Quick Facts: Pilanesberg National Park
- No Malaria
- Short Distance to Johannesburg
- All of big five with an abundance of Elephant
- Children Friendly
Introducing Pilanesberg National Park
The Pilanesberg Game Reserve has many advantages over other national parks like the Kruger Park even.
- The reserve is about 2 hours and 40 min from Johannesburg Airport
- The lodge in a Malaria free area which is ideal for children, pregnant mothers, elderly and anyone adverse to Malaria medication.
- The Pilanesberg is home to all the big five and the elusive African Wild dog pack.
- The reserve is accessible to tar roads and as it is a National Park you can access the park in your car and no need for a 4x4 vehicle.
- The Reserve has the unique location with a variety of ecosystems allowing for a vast range of animals include everyone favourite the Giraffe.
- The park has Sun City on its doorstep so there is a large variety of accommodation and activities.
- Pilanesberg National Park is a crater of an ancient volcano, formed 1.3 billion years ago and lake in the middle of the park is the epicentre of the volcano.
- There are numerous animal hides in the park which are ideal for game watching and photographic opportunities.