andBeyond Vamizi Island Reviews & Information« Back to Cabo Delgado
Use the drop down below to find out more information about andBeyond Vamizi Island.
The Quirimbas coral islands tropical climate and sandy beaches make andBeyond Vamizi a perfect Mozambique beach holiday destination for families and groups of friends. Each of the islands six exclusive villas feature their lounge areas, dining rooms, terraces as well as swimming pools.
The en-suite bedrooms are beautifully decorated and equipped with convenient features. A private chef serves individually tailor-made meals according to guests requirements. A great variety of exciting activities is available for guests to enjoy which include scuba diving, castaway picnics, sunset dhow cruises, deep sea fishing and much more.
Island life on Vamizi:
- Discover coral reefs with their abundant marine life
- Dive at one of the top ten dive sites in the world (Neptune’s Arm)
- Enjoy a delicious castaway picnic on one of the secluded locations on the island
- Kayak through the estuary flanked by mangrove forest
- Relax in a luxurious villa (private chef and vehicle on standby)
- Toast the setting sun from a traditional sailing dhow
- Rejuvenate with a massage treatment or enjoy a gentle yoga session.
The Lodge features six spacious and well-appointed villas each of which features either five or six sleeper ideal for families and friends travelling together.
The Vamizi villas are all individually decorated with en-suite bedrooms, welcoming dining venues and comfortable lounge areas around the private pools or the beach. Private chefs and personal butlers are available throughout the stay who ensure that all requirements are met.
Villas at Vamizi Island:
- Casamina Villa (6 bedrooms)
- Casa Marjani Villa (5 bedrooms)
- Kapila Villa (5 bedrooms)
- Papilio Villa (6 bedrooms)
- Suluwilo Villa (5 bedrooms)
- Tartaruga Villa (5 bedrooms).
Being surrounded by turquoise, deep water and coral reefs, &Beyond Vamizi Island is a paradise for water sports. Various recreational fishing options are available as well as sailing. The Hobie Cats and dinghies are available from the Dive Centre.
The relaxed sunset cruises which are offered on a traditional dhow provide an excellent way to explore the surroundings with a glass of chilled wine. With a bit of luck, one can admire dolphins and turtles. Scuba diving is ideal in this area. The lodge caters for all diving abilities ranging from the novice to the experienced divemaster. Vamizi PADI diver and instructors are available to guide and teach.
- Castaway picnics
- Traditional dhow cruises
- Scuba diving
- Deep-sea fishing
- Ethical spear-fishing
- Guided nature walks
- In-room spa treatments
- Local community visits
- Private in-room yoga sessions
- Seasonal turtle nesting and hatching excursions
- Whale watching (annual).
Mozambique Vamizi Island is home to a lot of lands based and marine wildlife which includes 133 bird species, a great variety of fish as well as whales, dolphins, whales, crabs, butterflies, monkeys and green sea turtles. The Samango monkey lives in the evergreen coastal forest of the island. Furthermore, the brilliant turquoise and blue plumage of the mangrove kingfisher can be admired as well as the golden-yellow, dark-backed weaver.
The underwater world can best be observed during scuba diving and snorkelling. The surrounding reefs are filled with many marine species such as the Green & Hawksbill turtle, BumpHead Parrotfish, Potato Grouper, Napoleon Wrasse, SilverTip shark and Humpback whale.
- Green sea turtles
- Humpback whales
- 301 species of reef fish
- Game fish
- Giant coconut crab
- Samango Monkey
- 136 bird species.
andBeyond Vamizi Island Specials
The specials listed below will automatically be offered to you when proceeding through the booking process.
The lodge is off the Northernmost Mozambican coast among an archipelago in a marine reserve; the beautiful island spoils its discerning guests with luxury, privacy, sand, the sun and azure waters.
The Quirimbas coral islands tropical climate and sandy beaches make andBeyond Vamizi a perfect beach holiday destination for families and groups of friends. Each of the islands six exclusive villas feature their lounge areas, dining rooms, terraces as well as swimming pools.
Included in the rate:
- Fully Inclusive Rate Includes: Accommodation, three meals daily, a private butler, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirit and beers, teas and coffees, laundry, emergency medical evacuation insurance, land transfers to and from the lodge airstrip.
Activities included: Castaway picnics, sea kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, snorkelling from the shore, birding, guided nature walks, small dhow sailing, hobie cat, dingy sailing and use of bicycles
Excluded from the rate:
- Rate Excludes: Telephone calls, Safari shop purchases, gratuities, all items of a personal nature, champagne, cognacs, fine wines, premium brand spirits, yoga sessions, spa treatments, conservancy fee, landing fees and airport taxes. Activities excluded are scuba diving, dolphin and whale watching, deep-sea fishing, ethical spear-fishing and all motorized activities
Terms and Conditions:
- Subject to availability
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.