Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank.
The Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Hotel by InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and owned by the Hospitality Property Fund (HPF) underwent a 315-million rand refurbishment in 2009. The hotel is on the corner of Tyrwhitt and Sturdee Avenues in Johannesburg's exclusive suburb of Rosebank. This five-star 300 room hotel has an excellent location and carries international branding and standards of the InterContinental Hotels Group.
The chic and stylish Crowne Plaza has a neutral palette as a background to allow for an extraordinary change in ambience between night and day using the evening to alter the colours. Fanciful, romantic furniture with a classical learning is interspersed among contemporary, clean items at this modern Hotel.
The furniture and finishes include thick velours and silver leafing to metallic crocodile skin vinyl and crystal beaded curtains. Individual seating pods which link the bar and lounge can rotate behind soft, shimmering metal curtaining, where guests can decide the colour of each pod and also in which direction to face.
The luxurious 5-star Hotel features 318 guests rooms which are made up of several room types best to accommodate the different needs and requirements of guests.
- 193 standard rooms (south tower) - 134 twins, 59 kings of which, 2 are disabled rooms (south tower)
- 19 Jr. suites (south tower) - 4 twins, 15 king
- 101 deluxe rooms (north tower) - 6 twins, 95 king
- 4 Executive suites (north tower) - all king
- 1 Ultimate Suite (north tower) - king.
The Standard hotel rooms are elegantly appointed with modern furnishings. These 193 standard hotel rooms are ideal for sharing and for conferencing guests as they offer an option for twin beds. Crisp white linen and soft bedding enhance the warm ambience of the stylishly furnished bedrooms. Also on hand is a pillow menu which includes goose down and non-allergenic, to add to total guest comfort and relaxation.
An executive workstation allows guests to catch up on their paperwork in the comfort of their superior accommodation. The sun block curtains are ideal for an afternoon siesta. Each room is fully equipped with a minibar, individually controlled air-conditioning, in-room laptop safe, wireless internet connection, satellite TV and hairdryer. There are two Standard hotel rooms which cater for persons with disabilities.
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Sony Bravia LCD TV's with 28 DTSV channels
- Sony radio's with i-pod docking station
- In-room, laptop friendly safe
- En-suite bathroom with oversized shower
- Free wireless internet access
- Salon quality hairdryer
- En-suite bathrooms with oversized shower
Services and Facilities
- All day dining restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Circle Bar
- The Rosebank Café - Coffee Shop
- Croft & Co Boutique
- Swimming pool
- Fully equipped, 24-hour gym
- Room service
- Valet parking
- Wireless internet access in throughout the property
- Laptop-friendly seating areas throughout the lobby area
- Chauffeur service
- Concierge service, travel desk
- 24-hour services (front desk and room service)
- Luggage and storage facilities
- Ample parking
- Paraplegic friendly hotel environment
- Laundry & valet service, dry cleaning service.
- Business Center
- Wireless internet
- Lobby area conducive to one on one meetings
- Business expresses check-in & checkout
- Secure, quiet environment
- Selection of national and international newspapers
- 28 DSTV channels
- Double glazed windows
- Business centre and secretarial facilities
- 24-hour executive lounge.
- Relaxation area
- Reflexology pool
- Two steam rooms
- Seven treatment rooms
- Duo-treatment room
- Hydrotherapy room.
Located 2.7 km away from the Wanderers Cricket Stadium, 400 Meters from the Rosebank Mall, 700 meters from Gautrain Station which will get you to the Oliver Tambo Johannesburg Airport in 20 minutes. The Hotel has a convenient location provides for an ideal accommodation option for business travellers and tourists alike. The O.R. Tambo Johannesburg International Airport is only a 35 - minute drives away from the Hotel.
The Hotel in the suburb of Rosebank, near centres of Johannesburg and Sandton as well as close to the N1 and M1 highways. This luxury hotel in Johannesburg, Gauteng, is readily available from Midrand and Pretoria. This newly renovated Hotel has three large shopping malls at walking distance.
- Rooftop market
- The Johannesburg Zoo
- The Apartheid Museum
- The Cradle of Human Kind and
- The Lion Park.
