Quick Facts: Pinetown
- Durban's suburb of Pinetown nestles between Kloof and Westville about 10 minutes from the city’s Berea
- Pinetown in Durban is home to one of the oldest cricket clubs in KwaZulu-Natal
- Pinetown is set at the foot of Field’s Hill providing easy access to the M13 and other major highways
- Pinetown extends between Caversham Glen and Manors
- This suburb in Durban was originally established in the mid 19th century around the Wayside Hotel, which was located directly on the wagon route between Durban and Pietermaritzburg
- New Germany Nature Reserve
- 1000 Hills Choo Choo
- Horse 'n Home Equestrian Centre
- Krantzkloof Nature Reserve
- Umkhumbane Flea Market
- Valley of 1000 Hills Route
- Pinetown Museum
- Mariannhill Monastery
Distance to Airport: 50 km
Distance to City: 20 km
Durban's suburb of Pinetown nestles between Kloof and Westville about 10 minutes from the city’s Berea. Pinetown in Durban is home to one of the oldest cricket clubs in KwaZulu-Natal. Pinetown is set at the foot of Field’s Hill which forms part of the annual Comrades Marathon providing easy access to the M13 and other major highways.
Pinetown extends between Caversham Glen and Manors. It was originally established in the mid 19th century around the Wayside Hotel, which was located directly on the wagon route between Durban and Pietermaritzburg.
Attractions in and in close proximity to Pinetown in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa)
New Germany Nature Reserve
The New Germany Reserve is a small reserve with a variety of picnic and braai sites, trails and a viewing hide. The reserve is home to zebra, monkeys, impala, other antelope and a bird aviary.
1000 Hills Choo Choo
The train runs between Durban's Kloof Station and Inchanga Station along the spectacular Valley of a 1000 Hills. The Inchanga Station is the location of the famous Inchanga Station Craft Market and numerous food outlets.
Horse 'n Home Equestrian Centre
Durban's Horse ‘n Home is a registered non profit organization. Horse 'n Home have rescued horses which are used for outrides and trail riding, party ponies, pony day camps and mounted games.
Krantzkloof Nature Reserve
Located about 4 kilometres from the centre of Kloof in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, the Krantzkloof Nature Reserve was established by the Natal Parks Board in 1950 and is home to an abundance of wildlife. Krantzkloof Nature reserve offers beautiful views across the well forested gorge cut by the Molweni River.
Umkhumbane Flea Market
The bustling Umkhumbane Flea Market is Durban's exiting trading spot, where the traditional meets the contemporary. Durban's Umkhumbane Flea Market is vibey with a variety of things to do and see in safe and pleasant surroundings.
Valley of 1000 Hills Route
The Valley of 1000 Hills Route is one of KwaZulu Natal's best kept secrets. The Valley of a 1000 Hills stretches around the magnificent valley created by the Mngeni River and its tributaries.
The Pinetown Museum in Durban is located in the library complex on the corner of Old Main Road and Crompton Street.
Visit to the Mariannhill Monastery
The Marianhill Monastery is located in Marianhill on the outskirts of Pinetown.