Quick Facts: Woodstock
- Woodstock is nestled just outside of the Cape Town City Centre
- This area is known as the Design Centre of Cape Town
- Woodstock is one of Cape Town's fastest growing suburbs
- An eclectic mix of old and new and young and old can be found here
- The old industrial areas of Woodstock, are dotted with up and coming restaurants, bars, media houses, art galleries and shops
Distance to Airport: 15
Distance to City: 5
Woodstock is located between the slopes of the Devil’s Peak Mountain and the city of Cape Town. The face of Woodstock has been changing dramatically over the last few years and is quickly developing from a run-down industrial area to the design Centre of Cape Town.
The area is popular with young professionals, artists, film-makers and musicians. Many old Victorian-style homes can be found squeezed in between the skyscrapers in this region, and young adults have flocked to these, making the area their own. Trendy restaurants, innovative media offices, boutique stores, antique shops, furniture showrooms and gorgeous art galleries have popped-up in numbers during recent years.
This suburb epitomizes inner-city living and it is an area that never sleeps. Here village markets, coffee shops and businesses flourish throughout the day and at night a wide range of people come out to play. Here an eclectic mix of young and old, rich and poor and creative and business minded people live together in harmony.