Below detailed information about the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- En-suite / private bathroom
- In room safe
- Internet Access
- Mini bar
- Satellite TV
Butcher Block Executive Grill
A restaurant that has turned carvery into a fine art, it is popular for its steaks and friendly service. The Butcher Block offers an intimate and relaxing dining experience. The steaks are aged at controlled temperatures to ensure texture, flavor and color. The meat is then grilled to a level of perfection, uniquely Butcher Block's. A steak from the Butcher Block is always cooked to perfection.
To make a booking: www.butcherblock.co.za
Rosebank has a chic restaurant called Fresh, which is taking a culinary journey across the continents. Fresh offers a different perspective to the art of good food with emphasis on using fresh ingredients. Enjoy watching chefs making the dishes in the open plan kitchen. Served in comfortable and casual venue, explore the world of food with dishes from all 4 corner of the world. The dishes are freshly prepared and presented buffet style with a spread of international traditional dishes served with a South African twist to cater for different tastes.
Enjoy the best coffee, fresh sandwiches or a deli-style snack created by the chef. Located in the Main Lobby and is open from early mornings to evenings and serves delectable light snacks and drinks, it's ideal for a quick bite or short meetings in the lounge area.
A great spot to have a pre-dinner drink or to have an informal meeting. The Circle Bar is in the main lobby and makes very good cocktails to and the space is very comfortable with leather seats and color changing pods.
Guests are welcome to escape the buzz if the city in the modern zen built spa. The Spa has created an amazing space. The treatment room are all modern with state of the equipment. A place of tranquility and sense of well being will rejuvenate you.
- Relaxation area
- Reflexology pool
- 2 steam rooms
- 7 treatment rooms
- duo-treatment room
- hydrotherapy room
- Kurhula ritual
- Jewel of Africa Massage
- Amani hydro journey
For bookings: email@example.com
Staying in a club rooms gives you access to the Club Lounge. The Lounge offers complimentary express breakfast and refreshments. This is the ideal place for a meetings or to check mail or enjoy a cup coffee in the Zen garden.
The Zen garden is located next to the Fresh restaurant. The beautiful garden is a simple yet beautiful open garden offering sculptured plants & rocks and mixed with sound of water creates a soothing refreshing space. The Zen garden is perfect for serving tea.
The hotel has a Convenience Shop which stocks all those forgotten items during packing. The shop sells all branded items from the hotel such as bath robes and towels to the hotels signature fragrance. Feel free to stop by and get souvenirs or presents for family back home.
For the fitness enthusiasts, the five star Rosebank Crown Plaza Hotel Johannesburg' gym is equipped with the latest equipment from internationally renowned Technogym and comes with iPod docking stations. The gym is open 24 hours and staffed by personal trainer during the day. The training professionals offer additional services such as Full body statistical analysis as well as supervised specialty workouts, lifestyle modification programs and personal fitness sessions.
Nearby activities & attractions
- Rosebank Mall & African Craft Market - 300m
- Johannesburg Zoo - 2km
- Golf Clubs and Cricket Grounds - 4km
- Sandton City - 5km
- Constitutional Hill - 5km
- Civic Theatre - 5km
- Coca Cola Park Stadium - 10km
- Gold Reef City (Casino and Theme Park) - 15km
- Apartheid Museum - 15km
- Soweto - 35km
- Lesedi Cultural Village - 40km
- Cradle of Humankind - 40km
- Lion Park - 40km
- Sun City Resort, Casino & Entertainment Centre (Cabanas, Cascades, Sun City and The Palace of the Lost City Hotel) 200km
- Pilanesburg National Park, (home to the big 5, game viewing and over 360 bird species) - 200km
The hotel has 7 meeting venues.Three of the conference have natural light and can be set up in a variety of layouts and adapted to meet the specific needs of any event. The 7 conference facilities cater for any amount of people between 15 to 260 people. The hotel is one of the few hotels in Johannesburg which is able to host 260 conference guests and offer 280 hotel rooms under one roof.
All the conference venues have digital signage for ease of location. The conference rooms are all equipped with audio visual connectivity. The Rosebank has a modern business center open to all hotel guests. The center has three work stations with full internet access as well as faxing, copying and scanning capabilities.
