Nosy Iranja Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Nosy Iranja Lodge.
The Nosy Iranja Beach Resort is near Nosy Be island off the northwest coast of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean of Southern Africa. It is here where sandy beaches, the warm and blue ocean, natural coral reefs, breathtaking sunsets and the resort's exclusive facilities and services make for an unforgettable beach holiday.
Nosy Iranja, which is sometimes referred to as the "Turtles' Island", is where turtles bury their eggs in the white beaches. This sanctuary is also home to unique local flora and fauna, which complements the blue waters of the ocean and the natural coral reefs, abundant with exotic fish. Set among tropical and lush gardens where inviting hammocks swing across the verandas, this island hideaway in Madagascar offers visitors the ultimate beach holiday, where comfortable beach accommodation, delicious cuisine and fun-filled activities await.
The well-appointed chalets feature mini-bars, ceiling fans, tea/coffee making facilities, safes, en-suite bathrooms with shower and toilet, 100/220V electric razor plugs, hair dryers and a dressing-room. Each room provides a private terrace with a garden, deck chairs, a hammock, a coffee table, and foot showers, from where beautiful ocean views can be enjoyed.
Facilities and services
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor entertainment area
- Beach with sunbeds
- Business Center (Internet, TV and library)
- Special buffet dinners on the beach
- Special private dinners for honeymoon couples
- Spa massages
- Souvenir shop
- Babysitting service and baby cots
- Viewing of sea turtles (egg laying and hatching)
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
- Sailing boat and Hobie Cat
- Walking to the village on the more significant island
- Trip around the Iranja Twin Islands
- Dolphins, sea turtles and whale watching
- Boat trip: Baramahamay (half day) and Baie des Russes (half day)
- Bottom fishing and deep sea fishing
- Water skiing and wake-boarding
The resort's conference venue can accommodate 30 guests. Audiovisual equipment, such as a data projector, an overhead projector, a television and video machine, flip charts, a micro, and a wall screen, is available to conference delegates.
Getting to the Lodge
Where do we fly to?
- Guests visiting the beach resort in Madagascar fly to Nosy Be. There are flights available via Antananarivo, which is the capital of Madagascar. Passengers should be in Nosy Be in time for the last boat transfer to the island, which is at 16:00 / 4:00 pm (subject to change).
How long is the flight?
- 3 and a half hours Flight from Johannesburg
- 1 - hour flight from the city of Antananarivo
How long is the boat transfer to the Island?
- 1 and 30 minutes.
Below detailed information about the Nosy Iranja Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- CD player
- Ceiling Fan
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Iranja Lodge Restaurant
The Iranja Lodge Restaurant, with its distinctive hexagonal shape, can be found on the north western point of the island. Offering a sumptuous array of flavours, ranging from international cuisine to local Malagasy specialties, the Iranja Lodge Restaurant is everything one would expect to find on a tropical paradise island. Guests are invited to visit the uniquely hexagonal restaurant and sample dishes infused with natural vanilla from the Sambava region, coconut or famous Malagasy pepper.
Guests at the Nosy Iranja Lodge in Madagascar are invited to enjoy the traditional messages with unique and relaxing Madagascan oils.
The Lodge has an array of dive packages available. All instructors are IDC PADI accredited.
Diving Packages include:
- SCUBAPRO equipment
- Use of the specially designed diving boat
- Tailor-made courses from beginners to dive master
- More than 25 Diving sites with the best visibility (up to 40m)
With some of the best fishing in the world to be enjoyed at this Resort therefore why not enjoy some fishing, bottom fishing or deep sea fishing (if requested 2 days in advance).
- Wake-boarding and wake snaking
- Dive boat excursions
- Snorkeling within a 10min trip from the resort.
- Hobby cat and Gypsy
- Visit the light house at Iranja Be
- Beach volleyball, badminton and petanque / boule
- Darts, pool table and ping pong table
- Guests can also join in a game of soccer with the locals on Iranja Be
- Trip around Nosy Iranja
- Search for Dolphins and Sea Turtles
- Surrounding of Ankazoberavina
- Nosy Tanikely
- Russian Bay / Baie des Russes
- Nosy Komba (to see the lemurs)
Guests have access to the resort's gym facilities.
Four species of dolphin are found in this region of Madagascar and can occasionally be seen either from the terrace or by going out on one of the planned excursions, these are:
- Humpback Dolphins:
- Spinner Dolphins:
- Bottlenose Dolphins:
- Electra Dolphins:
The whale season lasts from the beginning of August until the middle of December in Madagascar and there are two whale species found in this region and can sometimes be seen from the Lodge which are:
- Humpback Whale
- Fin or Common Whale
Conference and Groups at Nosy Iranja
The conference room at the Nosy Iranja Beach Resort has the capacity and flexibility to cater for functions for up to 30 guests. Audio-visual equipment includes overhead projector, data projector, flip charts, television and video machine, micro, wall screen, overhead table.
- Conference venue
- Hotel Bar
- Sea Views
- Sun deck
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:00
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Doctor on call
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- Tours & Transfers on Request
Children under the age of 12 (maximum one child per junior chalet and 2 per senior cottage) can be accommodated at 50% of the accommodation rate on a room only basis if sharing with two adults at the Nosy Iranja Lodge in Madagascar. Children occupying their chalets will be charged the full adult rate. Children under 12 will be charged at a rate of 50% of all meal rates (excluding beverages) and 50% of transfer rates.
Deluxe/Family Suite Double
- # Rooms:
All chalets at the Nosy Iranja Resort in Madagascar feature ceiling fans, safes, minibars, CD players, en-suite bathrooms with shower and toilet, tea/coffee making facilities, electric razor plug 100/220V, a hair dryer and a dressing-room. Each room at this magnificent beach resort has a private terrace with a private garden, ocean view, a hammock, deck chairs, armchairs, a coffee table and foot showers.
12 x Deluxe Family Suite features:
- Sleeps up to four adults (with an option to add two more beds for children under the age of 12)
- Sea views
- King-size beds
- Ceiling fans
- CD players
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Digital safes.
- Private terrace which is equipped with two sunbeds, a hammock, two armchairs, two long chairs
17 X Deluxe Suite features:
- Sleeps two adults, although an extra bed can be added for one child under the age of 12
- Sea views
- King-size bed
- Ceiling fan
- CD player
- Tea and coffee-making facilities
- Digital safe.
- Private terrace, which is equipped with two sunbeds, a hammock, two armchairs, two long chairs
Nosy Iranja Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Nosy Iranja Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.