Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
- Star Rating:
- Hotel Type:
- City, Business, Conference, Leisure
- Address: 1 Lower Buitengracht Street
Cape Town 8002
Popular Specials this Month
Stay for 4 nights at the Southern Sun Waterfront hotel in Cape Town and only pay for 3 nights. Enjoy... More
Stay for 5 nights at the Southern Sun Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa, and only pay for 4 nigh... More
The stunning Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel can be found in Cape Town at the entrance to the famous V&A Waterfront. This hotel is situated on a convienent location, within walking distance of the city as well as variety of attractions while Table Mountain and the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay are located within a short drive of this Cape Town hotel.
The Southern Sun Waterfront is a large hotel with almost 600 rooms. This popular property features a wide array of facilities to cater towards both business and leisure travellers. On offer is a restaurant as well as a separate breakfast room, a bar, gym, sparkling pool, secure parking and a variety of meeting rooms as well as a convenient business centre.
Room service, babysitting, and a shuttle service to and from the Waterfront are also available upon request. The Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel's secluded swimming pool area provides the ideal spot for guests to relax and refresh following a busy day of sightseeing or business dealings. A dedicated concierge desk at the hotel is open 24 hours a day for the guests’ convenience, assisting with all travel, tours and car hire requirements.
Services at the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel, Cape Town:
- Secretarial services
- PC, Printing and Facsimile services
- Wireless internet
- Self service workstation
- Laundry, dry cleaning and shoe shining on request
- Wake-up calls
- Doctor and dentist on call
Undercover parking at nominal charge - (24 hour security)
No pets permitted. Guide dogs allowed.
Hotel room accommodation at the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel:
- Satellite TV
- Direct dial telephone
- In-room movies
- Coffee and tea facilities
- Iron and ironing board availableon request
- Mini bar (executive rooms & suites only)
- En-suite bathroom
- Trouser press (executive rooms & suites only)
- Work desk
Sightseeing places, landmarks and attractions which are easily accessible from the Southern Sun Waterfront Hotel:
- Cape Town International Airport 20 km
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront ( shops and restaurants)1 km
- Grand West Casino 15 km
- Clifton Beach and Camps Bay Beach 5 km
- Newlands Rugby and Cricket Stadium 10 km
- Table Mountain cable car station 1 km
- Lionshead and Signal Hill 1 km
- Cape Town International Convention Centre CTICC 500 meters
- Cape Winelands
- Cape Peninsula, Cape Point, Cape Point National Park
Modern, chic and spaciously comfortable, the hotel rooms at the Southern Sun Waterfront hotel in Cape Town offer guests a rejuvenating, fully serviced escape.
The décor is tasteful and classy with an edge. Amenities cater for all possible requirements and include 24 hour in room dining and a host of channels available on satellite. Business travellers can make use of the in room wireless internet access and the workstation with work lamp.
Hotel room amenities and services:
- tea and coffee making facilities
- air conditioning
- internet access
- porter service
- room service
- smoking rooms are available
- wheelchair rooms are available
Single Room: R1270.00
Double Room: R1450.00
Unique cuisine and relaxed dining are just two of the many aspects that make this a simply superb dining experience to all restaurant guests.
The Yizani Restaurant at the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town hotel is inspired by everything local and is authentically South African. Yizani translates as “Come in...Welcome” in Xhosa, and is perfectly appropriate in that this restaurant offers a world-class welcome that sets the scene for the experience to follow.
Address: 1 Upper Buitengracht Street, Cape Town 8002, Western Cape, South Africa
Activities / Sports and Leisure
The Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town hotel features a fully equipped gym which is accessible to all hotel guests.
The outdoor swimming pool at the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town is ideal for guests who enjoy a fresh dip in cool waters.
- Clifton Beach, Camps Bay Beach
- Green Point Stadium
- Rondebosch Golf Course
- Table Mountain hiking trails and cable car
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront Shopping Mall
- Canal Walk Shopping Mall
- South African Museum and Planetarium
- Iziko Museum of Cape Town
- Newlands Rugby and Cricket Stadiums
- Artscape Theatre
- Two Oceans Aquarium
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
- Cape Wine routes
- False Bay Whale Watching
- Gansbaai Shark Cage Diving
- Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC)
Conferences and Events
Conference venues at the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town hotel include two well appointed meeting rooms which can cater for groups between 10 and 60 persons. These exclusive boardrooms are fully serviced and can be tailor-made to suit different event and meeting requirements.
Conference venues at the Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town:
- Boardroom 1
- Boardroom 2
- Flip Charts and Pens
- Whiteboard and Pens
- Conference Notepads and Pencils
- Data Projector and DVD
- Business Centre
- Courier Service
- Facsimile services
- Full Business Centre with internet connectivity
- Mail & postal services
- Wireless Internet Access
Cape Town International Airport
1. Head north on New Eisleben Rd toward Miller St 1.1 km
2. Turn right at Borcherds Quarry Rd 33 m
3. Take the ramp onto Settlers Way 12.8 km
4. Take the exit onto De Waal Dr 1.1 km
5. Continue onto Eastern Blvd 3.9 km
6. Take the exit onto Eastern Blvd 1.2 km
7. Continue onto Buitengracht St
Destination will be on the left 0.1 km
Southern Sun Waterfront Cape Town
1 Upper Buitengracht Street, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Well appointed hotel rooms, excellent breakfast room, Swimming pool was an ideal spot to relax and refresh following a busy day of sightseeing
Awesome hotel, close to the V&A Waterfront & Great Views of Table Mountain. We enjoyed our stay here and will recommend this hotel to our friends and relatives.
Yusuf Moodley - Durban / South Africa
My husband and I would like to thank your company (South African Tourism Company www.south-african-hotels.com) for managing our booking so excellently. We did not experience any hiccups at all. We will still use your company for future bookings.
Regarding the rating at the hotel, we can say item 1-3 is excellent, item 4 is rated poor and overall impression is good. The issue of cleanliness should be looked at.
1. Location: excellent
2. Friendliness: excellent
3. Value for money: excellent
4. Cleanliness: poor
5. Overall impression: good
Lawrence and Kwena Mapoulo