- Maximum 14 people - (U Shape or Schoolroom seating)
- Ceiling Mounted Projector
- Maximum 24 people - (U Shape, Schoolroom or round seating)
- Audio visual equipment can be available on request
- Maximum 45 people - (Schoolroom or round seating)
- Ceiling mounted projector and screen
- Maximum 32 people - (Schoolroom or round seating)
- Maximum 84 people - (Schoolroom, round or cinema seating)
- Ceiling mounted projector and screen
- Maximum 155 cinema style
Looking out onto the swimming pool, the Executive Boardroom at the Hotel has a fully equipped permanent boardroom table with audio visual connectivity which is linked to a 360 inch LCD screen. This room has a capacity to sit 14 people. Equipment includes, DVD player, laptop audio and video conferencing unit.
The hotel has a fully equipped Business Center on the ground floor providing for all business needs. The center offers excellent secretarial services along with any IT assistance. The hotel provides a full range of business services:
- Including high-speed
- Wireless internet access
- Scanning & copying
The business center has 3 workstations, one of which has a Apple Mac. It is manned between 06h30 to 21h00 but is accessible 24 hours to hotel guests, using their guestroom key.
- Boardroom Facilities
- Business Centre
- Cocktail Bar
- Conference venue
- Logo shop
- Nearby Casino
- Nearby Spa
- Outdoor patio
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- 24 - hour room service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Luggage storage
- Wake-up call
- # Rooms:
The Hotel in Johannesburg, features 319 elegantly furnished rooms with all beds are fitted with Chrysalis Linen mattress toppers and dressed with 210 thread count premium cotton bed linen. These standards combined with the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program ensure that guests wake up refreshed and revived.
The hotel rooms unique features are:
- i-Pod docking station
- Wireless connectivity and Sony Bravia “S” series LCD televisions with 28 dedicated DSTV channels.
- Laptop friendly safes
- Stocked mini bars and tea/coffee facilities add to the comfort.
- Bathroom are fitted with Hansgrohe Raindance showers.
Standard Hotel Rooms
The 194 standard hotel have modern furnishings and ideal for sharing as they have option for twin beds. Crisp white linen and soft bedding enhance the warm ambiance of the stylishly furnished bedrooms. Also on hand is a pillow menu which includes goose down and non-allergenic, to add to total guest comfort and relaxation. There are two Standard hotel rooms that cater for persons with disabilities. An executive work station allows guests to catch up on their paperwork in the comfort of their superior accommodation. The sun block curtains are ideal for an afternoon siesta.
Hotel room features:
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- In-room laptop friendly safe
- Wireless internet connection
- Satellite TV
King Deluxe Club
Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Specials
There are currently no specials for the Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
OR Tambo International Airport
Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa
1. Head south 550 m
2. Take the 2nd right 350 m
3. Take the ramp to Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 220 m
4. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 and merge onto Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R24 8.3 km
5. Take the exit onto R24 1.7 km
6. Take the exit toward Eastern Bypass/N3 500 m
7. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Eastern Bypass/N3 and merge onto Eastern Bypass/N3 5.1 km
8. Take exit 119-Edenvale for R25 600 m
9. Turn left at Modderfontein Rd/R25 Continue to follow R25 6.6 km
10. Slight left at Louis Botha Ave/R25 120 m
11. Turn right at Louis Rd/R25 Continue to follow R25 3.9 km
12. Turn right at Oxford Rd/M9 700 m
13. Turn left at Bolton Rd/M20 550 m
14. Turn right at Blandford Rd 13 m
15. Continue onto Sturdee Ave 400 m
16. Turn right at Tyrwhitt Ave Destination will be on the right 61 m
Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank Hotel
Cnr Tyrwhitt & Sturdee Avenues, Rosebank, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Secure on site parking facilities for guests:
- additional charge
- many parking spaces: more than 255 parking bays
- on site
Circle Bar top of the list in the GQ Magazine’s “10 favourite cocktail hangouts”
The Circle Bar at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg. The trendy, fun and chic bar is perfect for sundowners, pre-dinner drinks or late night fun. The Circle Bar’s specialty is serving cocktails and the exciting cocktail menu has been designed by former world champion mixologist Kurt Schlechter.
Prudential Eat Out Restaurant Awards
Eat Out Magazine select foodies from across South Africa to review and select the best South African restaurants. The Butcher Block at the Crown Plaza Johannesburg hotel was selected as one the best restaurants in South Africa.