Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel.
The five-star Tintswalo Atlantic Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoys a magnificent oceanfront location on the world-famous Chapman's Peak Road in Hout Bay, South Africa. The seaside town of Hout Bay in Cape Town is beautifully framed by scenic mountain ranges, overlooking a sheltered bay, and is home to a famous sandy beach. The Cape Town city centre and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront are only a 15 minutes' drive away along the spectacular coastal road leading via Llandudno and Camps Bay.
At this secluded seaside hideaway the spray of the waves, as it crashes against the rocks, can be felt. The hotel nestles in the Cape Mountain Reserve and surrounded by a dense variety of unique fauna and flora. From this pristine location, the hotel offers breathtaking views of the ocean, the mountains, and beach of Hout Bay, and from the inviting outdoor deck, guests can enjoy the most magnificent sunrises and sunsets.
The well-appointed and welcoming Luxury Suites reflect inspiration from famous islands around the world. The spacious and comfortable Luxury Suites are located virtually on the edge of the ocean and thus offer beautiful sea views. With a bit of luck, whales and dolphins, and seals can be spotted from here.
The Luxury Suites offer an extra-length double or twin bed, an en-suite bathroom, air conditioners, and a private deck. The boutique hotel's Presidential Suite is uniquely decorated and furnished to imitate the colours and experiences of the Elba and Corsica islands in the Mediterranean. The spacious entrance hall leads off to two separate en-suite rooms, which are connected by a lavish lounge. Both rooms and the room at the Presidential Suite face the ocean and provide stunning views.
- Robben Island Suite
- Ithaca Island Suite
- Lamu Island Suite
- Sicily Island Suite
- Sainte Marie Island Suite
- Cousine Island Suite
- Madura Island Suite
- Antigua Island Suite
- Princes’ Island Suite
- Zanzibar Island Suite
- Presidential Suite
The hotel offers guests a unique interactive kitchen where the chef can be observed while creating a delicious, imaginative meal. Guests are also invited to join the chef as he teaches them about gourmet cuisine. For guests who wish to explore some of the restaurants in the surrounding area, transfers can be arranged.
This five-star hotel blends in with its stunning mountain reserve environment. The hotel offers convenient services that guests can enjoy in this beautiful seafront setting. Guests are welcome to relax in the hotel's lounge or bar, as well as on the outside deck while enjoying an excellent wine selection from the hotel's cellar. The al fresco wooden deck features an outdoor Jacuzzi and loungers where you can enjoy a sundowner.
Below detailed information about the Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Bar Fridges in Room
- Butler service
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Heater in Room
- In-room safe
- Internet Access
- Local and International Newspapers
- Mini bar
- Modem Access
- Satellite TV
- Tea and coffee making facilities
The Tintswalo Atlantic kitchen is a very personal one, headed by the dynamic duo of two chefs. The culinary wizards' sole objective is to give guests the feeling of a home away from home. The kitchen and dining room are open plan and designed in such a way that guests are encouraged to have a seat at the counter with a glass of legendary Cape wine while watching the Tintswalo's chefs in action, as they weave their magic.
The long wooden deck at the magnificent five star Tintswalo Atlantic hotel in Hout Bay, Cape Town, features a heated Jacuzzi pool and comfortable loungers from where one has a feeling of being suspended over the ocean.
A massage therapist can be arranged for private treatments in the comfort of the guests suites.
Walking & Hiking
The magnificent mountain reserve which surrounds the Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel in Hout Bay has a multitude of paths and walkways for visitors to enjoy. Guests may also wander along the beach. The closest sandy beach is in Hout Bay.
