Guests staying in Simons Town should take a walk to the nearby Boulders Beach where over a thousand penguins live in the Penguin Colony. This Penguin Colony in Cape Town started by the penguins themselves. It is unique in that they have voluntarily inhabited suburbia and a public bathing space. A ten-minute drive takes guests to the world famous Cape Point Nature Reserve with the Cape of Good Hope and its most south-westerly point of Africa from where one of the highest sea cliffs in the world of 249m above sea level may be admired.
The seaside village was home to the Royal Navy and in 1957 was handed over to the South African Navy. In 1883 the town was declared and a municipality and town have kept is Victorian look.
Boat and Sea:
- Sea Kayaking is allotted for fun and great family activity and suitable for beginners. Trips are adapted to suit levels of fitness.
- The Harbour Tour on "Spirit of Just Nuisance" Ferry - with informative and entertaining commentary - a special permit allows you to enter the naval harbour and view the ships including strike craft and submarines (40 minutes). Charter the ferry for a sundowner cruise with onboard bar.
- Learn to sail with practical and theory lessons on the skills of sailing. Hosted by the False Bay Yacht Club (suitable for beginners).
- Whale watching during the season which starts in October and you brings a unique close and personal experience. View whales and dolphins from up to 50m! Team building or specific outcome programs are very dynamic and specialized.
- A Boat Regatta's in false bay
- The Commodore of the event has full maritime authority.
- Navy combat and supply ship tours of the SAS Drakensberg, SAS Outeniqua and the SAS Protea, as well as navy strike craft and submarines, can be arranged.