Morukuru Ocean House is in the 35 500 hectare De Hoop Nature Reserve of the majestic Western Cape. This magnificent coastline of South Africa stretches over 52 km of untouched wild coastline.
The Filled with white beaches & dunes where rock pools, cliffs, wetlands and coastal fynbos come together. With more than 260 species of birds, the De Hoop Nature Reserve is a great paradise for bird watchers.
Morukuru Ocean House Guests are staying here enjoy exclusive use of the entire house which comes with a private butler, chef and guide. Families travelling with children are welcome at this beach retreat; there are no age limitations for kids.
Morukuru beach lodge accommodates a maximum of 8 adults and four children. The well-appointed four double suites feature their en-suite bathrooms as well as high glass doors through which ocean views can be admired. The surrounding fynbos inspires the decor of the welcoming bedrooms, and its dunes, amenities and features are of the highest quality.
This exclusive Morukuru beach retreat in South Africa is very child - friendly, kids of all ages are welcome. The whole ethos of this private villa is set around hosting families as well as groups of close friends. Junior guests are encouraged to participate in nature drives throughout the De Hoop Nature Reserve and can enjoy every magical aspect with their parents.
Morukuru guests have the fantastic opportunity to enjoy any of the below complimentary activities, all of which can be tailored to personal requirements.
- Booked on an exclusive basis
- Children friendly
- Accommodates eight adults and four children in comfort
- Spectacular coastal, ocean views
- Set on the beach/ocean in the De Hoop Nature Reserve
- Highest service standards
- Full range of activities (guided marine walks, mountain biking, sandboarding, etc.)
- Complete privacy
- Guided marine walks (1- 3 hours) see the amazing marine life of the rock pools
- Various guided fynbos walks and hikes (1 - 3 hours), learn about the diversity and beauty of the fynbos vegetation
- Guided mountain biking (1 - 3 hours)
- Guided 4x4 fynbos nature drives; this character drives also offer an excellent opportunity to see the park's wildlife
- Land-based whale watching (June - October)
- Sundowners on the dunes, overlooking the Indian Ocean with possibly a glimpse of a pod of dolphins
- Sandboarding on the white dunes
- Various beach games like volleyball, cricket and croquet
- Snorkelling in the rock pools (Morukuru Ocean House has masks, snorkels and fins for all sizes)
- Kids activities like kite making and flying them
- Stargazing, using the telescope at Ocean House
- Tennis (at De Opstal, approximately 30 minutes away).
Additional activities (not included in the price):
- Spa treatments
- Horse riding (1 - hour trail starting at De Opstal, for all levels)
- Visit Cape Agulhas (Africa’s southernmost tip) combined with a private boat excursion from Struisbaai
- Visit a local community and school just outside De Hoop Nature Reserve
- Whale watching by helicopter and scenic flights by helicopter.
- Four King size bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor bath
- Outdoor dining
- Swimming pool
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Electronic safe
- Safari drive vehicle
- Wine cellar
- Double glazed windows.
- Babysitting services
- Private butler
- Private chef
- Private guide.
- Bedside table
- Butler service
- Dining Room
- Ensuite private bathroom
- Fully Furnished Kitchen
- King size bed
- Writing desk
Facilities Available at Morukuru Ocean House
- Hotel Bar
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Wine cellar
More Information on Morukuru Ocean House
FAQs about Morukuru Ocean House
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact numbers to make a reservation at Morukuru Ocean House are:
• Cape Town Reservations +27 (0) 21 794 9050
• Durban Reservations: +27 (0) 31 941 5945
• Johannesburg Reservations: +27 (0) 10 446 8045.
Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here.
Where is Morukuru Ocean House located?
The address of Morukuru Ocean House is: De Hoop Nature Reserve, Stanford.