The Splendid Inn Port Edward used to be known as the Premier Hotel Edwardian is an Italian style resort is in the small coastal town of Port Edward on the beautiful South Coast of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. This Port Edward Hotel features air-conditioned bedrooms, which include deluxe studio units, one bedroom unit, and three bedroom units, which are ideal for both families and business travellers.
The Splendid hotel features a total of 75 rooms, which includes 69 deluxe rooms, two one-bedroom units, and four three-bedroom units. The hotel rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, en-suite bathrooms, in-room safes, tea, and coffee making facilities and colour TVs with selected channels.
An ideal Port Edward getaway where one can relax, unwind and enjoy exceptional food with outstanding wine. The resort offers guests different choices of dining experiences: the warm, Old Mariners Restaurant or the Wine Cellar Cafe, which is complete with a cellar.
Both dining areas offer the same menu that reflects the ethics of working closely with local farmers ensuring that the team of expert chefs is always working local produce from around the area. The food which is served can be described as Modern African with a Retro influence - straightforward and efficient, ensuring that the taste and composition of each dish are executed with perfection.
Facilities and Services
The Splendid Inn Port Edward Hotel offers amongst others, the following services, and services to its guests:
- swimming pool
- shoe polishing
- car wash
- wake up calls
- hospitality lounge
- Concierge services
- luggage storage
- restaurant and golf bookings
- guest relations desk
- 24 reception service
- room service
- Babysitting facilities
Below detailed information about the Splendid Inn Port Edward is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Air Conditioning
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- Tea and coffee making facilities
This Hotel offers diners a choice of delicious a-la-carte or buffet meals in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
The Hotel features an outdoor swimming pool.
- shark cage diving
- water skiing
Port Edward is home to beautiful beaches which are protected for swimmers. Silver Beach, a popular fishing destination, is one such beach. The beachfront is also home to South Africa's longest Supertube. Port Edward is a popular holiday destination as the beaches in this area are well suited for fishing, water sports, swimming and diving.
The immediate area of Umtamvuna offers guests interesting places to visit like the Beaver Creek Coffee Farm and various Art & Craft Studios. Guests can also visit the historical attractions like Tragedy hill and St. Joao Shipwreck.
The Premier Hotel Edwardian has a well equipped conference center and is the perfect place for your next conference or team building session. With a variety of venues the hotel is able to cater for any conference, big or small and every package will be tailor made to suit the clients specific requirements. The banqueting department assists to arrange the perfect gala dinner, matric farewell, wedding or year end function. Whether it is formal, informal or a theme evening.
A typical conference day package:
- Tea or coffee on arrival
- Tea, coffee and mid-morning snacks
- A buffet style lunch offered at the hotel (a set menu will be applicable for groups of less than 10 delegates)
- Mid-afternoon tea or coffee and a snack
Standard conference equipment:
- Flip chart
- Overhead projector for presentations
- Stationary for the first day
- Mints, cordial and water
- Conference venue
- Nearby golf course
- Swimming Pool
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Internet connection
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- # Rooms:
The Premier Hotel Edwardian's 40 air-conditioned bedrooms, which include 33 deluxe studio units, 5 one bedroom and 2 three bedroom units, make it perfectly suited for both families and for the business traveler. The hotel rooms feature air-conditioning, private balconies, en-suite bathrooms, tea & coffee making facilities and select DSTV bouquet.
Deluxe Room amenities:
- Private balconies
- En-suite bathrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities
- Select DSTV bouquet
Splendid Inn Port Edward Specials
There are currently no specials for the Splendid Inn Port Edward.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
Port Elizabeth Airport (PLZ)
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
1. Head southwest toward De Havilland St 290 m
2. Turn right at De Havilland St 160 m
3. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Aerodrome Way/M11 750 m
4. Turn right at Heugh Rd/M9 Continue to follow M9 2.3 km
5. Keep left at the fork 27 m
6. Slight left at Settlers Way/M4 6.7 km
7. Take the ramp on the right onto National Rd Bypass/N2 13.5 km
8. Take exit 764 toward Neptune Rd 160 m
9. Keep left at the fork to continue toward Neptune Rd and merge onto Neptune Rd 3.8 km
10. Turn right at R102 2.4 km
11. Continue straight onto R334 9.9 km
12. Turn left at National Rd Bypass/N2 (signs for Grahamstown) Continue to follow N2 20.5 km
13. Merge onto N2 via the ramp to Grahamstown/R72/Port Alfred 196 km
14. Turn right at Alexandra Rd/N2 Continue to follow N2 276 km
15. Turn left at Madeira St/N2 Continue to follow N2 162 km
16. Turn right at R394 33.5 km
17. Turn left at R61 28.9 km
18. Turn right to stay on R61 55.0 km
19. Turn right at Ramsey Ave 130 m
20. Turn right Destination will be on the right 47 m
Premier Hotel Edwardian
Cnr of Ramsey Avenue & Main Rd, Port Edward, Eastern Cape, South Africa
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.