Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Hermanus is famous for its whale watching from June to November where one can see the whales from the shore. It is claimed to be the best land-based whale watching spot worldwide.
The honeymoon suite of this charming country retreat offers magnificent views of the bay. Mosselberg on Grotto Beach guest room features a private entrance, a sea-facing balcony and an option of a king-size or 2 single beds.
The rooms have been tastefully decorated and furnished with a bar fridge, coffee kitchenette, safe, T.V., underfloor heating, fans, and full en-suite bathrooms with twin basins and heated towel rails. Children are welcome, and sleeper couches are available in the bedrooms.
Mosselberg on Grotto Beach Hotel offers a deluxe continental, and English breakfast served on the deck or the veranda around the swimming pool. The menu is made from fresh, local produce and not to be missed. The venue has a full liquor license and with an honesty bar in each room, as well as one in the lounge. Ice is supplied every evening, but available on request at any other time. There is also the good selection of Walker Bay Wines available which are worth trying for visitors to the area to appreciate the flavour of the region.
There are numerous wine estates near Mosselberg as well as the magnificent Fernkloof Nature Reserve, whale watching, shark diving, horseback riding, golf, cycling, gym and scuba diving are also available to guests.
The rooms are individually decorated and named after different aspects of the area:
- Southern Right = Honeymoon Suite: the Southern Right Whale for which Hermanus has become known for
- Sugar Bird = Luxury Suite: the Cape Sugarbird with its long orange and yellowtail
- Fynbos = Luxury Suite: the Fynbos flora in the garden and surrounding areas
- Pinotage = Luxury Suite: the typical South African Pinotage grape, a cultivar originating from the Hermitage and Pinot Noir grapes
- Olives = Luxury Suite: Olives that are cultivated in the Hemel and Aarde Valley.
The bedrooms are luxuriously appointed with the following amenities:
- Kingsize Beds
- Single Beds (if requested)
- Mountain View
- Sea view/Slightly restricted view
- Bar fridge
- Coffee/tea kitchenette
- Heated towel rails
- Underfloor heating
- Telephone/Internet connection
- Own entrance
Facilities and Services
- A Lounge area with a Courtesy Bar
- A swimming pool
- Mossberg Conferencing facilities which can accommodate up to 100 delegates
- An in-room mini-bar
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
- Free Wireless Internet
- Games Room
- Safe off-street parking
- Baby Cots
- Beach towels and umbrellas
- the Southern Right Whale can be observed in Walkers Bay, Hermanus, from August to November
- the Cape Sugarbird with its long orange and yellowtail is an attraction for the enthusiastic bird watcher
- the uniqueness of the Fynbos flora in the garden and surrounding areas
- the typical South African Pinotage grape, a cultivar originating from the Hermitage and Pinot Noir grapes, several well-known wine estates can be visited
- Olives that are cultivated in the Hemel and Aarde Valley.
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Beverage Maker in Room
- Ceiling Fan
- Ensuite private bathroom
- Heated towel rails
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Underfloor Heating
Facilities Available at Mosselberg on Grotto Beach
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Hotel Bar
- Nearby golf course
- Nearby Gym
- Outdoor patio
- Pool table
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Wine cellar
More Information on Mosselberg on Grotto Beach
FAQs about Mosselberg on Grotto Beach
What is the contact number for reservations?
The contact number to make a reservation at Mosselberg on Grotto Beach is +27 (0)21 794 9050 and / or +27 (0) 827 823 142. Alternatively, you can check availability and book online by clicking here
Where is Mosselberg on Grotto Beach located?
The address of Mosselberg on Grotto Beach is: 253a 10th Street, Voelklip, Hermanus, Hermanus, 7200.