The Protea Hotel Hazyview by Marriott has ceased operations and is closed.
We would recommend the following alternative options in the area:
The Protea Hotel Hazyview, Mpumalanga, is a charming retreat well suited to providing both leisure and business travellers on a lush 11-acre country estate,
Protea Hotel by Marriott Hazyview with panoramic views, excellent facilities and the warm hospitality typical of South Africa – the hotel is a firm favourite with both local and international visitors.
Located only 45 kilometres from the airport, the hotel is easily accessible, and the town of Hazyview offers scenic hiking trails and mountain bike trails that lead visitors through lush forests, an enjoyable nature experience that is enhanced by the calming sounds of the breathtaking waterfalls.
Hazyview accommodation is in a range of various options catering to different requirements. There is a total of 87 luxurious, spacious rooms that are decorated with a modern African theme. Each room overlooks the beautiful sub-tropical gardens that are alive with the sound of birds calling and fresh with the aroma of nature.
Conferences at the hotel are a fantastic option for corporate clients who are looking for a quiet place with excellent facilities and access to some exciting activities and team-building opportunities. The hotel has two conference venues; the 25-seater Nyala Room and the 180-seater Satara Room. Both facilities are equipped with modern conferencing equipment that includes stationery, display boards, projection equipment, TV and refreshments. Other materials and services such as copying/faxing are available at an additional cost.
The Protea Hotel is close to many attractions both scenic and enjoyable. The region is steeped in a rich history of both African and European descent, with an abundance of exciting tours and interactive experiences to be had. The world-renowned Kruger National Park is a mere 20 - minute drives away, making it a fantastic day-trip option where one can view the abundant game and soak up the vibrant wilderness atmosphere.
Hotel room types:
- 40 Standard Rooms
- 24 Superior Double Rooms with Balcony
- 12 Family Rooms with additional Sleeper Couch
- 7 Excellent Rooms with Balcony
- 4 Junior Suites with Balcony.
Hotel Room Features include:
- En-suite bathroom
- Ceiling fan
- Air-conditioning and heating
- Work desk with built-in adapters
- An LCD TV with 14 Satellite Channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Select rooms have balconies
- Electronic key card access
- Electronic safe
- International plug adapters.
Facilities and Services
- Complimentary, secure parking on - site
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Activity area and games room for children
- Conferencing and banqueting venues
- 100mb Free WiFi Access per day
- 24 - hour security
- 24 - hour reception
- Children's program in peak season
- List of adventure activities available.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Kruger National Park
- Panorama Route
- white water rafting
- checking and white water tubing
- Quad Biking
- Paint Ball
- mountain boarding
- Fly Over The Lowveld in a microlight
- Gorge Swing in Graskop
- Echo And Sudwala Caves
- Sabie Forestry Museum
- Lowveld Botanical Gardens
- Hoedspruit Endangered Species Center
- Blyde River Canyon
- God's Window, Three Rondavels, Waterfalls.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Ensuite private bathroom
- In-room safe
- International electrical adapters
- Mini bar
- Plasma TV screen
- Selected satellite channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Writing desk
Facilities Available at Hazyview Sun
- Boardroom Facilities
- Braai facilities
- Business Centre
- Children's playground
- Conference venue
- Hotel Bar
- Kid's Club
- Safety Deposit Boxes
- Swimming Pool
- Travel desk
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
More Information on Hazyview Sun
FAQs about Hazyview Sun
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Hazyview Sun are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
Where is Hazyview Sun located?
The address of Hazyview Sun is: R40 Road, Hazyview, 1242.