately 25kms and turn left at the Magoebaskloof Canopy Tour sign (GV11) and park at the reception.