The Drakensberg Mountain Splendour Tour Overview
The Drakensberg Mountain Splendour Tour
Highlights of this full-day guided tour include the scenic drive via Pietermaritzburg and the Natal Midlands to South Africa's highest drivable mountain pass, Sani Pass. Travellers may admire the spectacular mountain scenery crossing into Lesotho where a light lunch in the hiker’s chalet on the edge of the escarpment may be enjoyed.
The scenic Sani Pass is located at the western end of KwaZulu-Natal's province of South Africa on the road between Underberg and Mokhotlong. This route connects KwaZulu-Natal and Lesotho. This pass in South Africa lies between the border controls of both countries and is approximately 9km in length.
- Natal Midlands
- South Africa's highest drivable mountain pass: Sani Pass
- spectacular mountain scenery crossing into Lesotho
- Light lunch in the hiker’s chalet on the edge of the Drakensberg escarpment
- Tour code: TIDM
- Full day tour
- Days: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Minimum participants: two
- Maximum participants: seven
- Departure location: Durban hotels at 06h30 am / please note that the collection times may vary subject to hotel collection route
- Vehicle type: Luxury Microbus
- Languages: English