Nearby activities & attractions
- Absorb the atmosphere at the busy working harbour of Hout Bay. During the week one can watch fishing trawlers and crayfish boats unload their catches
- Take a boat trip to Seal Island, a tiny island behind the Sentinel, which is densely populated by some 6000 seals
- Explore Table Mountain National Park on foot - there are numerous walks and hiking trails
- Spend the day exploring the nearby Constantia Winelands, birthplace to the wine farming industry in Cape Town
- Indulge in a spot of retail therapy at the V & A Waterfront, or at one of the other renowned shopping districts
- Visit the many attractions that the city of Cape Town offers
- Go on a Cape Peninsula day excursion to visit Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope
- A big attraction in Hout Bay is the World of Birds. This is the largest bird park in Africa and one of the few large bird parks in the world. Over 3 000 birds (and small animals) of 400 different species are uniquely presented in more than 100 spacious landscaped walk through aviaries
- For the more adventurous there’s sea kayaking
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Nearby golf course
- Nearby Gym
- Open Air Boma
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Travel desk
- Undercover and surface parking
- Wine cellar
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Butler service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity in all rooms and public areas
- Concierge services
- Doctor on call
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Laundry services
- Luxury transfer service within a 20km/12 mile radius
- Massage treatments
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Voice mail
- Wake-up call
- Wellness & Beauty treatments
- # Rooms:
Robben Island Suite
- Pays tribute to the esteemed Mr. Nelson Mandela
- Provides a quirky and yet very real reminder to those who wish to reflect on South Africa's transition.
Ithaca Island Suite
- Based on the Greek island representing Greece and Grecian style
- Theme is blues and indigos offset with whites, creams and natural organic textures.
Lamu Island Suite
- Room reflects natural and organic elements
- Portrays a relaxed environment
Sicily Island Suite
- The suite is formal and pays tribute to Italian style.
Sainte Marie Island Suite
- It is the most feminine suite of the collection and its decor is very vibrant.
Cousine Island Suite
- The aqua colors are reminiscent of the beautiful color of the sea in and around its coral reefs.
Madura Suite @ Tintswalo Atlantic
- The most masculine suite - in blues and browns - represents the Balinese islands with their lovely use of carved wood, exuding a naturally warm and inviting atmosphere.
Antigua Island Suite
- This suite will appeal to those who have a sense of fun. A true Caribbean feel with bright colors of blue and yellow.
Princes' Island Suite
- This Suite uses terracotta and clay colors evoke a warm, yet fresh ambiance.
Zanzibar Suite @ Tintswalo Atlantic
- This room has a vibrant historical identity and color and is perfect for those guests who enjoy a little history.
2 Bedroom Luxury Suite
Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel Specials
There are currently no specials for the Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Cape Town International Airport
1. Head southeast toward Drop Off Rte 400 m
2. Continue straight onto Ring 150 m
3. Slight right to stay on Ring 92 m
4. Slight left to stay on Ring 400 m
5. Continue onto Airport Approach Rd 1.4 km
6. Continue onto Settlers Way 550 m
7. Take the ramp onto Settlers Way/N2 10.5 km
8. Take the exit onto M3
Entering toll zone in 2.3 km at Exits 8-Rondebosch
Leaving toll zone in 3.4 km 4.1 km
9. Turn right at Rhodes Dr/M63 2.5 km
10. Turn right to stay on Rhodes Dr/M63
Continue to follow M63
Entering toll zone in 450 m at Klaassens Rd
Leaving toll zone in 3.0 km at Old Rhodes Dr
Entering toll zone in 5.0 km
Leaving toll zone in 5.8 km
Go through 1 roundabout 10.1 km
11. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Main Rd/M6
Continue to follow M6
Entering toll zone in 2.8 km
Go through 1 roundabout 4.9 km
Tintswalo Atlantic Hotel
Chapmans Peak Drive, Hout Bay, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
The Tintswalo Atlantic luxury boutique hotel is located in Cape Town, two kilometers from Hout Bay on the Chapman's Peak road. It is approximately a 45 minute drive from Cape Town International Airport, and 25 minutes from the city of Cape Town.
Guests who are driving themselves to the oceanside Tintswalo Atlantic hotel leave their car in a secure parking area at the top of the cliff - shortly after passing through the Chapman's Peak toll gate. From there, guests are transferred via a steep single track to the hotel by the Tintswalo Atlantic courtesy vehicle.
- SATSA (Southern Africa Tourism Services Association)