Mount Sheba a Forever Lodge Reviews & Information
Use the drop down below to find out more information about Mount Sheba a Forever Lodge.
The four-star Mount Sheba A Forever Lodge, which is in the rolling hills above the town of Pilgrims Rest, is a spectacular hideaway for anyone who enjoys being outdoors with spectacular vistas. It is surrounded by well-marked footpaths which lead guests through indigenous forests and up onto wide open grassy plains.
The rooms and the suites feature fireplaces which provide comfort and warmth during the winter months and make for a cosy setting. Welcoming children of all ages, the family rooms are spacious featuring private balconies from which to enjoy the natural surroundings. This country-style mount Sheba Hotel is in proximity to the town of Pilgrims Rest and the scenic Panorama Route. The area is famous for it forest walks and local history of the discovery of gold in the local rivers.
The accommodation features a total of 26 hotel rooms and suites. Family rooms, baby cots as well as inter-leading rooms can be requested. Three of the Standard Twin Rooms feature sleeper couches in the lounge, which can accommodate two children sharing with their parents. The Suite is larger than the Standard Rooms and has a private bar and a porch.
Hotel room types:
- 10 Standard Twin Rooms (split level with a lounge)
- 14 Standard Double Rooms
- 1 Suite with lounge.
Hotel room features:
- Private porch or balcony
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Extensive range of customised toiletries
- TV with selected channels
- Direct dial telephones.
Facilities and Services
- Guest lounge and games room
- Trout dam for fishing
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Solarium and sauna
- Squash and Tennis Courts
- Pool/snooker room
- Nature walking trails
- 24-hour reception services.
The Chandelier Restaurant features a 3-course dinner menu in the evening offering contemporary local cuisine. The meals are made fresh on the day ranging from delicious home-baked bread to the butternut soup. The restaurant has an excellent wine cellar which pairs well with the food. The Owl and Trout Pub is a perfect place for pre-dinner and after dinner drinks. The Hacketts Poolside bar serves a light lunch and refreshments at the outdoor swimming pool, and room service is available throughout the day.
- Mountain biking
- Forest hikes
- Horseback riding
- Picnics in the forest
- Trout fishing
- Panning for gold.
Below detailed information about the Mount Sheba a Forever Lodge is available.
For any queries regarding this hotel, you are welcome to contact us.
- Ensuite / Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Sumptuous breakfasts and delicious dinners are served at the in house restaurant of the Mount Sheba Country Hotel in Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- The Chandelier Restaurant
- Hacketts Poolside Restaurant
- The Owl and Trout Bar
- The Prospector Bar
- Room Service
The Mount Sheba Country Hotel offers guests access to its on site sauna.
Guests may enjoy a challenging match of squash during their stay at the four star Mount Sheba Country Hotel, Mpumalanga.
The Mount Sheba Hotel invites guests for a refreshing swim in the swimming pool.
Table tennis provides for great entertainment at the Mount Sheba Country Hotel.
Board games are available to guests to enjoy fun filled days with family and friends.
Trout fishing is excellent in this region of South Africa and attracts many keen fishermen from all over the country.
- Gold Panning Tours
- Horse Riding
- Blyde River Canyon
- Bourkes Luck Potholes
- Casper’s Neck
- Gods Window
- Pilgrims Rest
- Abel Erasmus Pass
- Long Tom Pass
- Blyde River Dam
- Canyon Berlin Falls
- Lisbon Falls
- Panoramic Route
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Horse Shoe Falls
- Lone Creek Falls
- Sabie Hoek Falls
- Sudwala Caves
- Dinosaur Park
- Kruger National Park
Sheba Room & Boardroom
The hotel can also accommodate function groups from 20-80. For any special dietary requirements, guests are welcome to request these prior to arrival. The four star Mount Sheba Hotel provides accommodation in 25 well-defined rooms with a maximum of 50 business delegates (sharing).
- Sheba Room
- White board & marker pens
- Flip Chart & Markers
- Overhead projector
- Fitted wall screen (4 square meters)
- Sunken Floor plug sockets
- Extension Cords
- Fax facilities
The Function venues at the Mount Sheba Country Hotelare available for Weddings, Gala Dinners & Product launches. A natural rain forest surrounds Mount Sheba and ceremonies take place in the forest at a beautiful spot about 200m away from the hotel, under a gazebo with guests gathering around the wedding couple. Mount Sheba does not allow anyone to take chairs into the forest, as it upsets the forest bed. The signing of the register takes place inside the hotel, as law does not allow the register to be signed in the open air.
- The Main Dining Room seats about 75 guests; this room may only be used if the wedding group occupies the entire hotel
- The Sheba Room seats 50 -80 guests with a dance floor
- The Guest Lounge seats 10 – 20 guests without a dance floor
- Boardroom Facilities
- Business Centre
- Children's playground
- Conference venue
- Day-use facilities for early arrivals and late departures
- Hiking trails
- Hotel Bar
- Nearby golf course
- Outdoor patio
- Private guest library/ lounge
- Squash court(s)
- Sun deck
- Swimming Pool
- Table tennis
- Tennis court
- Trout dam
Check in and Check Out Times
- Check in: 14:00
- Check out: 10:30
- 24 - hour reception service
- Airport transfers
- Concierge services
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services
- Luggage storage
- Tours & Transfers on Request
- Wake-up call
- The four-star Mount Sheba Country Hotel welcomes children of all ages.
- Some of the hotel rooms provide sleeper couches in the lounge areas on which children can be accommodated.
- Additional single beds are available for children by prior arrangement.
- # Rooms:
Twin Suites (10) /King Suites (14)
These rooms at the Mount Sheba Hotel follow through an arch formation, each with its own unique colonial style. The spacious lounge area downstairs and a separate bathroom creates a feeling of privacy with nature at your doorstep.
- En suite bathroom
- Lounge area ( in selected rooms only )
- Tea & coffee making facilities
Mount Sheba a Forever Lodge Specials
There are currently no specials for the Mount Sheba a Forever Lodge.
Please check again soon.
Your review has been submitted
Thank you for submitting your review. Our team will check your review and be in touch should we have any questions.
An error was found. Please correct and submit again.
Share your personal review with us of your stay at this property.
1. From Johannesburg follow the N12 highway towards Witbank.
2. Continue onto the N4 highway past Middelburg until the Belfast turnoff.
3. From Belfast continue through to Dullstroom and then on to the Mashishing road.
4. Once you reach Mashishing take the R36 towards Ohrigstad for about 30 kilometers until the Pilgrim�s Rest turnoff and then turn right.
5. Approximately 15 kilometers later you will see the Forever Resorts Mount Sheba sign post.
6. The first 7 km to Forever Resorts Mount Sheba is a gravel road.
On site parking facilities are provided for guests.
- AA Quality Assured Associate
- Tourism Grading Council of South Africa