The three-star Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott is situated approximately 26 minutes south of the city centre just past the town of Amanzimtoti.
The Protea Hotel Karridene Beach is a modern Durban South Coast hotel resort provides comfortable accommodation and delicious food in a lush tropical setting.
This modern Durban South Coast hotel resort provides comfortable accommodation and delicious food in a lush tropical setting. On a lagoon at the Illovo, the hotel offers nearby facilities include golf, squash and swimming.
A wheelchair-friendly boardwalk is available at the hotel, which leads onto the beach. The hotel provides the latest in conferencing equipment and can accommodate up to 151 conference delegates.
The Oakwoods Restaurant at the hotel in a glass structure overlooking the Umzimbazi lagoon and the lush Natal vegetation, which surrounds it. The unique decor includes stylish granite tables covered in the most beautiful table linen, while designer cane chairs complete the setting, forming the perfect place for hearty buffet breakfasts, a la carte lunches and delicious buffet dinners. There is a well-appointed bar, with outside terrace overlooks the swimming pool.
The Hotel features a swimming pool as well as a smaller pool for children, a sports centre, two squash courts, Mini-Golf, pool tables, table tennis, a video arcade, saunas, play park, safe swimming at the beach and volleyball. Outside food and beverage facility is available, as well as pool kiosk-serving chocolate, ice creams and cold drinks.
This hotel is ideal for families wanting to be close to the beach in Durban. The accommodation at the hotel is comfortable, elegant and spacious, and provides the following configurations:
- 56 rooms with two double beds
- 22 rooms with one king-size bed
- 2 Junior suites with separate bedrooms
- 1 Presidential Suite
Attractions nearby hotel
- Beaches in Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Crocodile farms
- Game Parks
- Golf courses
- Aliwal Shoal offers some of the worlds' best shark diving and also boasts some of the best game fish species in the Indian Ocean. Even if you are not into diving, the facility does offer non-diving trips.
- Deep-sea fishing
- Surf fishing
- The Pavillion shopping centre
Directions from Durban
- Travel South on the N2
- Take exit 133 (Kingsburg)
- Turn left at the stop street and proceed to traffic lights
- Turn right, following the R102 in the Umkomaas direction
- At the next traffic lights, turn right onto the R102 (Old South Coast Road) and travel for 3,5 km
- The hotel turn-off is on the left-hand side
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- In-room safe
- Internet Access
- Modem Access
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Facilities Available at Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott
- Boardroom Facilities
- Business Centre
- Children's playground
- Coffee Shop
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Hotel Bar
- Mini golf
- Nearby Casino
- Nearby golf course
- Pool table
- Squash court(s)
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Table tennis
- Volleyball field
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
More Information on Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott
FAQs about Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
Where is Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott located?
The address of Protea Hotel Karridene Beach by Marriott is: Old South Coast Road, Illovo Beach, Durban, 4126.