The Rijks Country House, Tulbagh offers travellers and day visitors a wonderful getaway experience while enjoying the personal service and the convenient facilities of this graceful and elegant country retreat.
Nestled in the scenic and lush Tulbagh valley of South Africa's beautiful Cape Winelands, the beautiful five-star Rijks Country House opened in October 2008 following extensive renovations.
The hotel lies on a Wine Farm, which is home to Rijks Private Cellar; a mere five minutes away from the centre of Tulbagh, Western Cape. Old trees and an abundance of beautiful Iceberg roses welcome guests to the estate from where spectacular views of the vineyard hills set against the mountains can be enjoyed.
This Estate is surrounded by well-known wine estates which are worth a visit and where wine tastings are offered. These include Manley Private Cellars, De Oude Drostdy Manor, De Heuvel, Blue Crane Vineyards, Saronsberg Cellars, Schalkenbosch Wine Estate, Tulbagh Winery, Theuniskraal Wine Estate, Waverley Hills, Twee Jonge Gezellen, and Buck’s Ridge Wine and Olives.
The exclusive country house serves delicious and fresh cuisine combined with an excellent and detailed wine list.
- 18-hour room service
- Laundry and ironing service
- Airport shuttle service and transport to visit nearby wine farms and cellars
- Full-service business desk with the internet, fax and printing
- Wireless Internet
- Gift and wine shop
- Lounge and library
- Outdoor terrace
- Swimming pool
- Private and public wine tastings
- Picnics upon prior arrangement
- 32-seater fine dining restaurant: Que Sera
- 20-seater private dining room: Mon Ami
- Polo Wine Bar
- Conferencing facilities
- Babysitting services
- Night-harvesting of the vineyard grapes in the summer months
- Wine tasting at Rijks Private Cellar
- Hiking and walking trails
- Bird watching
Nearby Attractions and Activities:
- Tour and tasting of Krone Borealis at Twee Jonge Gezellen
- Wine tasting and art gallery at Saronsberg
- Arts, crafts and curio shops
- Art galleries
- Oude Drostdy Museum
- Oude Kerk Volksmuseum
- Golf at the Ceres country club (20-minute drive)
- Polo matches
- Hiking and walking trails
- Photographic tours
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking
- Health and fitness centre
- Dried fruit tours
- Beauty salon and aromatherapy
- Plant Nurseries
- Farmers' market
- Belgian chocolate factory specialises in chocolate and wine pairing
- Award-winning cheese shop selling handcrafted farmhouse cheese
- Que Sera: 32-seater fine dining restaurant offering an a la carte menu and buffet breakfast
- Mon Ami: 20-seater private dining room with high tables and chairs, a cosy fireplace and doors leading out onto the vineyards
- Iceberg Terrace for al fresco dining outdoors
- Polo Wine Bar & tasting room
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- DVD player
- Ensuite private bathroom
- Mini bar
- Plasma TV screen
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Writing desk
Facilities Available at Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel
- Barbeque & braai area
- Boardroom Facilities
- Conference venue
- Curio Shop
- Gift Shop
- Swimming Pool
- Whiskey & Cigar Lounge
- Wine cellar
More Information on Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel
FAQs about Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
How much does a room at Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel cost?
The average rate for a night's stay at Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel is R1,350.00 to R1,580.00.
Where is Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel located?
The address of Rijks Wine Estate and Hotel is: Van Der Stel Street/Winterhoek Road, Tulbagh 6820.